Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
test
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 258
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70647
biomed162188
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453188
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48301
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41212
CryptKicker37164
Mokoa36490
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 05-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #16
shorty
On Extended Hiatus!!

Encounters: 8
My ECCIE Reviews

Guess I could make an exception for you Naomi, if ED isn't the jealous type!!
shorty is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:24 PM   #17
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews

I don't text because I don't have time to sit down, exchange texts for 15 minutes on a conversation that could've taken place with a call and shortened my time to 5 minutes if even that.

I don't have the patience and most importantly, I hate it. But, I will admit to accepting texts from a short list of people.
MsElena is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #18
Revive
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

I like texting so I KNOW that I did not get something mixed up. If I drive an 40 minutes to see someone then sit there for an hour calling or worse yet get a room and then she calls back 3 hrs. Later when you are out o the area and says that I had the day or time wrong. Not so I can bash her but so that I know she is unreliable and her fault and move on.
Revive is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #19
lisa.lisa0302
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 1877
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanGeisha View Post
I think most girls don't like texting because 1) some of us use a prepaid phone for the hobby which is usually annoying to text on or all the minutes are run up from a few texts 2) Most ladies have their number listed in a add and I would figure about 95% of texts are guys who will never book but just want to send nasty messages + pics of their cocks .I am sure after your screened if you tell a girl you may have to text it would be fine .
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsElena View Post
I don't text because I don't have time to sit down, exchange texts for 15 minutes on a conversation that could've taken place with a call and shortened my time to 5 minutes if even that.

I don't have the patience and most importantly, I hate it. But, I will admit to accepting texts from a short list of people.
lisa.lisa0302 is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:30 PM   #20
Eccie Addict
Former Post Ho

Encounters: 25

I like talking over the phone over texting however being hearing impaired when it cones to details such as an adress or room number I prefer text. It eliminates maybe not hearing correctly. If you think texting is annoying trust me it's much more annoying being asked to repeat yourself repeatedly.
Eccie Addict is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:50 PM   #21
delightfuldusty
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 77999
My ECCIE Reviews

I usually set everything up through email, but will give my number for text purposes only the day of the appointment. I have a regular job so I can't take calls about my extra activities at work, but I can send a text to confirm where we are meeting and what time. I also use to in case one of us is running late due to a meeting or being held up at work. But I also make it clear that I can't have long text conversations, it is better to email for that.
delightfuldusty is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:12 PM   #22
heidilynnla
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 9583
My ECCIE Reviews

My "real phone" is an iphone, which is easy to text on. My " provider phone" is a cheap throwaway boost. It is a pain in the ass to text on. One or two texts are ok, but I CAN'T have a conversation via text.

I prefer e-mail, because I can go back to review conversations/references. It is just easier to stay organized.
heidilynnla is offline   Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #23
JohnMacnab
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Having high frequency hearing loss it is difficult to understand female voices over a cell phone. The higher pitch the voice the less I hear. Texting prevents misunderstanding and a lot of requests to repeat things. But it is completely understandable that providers want to hear the man's voice before agreeing to a date.
JohnMacnab is offline   Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:30 AM   #24
AimeeAims
Account Frozen

User ID: 56605
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsElena View Post

I agree - one phone call will clear up all of the questions...the same questions that are asked over and over again.

On second thought I could just program some canned messages into my phone:
Yes that's really me.
Yes I'm a natural blonde.
No, I don't want to be your girlfriend.
AimeeAims is offline   Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #25
Sami
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 9489
My ECCIE Reviews

I don't like texting. I will only except text only if I have seen you before,or have been screened and ready to book.
1) I don't have time to carry on with bullshit... I do have a life too
2) It to me, is so easy for confusion..
3) If you text me first, you clearly did not read my info. That's irritating
4) I really prefer to hear a voice.

I do understand there are times we can not talk, I have those times to. But we wouldn't have these rules set for ourselves if some haven't crossed the boundaries so many times.
Sami is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:55 AM   #26
MOCHAakaMOCHA
Hot, Smooth & Full-Bodied

User ID: 57609
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

All the reasons americangeisha and naomi stated.

And also I'd rather hear a voice....I usually can hear bs better than I can read through it when it comes to making an appt
MOCHAakaMOCHA is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #27
roxiestarr
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 82922
My ECCIE Reviews

I prefer to set things up through email, then move on to the phone whether it be texting or talking. Texting is a little easier for me because I'm always on the move and can't be speaking hobby business when I'm walking around campus or something LOL but I can sure text it!
roxiestarr is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:50 PM   #28
Chainsaw Anthropologist
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23
My ECCIE Reviews

I don't care for it because it's basically a one way communication. You have no way of knowing if it has been received unless you receive an acknowledgement.
I had a situation recently where a text message was sent to me, but did not show up on my phone for 2 1/2 days. Because it was being sent from a phone that I had never contacted before I did not have a number to contact to check in regard to the appointment.
Needless to say I missed my appointment and some very hard feelings ensued, not the good kind.

c.a.
Chainsaw Anthropologist is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:25 AM   #29
KlassyKelliAnn
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 2751
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Simple.

Texting takes longer and we are busy.

Plus, it helps to talk to the person because you can get a better idea about them, who they are, if they sound creepy, if they say the wrong things. Many good and bad things can be discovered. As far as texting, only with my regulars, and only if I have the time- otherwise they need to call me.

KKA
KlassyKelliAnn is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #30
oden
Valued Poster

Permanent records of texts are kept on the server and can be subpenaed after the fact. Phone calls have to have a court order beforehand.
oden is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women