Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
test
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70718
biomed162742
Yssup Rider60463
gman4453234
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48482
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41796
CryptKicker37188
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36183
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 11-21-2010, 01:31 AM   #16
Camille
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 511
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
I think what I was getting so hung up on was the turn of the phrase, "duty of care"... When I hear it, I'm conditioned to think negligence from tort law. As in, was there a duty of care? What was the duty of care? Was that duty breeched?
Well, hard and fast DoC in this industry is a bit of a moot point really isn't it? I didn't want to write a long laundry but with regards DoC...I mean things like a gentleman asking if he can pay for my transport costs to and from the city because he doesn't necessarily like me driving home late at night alone. I've had that happen a few times and it's not something I would ordinarily expect from anyone other than a good friend, family member etc...certainly beyond the realm of anything I would have ever expected from a client. That's really the sort of thing I suppose I was getting at with regards DoC and that the world at large would be surprised at this sort of thing even though I dont think its that unusual....
Nice to hear others thoughts though
Camille is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:13 AM   #17
Clerkenwell
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille View Post
Well, hard and fast DoC in this industry is a bit of a moot point really isn't it?
Do you consider youself bound by any DoC to Daily Mail readers?
Clerkenwell is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:15 AM   #18
Camille
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clerkenwell View Post
Do you consider youself bound by any DoC to Daily Mail readers?
You mean as opposed to being a Brit that feels duty bound to piss all over Americans? Yeah, it would seem so comrade...
And so back to the topic in hand...
Old 11-21-2010, 09:40 AM   #19
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Location: Up a hill...down a hill... Up a hill...down a hill...

Quote:
Well, hard and fast DoC in this industry is a bit of a moot point really isn't it?
That's certainly the capital-W perception of DoC (in the legal sense) industry. It's every man & woman out for him or her self....Devil take the hindmost! Perhaps thats why some of our Rynd disciples love it so!

While DoC is - at best - a very informal process here, I'm not so sure it's moot. A significant portion of demimondes are extremely protective of their reputation w/in the community. A significant portion of the drama that goes on 'round here - & on other boards past & present - usually centers around some kind of Demimonde "People's Court"....who was wrong or right under whatever set of circumstances get spelled out. If we could ever figure out how to have a "real" Demimonde Court, I would imagine some of us would be suing each other up one side & down the other!! Definition of character, perhaps, being the leading cause of action...

Quote:
I didn't want to write a long laundry but with regards DoC...I mean things like a gentleman asking if he can pay for my transport costs to and from the city because he doesn't necessarily like me driving home late at night alone. I've had that happen a few times and it's not something I would ordinarily expect from anyone other than a good friend, family member etc...certainly beyond the realm of anything I would have ever expected from a client. That's really the sort of thing I suppose I was getting at with regards DoC and that the world at large would be surprised at this sort of thing even though I dont think its that unusual....
Nice to hear others thoughts though
I gotcha! I'm not into laundry lists myself but I can say that I have done things that have gone above & beyond DoC (in any sense of the phrase) and I have received the same of others. I have made friends as well through the course of my wanderings here. People that I like...that I respect...that I care about what happens to them in their demi & "RW" lives. I'm sure that would amaze some percentage of the World, writ large. That surprised me at first, too. It certainly wasn't what I expected or even what I thought I wanted. But, at the bottom of it all, we're all people. I shouldn't have been surprised. Cash for companionship changes much...but, apparently, not everything. Who knew????

NOW...what really surprised me is that a few I've met here (apparently) feel the same of me. That's just crazy!!
Sisyphus is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:25 PM   #20
Lovely Victoria
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 12025
My ECCIE Reviews

Fantasic post Camille.

I prefer to call it plain ol' kindness and not a duty of care.
Lovely Victoria is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:48 AM   #21
Laurentius
Valued Poster

It would seem odd to me to spend intimate time with someone and then treat her like I would a stranger on the street.
Laurentius is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:03 AM   #22
Camille
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentius View Post
It would seem odd to me to spend intimate time with someone and then treat her like I would a stranger on the street.
ahhh..but that goes back to the adage that "we are here when you want us, gone when you do not"...so it's not an expectation.

C x
Old 11-23-2010, 10:10 AM   #23
Nina Rae
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7731
My ECCIE Reviews

I can't really say I fancy it as a "duty of care" either. Its more or less general human decency to me.

I'm with Sisyphus on the implication of a tort law discussion (damn those professors for drilling it all in so well).
Nina Rae is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:53 AM   #24
Camille
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

I sort of thought that the DoC thing (with regards negligence) had been covered right at the start with ref to safety and health etc. Granted, the implications of suing someone for lack of in this industry would be moot...but that was what I was getting at. My point was that people owe a bigger Doc to those that are much more involved in their lives (making sure they get home safely etc) than they would to a provider...which was unexpected on my part.
It seems that still isn't clear. My apology..

C
Old 11-23-2010, 10:59 AM   #25
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Location: Up a hill...down a hill... Up a hill...down a hill...

Quote:
I sort of thought that the DoC thing (with regards negligence) had been covered right at the start with ref to safety and health etc. Granted, the implications of suing someone for lack of in this industry would be moot...but that was what I was getting at. My point was that people owe a bigger Doc to those that are much more involved in their lives (making sure they get home safely etc) than they would to a provider...which was unexpected on my part.
It seems that still isn't clear. My apology..

C
No worries, luv! It's a language barrier....English!!

You speak it properly...we don't!
Sisyphus is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:46 AM   #26
Laurentius
Valued Poster

Quote:
ahhh..but that goes back to the adage that "we are here when you want us, gone when you do not"...so it's not an expectation.

C x
Yes ... the infamous "four Fs." And I guess that is generally the way things work. But even at that, I'm dealing with ... well ... a woman. She has certain basic entitlements IMHO that aren't negated by the envelope.

Without a doubt, in exchange for that envelope she has given up certain rights that a civie with whom I am intimate would have; but she hasn't surrendered the rights I would accord a friend.
Laurentius is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #27
ammonite
Valued Poster

Encounters: 48

My experience is much like Rednecksatyr and Abdclub in that I've made several good friends that I do things with outside of bcd with. I still see them bcd ocasionally but that's seperate from, and not as frequent as the non-bcd interaction. I would consider them friends if I never saw them bcd again and I think they would feel the same
ammonite is offline   Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:55 PM   #28
abdclub
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Well said, ammonite. BTW, who is that in your avatar and when is she coming to Houston?

abdclub
abdclub is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women