Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70700
biomed162471
Yssup Rider60308
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48417
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41388
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35797
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 02-03-2010, 01:51 PM   #16
Guest030911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Kip's Burgers and Fries!

Old 02-03-2010, 01:56 PM   #17
Juan Pablo de Marco
El Mariachi

Encounters: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Preston View Post
Mother's Daughter's Diner? They had the best Turkey and Dressing
i think that's it. mmmm.... turkey & dressing.... and mashed taters...and gravy (it's not just a soft drink ya know) shoudn't just be for thanksgiving.

JPdM
Old 02-03-2010, 05:58 PM   #18
cunning gus
Registered Member

WOW ... what flashbacks but elizibeth bo and jim were at Q102 the hated enemy of the KZEW! knon is still the alternative station as well as the jazz station 88.1

juan, i agree. i have many many hours of tape from lone star dead.

also remember some of the greatest concerts at reuinion areana like zappa and when the dead came to town in 88'.
and of course slam bang theater, ikky twerp, and the stoogies!
Old 02-03-2010, 08:17 PM   #19
drez63
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Wow!!!!!Now those memories are flooding back........

And who remembers.....

Vickery Park on Greenville.....the pony rides
Sandy Lake Park
the Vikery Feed Store
Judge Roy Beans
The Filling Station
Peaches Records
The Melody Shop in NorthPark
Sanger Harris
Tiches Goetinger (spelling?)
The Varsity Shop
The Mecca on Harry Hines
Brownies (thanks for that one I almost forgot)
The Bijou ( I was there when David Crosby got busted for coke)
The Texas Tea House
The Western Place
Spanish Galleon
Zuider Zee's
Southern Kitchen
Grannys Dinner Theater
Olla Podrida and the Dallas Palace ( I asked Michael Murphys wife to dance and she said yes....I was 19 and he was playing WildFire......very cool)
Little Italianos
The Spaghetti Warehouse ....before the west end
Belle Star
Pig Stand
The HopaBus.......buses that looked like bunny rabbits
The Playboy Club
J Rags
Debonair Danceland
Warren Culberson.....now there was a weatherman
VERNE LUNDQUIST......sorry Babe and Dale
Hans Muellers Sausage and Beer Garden
The Next Door Restaurant in Farmers Branch with putput golf
The Phone Boothe restaurant
Cartoon Carnival (nothing like it on a summers day 11:30am in front of the TV with a grilled cheese samich!!!!!!!
Skillerns Drugstore
Southland Feed Store
Wild Country Safari
The Ice House on Yale

Good God!!!!!Didnt we have us a place to grow up in????????
I know a lot of you think this is cheesy, but I really do appreciate you guys remining me of the things I forgot,...and I really do like knowing that I'm not the only one who misses these things...
Old 02-03-2010, 08:18 PM   #20
drez63
Valued Poster

Oh yea.....I had a short gig as a DJ on KNON....remember the redneck roper reveu with Roy Ashley.......
Old 02-03-2010, 09:49 PM   #21
Juan Pablo de Marco
El Mariachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunning gus View Post
juan, i agree. i have many many hours of tape from lone star dead.

also remember some of the greatest concerts at reunion areana like zappa and when the dead came to town in 88'.!
i saw zappa in '84 or '85 at fair park coloseum, or whatever it was/is called. also saw steppenwolf at a country bar called Belle Star off of 75 maybe '84 or so. there was a horse saddle that rotated hanging from the top of the dance floor. the waitresses were just plain freaking out because lets just say the crowd was not their regular clientele. i'll never forget seeing steppenwolf doing an extended version of 'magic carpet ride; with a horse saddle rotating above the dance floor.

and anybody ever go the the Bronco Bowl? saw U2 there before they were nothing back in hell i don't know maybe 83 or so. tix were maybe 10 bucks or so. also saw a triple bill of Johnny Winter, Greg Allman Band, and Edgar Winter there. and saw Stevie Ray Vaughn at so many venues... most notable at amon carter convention center i think. saw b.b. king at the Fast & Cool Club.

and who remembers the rock club on NWY... maybe the Ritz? remember seeing a band called Pantera when they were a spandex-wearing hair band before they went hard metal or whatever.

and seriously.. the Redneck Roper Review....??? i probably talked to you on the phone dude! that was back in the day before cd's. i'd put a cassette in the player and head out on the town. come back home and listen to the Super Redneck Roper Review i had taped and get some hot licks. i'll bet i still have some of those tapes around somewhere.

good times.

JPdM
Old 02-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #22
cookie man
Premium Access

Encounters: 13

I definitely remember The Filling Station with the large old timey gas pumps out front. It was said to be a hangout of Bonnie and Clyde. Great for business.

I remember closing down the Texas Tea House a few times. Damn that place was a shack. There was a dude who played Grateful Dead songs and his closer was Casey Jones...
"Driving that train. High on cocaine. Casey Jones you better watch your speed."

