Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-04-2015, 06:47 AM   #16
DSK
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
There is no dearth of books on the assassination of JFK. I've read many. The one I referenced has been the best. The author doesn't even take a solid stand as to who was responsible, he simply compares the evidence included in the Warren Commission report with his own 30 year investigation and interviews, and it becomes clear that Oswald did not kill President Kennedy. He referenced and documents evidence ignored and/or altered by the Commission. Read it, and decide for yourself. Maybe it's bullshit, but I have never believed the Warren Commission.
COG you are clearly a very intelligent person. Until you have read Bugliosi's book, I can understand you having doubts about Oswald since so many books are pro-conspiracy. Posner and especially Bugliosi present the other side.

I've never spoken with anyone who read the entire Bugliosi book who doesn't think Oswald did it. It is extremely long but very interesting, and exudes the thoroughness of a man who won all but one out of over a hundred murder prosecutions in LA County, including Charles Manson.

Even Posner's book doesn't come close, and Posner wrote an excellent book.
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:00 AM   #17
SinsOfTheFlesh
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54993
My ECCIE Reviews

When I was about 21 or 22, I took a summer course in college called Terrorism and Executive Protection. I took it because it fulfilled electives in both my major and minor, and it was probably one of the most fascinating classes I took in college. No one slept through those classes LOL

Since it was a summer class, it was on an accelerated time table. The class lasted just one week, but it was 8 hours a day. We studied all sorts of things - we looked at the Oklahoma City bombing, then only a few years past, looked at how buildings can be designed to resist a bombing, learned about the history of the secret service, and many other things.

One entire day though was dedicated to Kennedy's assassination. On that day, two experts spoke to the class. One argued that Oswald acted alone, the other argued for conspiracy. Each man was given 4 hours to make his case.

Before we began the instructor asked for a show of hands of those who believed Oswald acted alone, those who believed in conspiracy, and those who either didn't know or hadn't decided. The result was mixed. "I don't know" probably got the most hands (that is when I raised mine), but there was a sprinkling of hands for both Oswald alone, and for conspiracy as well.

Then the Oswald expert went to work with photographs, diagrams, models, everything under the sun. For four hours we listened to his very good arguments in favor of Oswald being the lone gunman. Then we went to lunch. When we came back, the conspiracy expert went to work with his photographs, charts, diagrams, and his persuasive arguments. Altogether, it was fascinating stuff.

When we came back the next day we spent about an hour or so discussing our thoughts on the presentations we had heard. The instructor once again polled us. Here is where it gets interesting. When polled the day before, the class had been fairly well divided between conspiracy, no conspiracy, and undecided. The second day when the instructor polled us again, the entire class was unanimous. Every single hand went up in favor of conspiracy.
SinsOfTheFlesh is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:38 AM   #18
DSK
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh View Post
When I was about 21 or 22, I took a summer course in college called Terrorism and Executive Protection. I took it because it fulfilled electives in both my major and minor, and it was probably one of the most fascinating classes I took in college. No one slept through those classes LOL

Since it was a summer class, it was on an accelerated time table. The class lasted just one week, but it was 8 hours a day. We studied all sorts of things - we looked at the Oklahoma City bombing, then only a few years past, looked at how buildings can be designed to resist a bombing, learned about the history of the secret service, and many other things.

One entire day though was dedicated to Kennedy's assassination. On that day, two experts spoke to the class. One argued that Oswald acted alone, the other argued for conspiracy. Each man was given 4 hours to make his case.

Before we began the instructor asked for a show of hands of those who believed Oswald acted alone, those who believed in conspiracy, and those who either didn't know or hadn't decided. The result was mixed. "I don't know" probably got the most hands (that is when I raised mine), but there was a sprinkling of hands for both Oswald alone, and for conspiracy as well.

Then the Oswald expert went to work with photographs, diagrams, models, everything under the sun. For four hours we listened to his very good arguments in favor of Oswald being the lone gunman. Then we went to lunch. When we came back, the conspiracy expert went to work with his photographs, charts, diagrams, and his persuasive arguments. Altogether, it was fascinating stuff.

When we came back the next day we spent about an hour or so discussing our thoughts on the presentations we had heard. The instructor once again polled us. Here is where it gets interesting. When polled the day before, the class had been fairly well divided between conspiracy, no conspiracy, and undecided. The second day when the instructor polled us again, the entire class was unanimous. Every single hand went up in favor of conspiracy.
Proverbs 18:17
"The first to put forth his case seems right, until someone else steps forward and cross-examines him."

This is why the prosecution gets to go last, they need the advantage since they must prove their case, the defense only has to poke holes in it.
If Bugliosi had advocated in that class, the results would have been different.
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 10:10 AM   #19
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

It's been awhile but I'm sure I read the Bugliosi book. But I'll look at it again. Most of the conspiracy books are bullshit, and are embarrassing. The Girl on the Stairs was different in that the author states he started out supporting the Warren Commission, but was challenged by a friend to look into it, and spent 30 years researching, tracking down witnesses and examining evidence. And like I said, he doesn't point fingers which is usually the point of most conspiracy books. You might like it.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 10:17 AM   #20
DSK
Account Disabled

Quote:
It's been awhile but I'm sure I read the Bugliosi book. But I'll look at it again. Most of the conspiracy books are bullshit, and are embarrassing. The Girl on the Stairs was different in that the author states he started out supporting the Warren Commission, but was challenged by a friend to look into it, and spent 30 years researching, tracking down witnesses and examining evidence. And like I said, he doesn't point fingers which is usually the point of most conspiracy books. You might like it.
Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy Hardcover – May 15, 2007 by Vincent Bugliosi (Author)
At 2000 pages, it is a long read.
I will check out The Girl on the Stairs since you recommend it.
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 10:20 AM   #21
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy Hardcover – May 15, 2007 by Vincent Bugliosi (Author)
At 2000 pages, it is a long read.
I will check out The Girl on the Stairs since you recommend it.
I hope it's on Kindle. I've forgotten how to hold a real book!
Old 04-04-2015, 01:33 PM   #22
DSK
Account Disabled

