Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
test
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162434
Yssup Rider60261
gman4453222
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48405
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41315
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35744
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 07-17-2011, 11:23 AM   #16
sixxbach
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Pablo de Marco View Post
I think the thread should be re-opened. It was closed so quickly, many of us missed out on another golden opportunity to make fun of Tony... and that never gets old!
Exactly!

Like I said, allow the members to steer the direction of threads..........

sixx
Old 07-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #17
bigdog0311
BANNED

Encounters: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Worth Punk View Post
In general, I do think there is a bit more closing of threads than there should be, with a lot of preemptive closing.

But to liken that to this situation is absurd. How many threads does he need to post about the exact same subject? He has been banned from chat. It's done. And I have yet to see much in the way of disagreement regarding the banning from anyone besides Tony. He got a chance to state his feelings on the issue, repeatedly. Frankly, most forums I've been a part of wouldn't have been as patient as they have been on this one.
The problem IMO is the absolute fact that all members of this site are not "equal", per say, in that some get more leniency than others, and by certain mods, before points are awarded, vacations sent out or banned for life commences for that handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodhound View Post
I have thought for a good while that threads were being closed way tooooo soon. Seems that some mods get off by jumping in and closing for no good reason other than being a dick.

As far as Tony's chat quest, it makes me grin everytime I see someone post about it.
And just has you have stated that a mod is being a dick, may or may not get you any "disciplinary" action taken against you, it is all predicated on which mod reads this, what his "mood" is at the time and/or which mod wishes to take action against you, if any at all.

Like I said in my previous post, while certainly a mod can have opinions, as long as he/she does not "run down" a member in an open forum, they should be objective and be able to listen with open ears, to all sides of a discussion and, taking the site rules in his decision making, when he makes a decision, not a "personal" one because he does not like a particular member, or he may have the same opinion of one member who disagrees with another, and not "belittle" the member he disagrees with. Now are far as closing threads, as the OP stated, sure the mods can and do close threads/edit posts at their discretion, but going to the other mods and asking their opinion is also a good idea, and what ever the "majority" rules, then they keep it closed or they reopen it. No one needs to know the "outcome of the vote" as that is none of anyone's business but the mods. Just a thought.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:33 AM   #18
Precision45
Valued Poster

I have no problem with mods closing posts and/or threads that are retarded to begin with.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:34 AM   #19
Tony Gambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Pablo de Marco View Post
I think the thread should be re-opened. It was closed so quickly, many of us missed out on another golden opportunity to make fun of Tony... and that never gets old!
I agree it should be reopened, and a couple of mods might borrow a sence of humour....nobody is going to make me a mod. the threAD was started in good fun.....and I'd like to have my points taken off also, I didn't do anything wrong to warrent them
Old 07-17-2011, 12:58 PM   #20
Guest082216-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

SPAM- constant posting in one or more forum of the same thing over and over.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:17 PM   #21
PODarkness
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Gambino View Post
I agree it should be reopened, and a couple of mods might borrow a sence of humour....nobody is going to make me a mod. the threAD was started in good fun.....and I'd like to have my points taken off also, I didn't do anything wrong to warrent them

Telling the same joke over and over does not add to the joke's humor. Maybe the first through 10th were started in good fun, but after ten? The "good fun" is played out.

Get a new joke. Then, keep it to yourself.

POD
Old 07-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #22
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

You talking about masturbation?
Old 07-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #23
chipper
Ambassador

Encounters: 25
My ECCIE Reviews

This is a really tough topic. I have not read the post in question but I will say, in general, we will have just as many people complaining because we do not close some threads quickly enough. Damned if you do and Damned if you don't. There is a fine line there and I haven't found it yet. Most of the time I couldn't even tell you who made me close a thread. I try not to let personalities get involved.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:12 PM   #24
Juan Pablo de Marco
El Mariachi

Encounters: 165

hell when i said the thread should be re-opened i was just joking/being sarcastic. i think the mods do a pretty fair job as fas as the closing of threads. if anything, i think some go on way too long. but i was serious about making fun of tony...that's always good fun.

if you think the mods are being heavy handed...send an email to the owners and suggest they cut their pay. that'll teach them.

JPdM
Old 07-17-2011, 07:32 PM   #25
Randall Creed
Valued Poster

Encounters: 84

Whaaat! A mod complaining?

Bummer, dude.

Being 'in charge' is a pain in the ass sometimes. There are times when you've got to be 'a bigger man (or woman)' than the people you preside over. A cop can't bodyslam a citizen because they threw a cup on the ground. That same cop can't blow off littering when a cute chick does it. He's got to find a medium to deal with both situations, and a medium where there's as minimum 'damage' as possible.

Too often it seems like moderators let their emotions dictate how they deal with people on this board. Seems like almost every point I've ever gotten and EVERY ban has involved some baiting or an instance where a mod COULD'VE taken the higher road but choose to wuss out and take the easier one. I've seen it with others, too.

Damn cowboys. Hall monitors on steroids. However ya wanna put it.

Just saying.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:21 PM   #26
Juan Pablo de Marco
El Mariachi

cops are sworn and paid servants to the public and as such are held to a high standard. sucks when they abuse their authority. but eccie mode are non-paid volunteers that have to put up with a bunch of shit for zero pay. all on a board for our wonderful 'hobby'. come on rambo...this isn't really important in the grand scheme of things is it?

JPdM
Old 07-17-2011, 08:54 PM   #27
Randall Creed
Valued Poster

I should've known what I said would fly over YOUR head, you mental midget!

Don't FUCK WITH ME tonight, guy.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:55 PM   #28
Guest021812-3
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

I'm pretty sure that it says somewhere in the US constitution that "An anonymous whoremonger shall not be denied his inalienable right tp due process regarding the closing of drunken postings on a SHMB."
This was actually challenged and upheld in the Supreme Court with "32 Flavors V. Castlestormer, 2001".

Tony, I'd get Gloria Allred on the phone ASAP, this aggression will not stand, man!
Old 07-17-2011, 08:59 PM   #29
Juan Pablo de Marco
El Mariachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambro Creed View Post
I should've known what I said would fly over YOUR head, you mental midget!

Don't FUCK WITH ME tonight, guy.
can i fuck with you maybe tomorrow? or i may be free tuesday. let me check.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:01 PM   #30
Randall Creed
Valued Poster

In any society where you have SOME form of Government, it is that GOVERNING BODY's job to act and rule with BALANCE and FAIRNESS. It doesn't matter if you're paid or not. If you're given a position and you AGREE to accept it, you take it KNOWING that you're expected to be FAIR and UNFAVORABLE to the best of your ability.

If you AGREE to ref a fucking softball game, you are expected to call the game FAIRLY and EVENLY, not show favoritism. As a ref, you are IN CHARGE of the fucking game! It is the AUTHORITIVE POSITION of the damn game. If you favor one team over the other, you should be or will be removed. Your credibility will be shit, in the eyes of BOTH sides, the well treated and mistreated.

In the given society, if your favoritism becomes too blatant, you will lose the PEOPLE that you are supposed to be governing. They will eventually OVERTHROW your ass, and all of those like you.

If this board continues to let particular moderators act like jackasses, the people will leave eventually. Look what happened to the LAST BOARD that thought it was bigger than its 'citizens'.

Understand that. If you can't, fucking stick your head in a microwave and thaw it out...or pull it out of your ass. Whichever works best for you.
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women