I use to work nights durning the summer while I was in college, and we would listen to Bill Mack, the Midnight Cowboy, on WBAP. I know he was in Ft. Worth, but since I was working in Dallas, it counts for Dallas nostalgia. Supposedly he wrote the song "Blue" for Patsy Cline and forty years later it became a hit for Leanne Rimes.

I forget the name of the theatre at Harry Hines and Northwest Highway( the Circle?) where my date and I went to disco night New Years Eve 1974. Never mix champagne, Hurricanes, and disco. I still don't know how I made it home alive.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:06 PM   #23
drez63
Valued Poster

that dude at the texas tea house was will barnes......he wrote the marijauna polka, she ran off with buck and a few other kinky friedman type songs.....I bartended there for a short while in '82-'83.....what a great honky tonk.....
Old 02-03-2010, 10:07 PM   #24
drez63
Valued Poster

anybody else besides me at the longhorn ballroom when the sex pistols got thrown out???
Old 02-03-2010, 10:18 PM   #25
KohanaKoa
Ambassador

Encounters: 63

How about the original 97.1 the Eagle with the Moose morning show and Kid Kraddick at night. The Q102 Album Rock stickers on your bumper and every summer the Texas Jam at the Cotton Bowl. Sa-weet!
Old 02-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #26
Juan Pablo de Marco
El Mariachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by drez63 View Post
anybody else besides me at the longhorn ballroom when the sex pistols got thrown out???
heard about it, but wasn't there. but i was at Trees when a local guy named Scott Turner von Blarcum, or something like that, punched out Kurt Cobain (back when Nirvana wasn't shit) because he thought ol' Kurt was abusing his amplifiers. blarcum fronted a band called Ethel Merman until the Ethel Merman estate threatened to sue, so they changed their name to Pumpin' Ethel'.

JPdM
Old 02-03-2010, 10:26 PM   #27
drez63
Valued Poster

was that the Texas Jam that was in the torrential rain or was that the one at texas stadium parking lot?
Old 02-03-2010, 10:29 PM   #28
KohanaKoa
Ambassador

Encounters: 63

Quote:
was that the Texas Jam that was in the torrential rain or was that the one at texas stadium parking lot?
Drez, I don't remember the rain, but then again, I may have been impaired...

I grew up in Garland too, remember the old White Water park on NW Hwy and 635, before it became Wet & Wild. Fun times...
Old 02-03-2010, 11:01 PM   #29
Juan Pablo de Marco
El Mariachi

Quote:
i got mugged/held up or whatever after the Texas Jam with Deep Purple and others (Cotton Bowl '85 or '86'?). and i have to say... possibly the nicest muggers you could ask for. we chatted for over a half hour or so before my buddy 'mad man mosley' finally made it back to the car. so madman gets back finally, as we had gotten separated somewhere inside, and my new buddies told me, in no uncertain terms, that they had been watching our car for the duration of the Texas Jam and boy howdy they would surely appreciate 20 bucks or so for doing so. and it was clear that the 20 dollar donation wasn't negotiable. i had no money on me, but when my buddy showed up i told him we needed 20 bucks to get the hell out of there. and home we went safe and sound.

good times.

JPdM
Old 02-04-2010, 12:33 AM   #30
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Some old memories for sure. KZEW was the first one I thought about. And I have some really bad memories from The Filling Station that involved a blue eyed, black haired girl from SMU and an blue drink that was on fire. Damn I don't think I'd ever been that drunk before or have been that drunk since. Still remember the girl's name, somehow.

I did dearly love Frank X. Tolbert's on a cold night. Sitting up front at the table under the moose's head that was wearing the Shiner gimme cap.

Popsicle Toes and Strictly Taboo were the places for Jazz.

Now for some new ones (I think):

Whiskey River on Greenville Ave. -- Delber McClinton for a $3 cover on Monday nights.
Cardinal Puff's on Greenville -- great outdoor beer garden
Bowley & Wilson club. What a fuckin' riot.
The 8.0 Bar -- very different from the afore mentioned places, but a blast.
Speaking of gay clubs, The Old Plantation??

Speaking of the Sportatorium, I also remember concerts there. They'd take the ropes off the wrestling ring and have the band play in the ring. I remember Willie Nelson playing there.

Speaking of music, Mother Blues on Lemon??!! There was one other rock club from that era, but I can't remember it's name. Maybe someone else can.

Buddy magazine?

Buggs Henderson -- still around and still rockin', I might add.

I also remember a disco in the Old Town shopping center that was pretty big, but damned if I can recall the name.

A bar on McKinney, north of Knox called Chelsea Corner. Great little fireplace and usually a guitarist on stage doing James Taylor covers. Good drinks, too.

Happy hour and Humperdinks -- not my favorite, but many made the scene there. Eat appetizers for dinner, etc.

Mario's Mexican Restaurant in Old Town next the the driving range.

Lots of memories.
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women