Quote:
I hope it's on Kindle. I've forgotten how to hold a real book!
It is!
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:26 PM   #23
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
There is no dearth of books on the assassination of JFK. I've read many. The one I referenced has been the best. The author doesn't even take a solid stand as to who was responsible, he simply compares the evidence included in the Warren Commission report with his own 30 year investigation and interviews, and it becomes clear that Oswald did not kill President Kennedy. He referenced and documents evidence ignored and/or altered by the Commission. Read it, and decide for yourself. Maybe it's bullshit, but I have never believed the Warren Commission.
You can't even respond to the one simple factual statement I just made.....if there was a conspiracy, the conspirators were clairvoyant. Otherwise, how would they have known to get Oswald a job at the depository when the motorcade route had not been decided upon when he went to work there?

Explain please....with something more than "it is clear that Oswald did not kill Kennedy." Come on...you started it.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:41 PM   #24
SinsOfTheFlesh
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54993
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
Proverbs 18:17
"The first to put forth his case seems right, until someone else steps forward and cross-examines him."

This is why the prosecution gets to go last, they need the advantage since they must prove their case, the defense only has to poke holes in it.
If Bugliosi had advocated in that class, the results would have been different.
Among the many things we saw that day in class was a picture of JFK laid out on an autopsy table. There was a small bullet hole in his forehead, and you could see brain matter hanging from the back of his head.

To this day, I have not been able to find that picture anywhere else. That picture more than anything else is why the entire class unanimously switched to conspiracy after both presentations.

From that day until now, I have remained 100% certain that Oswald could not have acted alone because that picture left no doubt that JFK was shot from the front, while his back was to Oswald.

I doubt if Bugliosi's book could turn me around on that, but I would still be interested in reading it.
SinsOfTheFlesh is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:59 PM   #25
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Among the many things we saw that day in class was a picture of JFK laid out on an autopsy table. There was a small bullet hole in his forehead, and you could see brain matter hanging from the back of his head.

To this day, I have not been able to find that picture anywhere else. That picture more than anything else is why the entire class unanimously switched to conspiracy after both presentations.

From that day until now, I have remained 100% certain that Oswald could not have acted alone because that picture left no doubt that JFK was shot from the front, while his back was to Oswald.

I doubt if Bugliosi's book could turn me around on that, but I would still be interested in reading it.
You're thinking is pretty much correct. Although we are all suppose to believe the Warren Commission Report and that Oswald acted alone, I'll take it one step further Oswald didn't act at all. There is too much evidence that points to more than one person and more than one gun. Guys like Bugliosi and Posner are just reinforcing the Warren Commission. Like I previously stated the history books gave us Oswald as the perpetrator that doesn't mean that is what really happened but nothing else will be officially accepted. So if you ever get a call from a radio DJ to answer a trivia question for money or a prize and the question is "Who Killed Kennedy" you may as well say Oswald or just tell him to fuck off , which would be more noble.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 10:40 PM   #26
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:

I remember that too. Haven't seen that shot in years. Another thing, Oswald was confronted by the police in the 2nd floor break room, calmly drinking a Coke, 90 seconds after the shooting. No one has been able to recreate stashing the rifle and running down 4 flights of stairs in that amount of time, let alone being able to do it without running out of breath. There are many inconsistencies. In fact, I believe there was a special House Select Committee convened a number of years ago that concluded that the Warren Commission was wrong. I will look that up. And the "magic bullet" theory is ridiculous.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:24 AM   #27
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:

There was no "small bullet hole in his forehead". The exit wound is gaping.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._Kennedy_autopsy

More @:

http://www.jfkfiles.com/jfk/html/concl3.htm

And there's still this:

I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 06:49 AM   #28
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
...if there was a conspiracy, the conspirators were clairvoyant. Otherwise, how would they have known to get Oswald a job at the depository when the motorcade route had not been decided upon when he went to work there? ....
Kennedy was supposed to appear the next day in Austin.

His route had been selected and pre-planned. Just like in Dallas.

It was not necessary for the "route" to be known that far in advance. All that one needs to know is the possible routes and have a person designated for the various alternatives. Ruby was a police groupy who hung around the DPD. He "knew" Oswald's "route"!

Your "assumption" is that LE in Dallas was "above reproach" ... and the same for the Feds. Not the case at all. The "Mafia" had the highest motivation to get rid of Kennedy with the least possible risk of retaliation.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:10 AM   #29
gnadfly
Account Disabled

http://www.cyberlearning-world.com/n...fk/autopsy.htm
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:20 AM   #30
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Kennedy was supposed to appear the next day in Austin.

His route had been selected and pre-planned. Just like in Dallas.

It was not necessary for the "route" to be known that far in advance. All that one needs to know is the possible routes and have a person designated for the various alternatives. Ruby was a police groupy who hung around the DPD. He "knew" Oswald's "route"!

Your "assumption" is that LE in Dallas was "above reproach" ... and the same for the Feds. Not the case at all. The "Mafia" had the highest motivation to get rid of Kennedy with the least possible risk of retaliation.
I agree

I have stated this before in other similar threads, I had many dinners with Henry Wade and he never wavered on Oswald being the single shooter. On the other hand a friends dad who fought with Patton swears nobody could get 3 shots off in that short of time

The Mafia had the most to gain
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women