Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162390
Yssup Rider60218
gman4453217
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48392
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41270
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35675
Mojojo33117

Old 01-31-2014, 06:27 PM   #16
Av8R
BANNED

Mlk a great man?
Du kannst nicht auf meinem rucken pishen unt mir sagen class es regen ist! ( get Jewish lawyer to translate). MLK was a scum bag of the highest order.
Discrimination and " racism" is a money maker. It's an industry in and of itself. Look how wild that industry went during the Zimmerman trial! Guess how many black on black murders happened during the period of the trial? Nobody cared or cares. Factually, if the NAACP and the other racist groups had of stayed out of the arena and not demanded Zimmerman be charged with murder rather than the correct charge of manslaughter, the scumbag would be in jail tonight.
Av8R is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:46 PM   #17
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Jackie, are you actually trying to make the claim that Congresswoman Jordan would join forces with MLK and both, if alive today, would align themselves with the modern day Republican Party over modern day Democrats?

If nothing else, it makes a good joke!
I think both Barbara Jordan's and MLK's words speak for themselves.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:01 PM   #18
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
I think both Barbara Jordan's and MLK's words speak for themselves.
Yes they do. MLK's actions on the day that he died were very pointed and clearly contradict JD Idiot's non factual belief. I have to believe that MLK's words and actions were far removed from those of the modern day Republican Party, in spite of JD Idiot's assertions to the contrary.

And yes, I believe the same would hold true of Representative Barbara Jordan!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:59 PM   #19
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Discrimination is alive and well, because we all hate someone.

Hey, I don't discriminate - I hate everybody!
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:16 PM   #20
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
The attempts by the GOP and the conservatives to hijack the legacy of MLK, to claim they played some role in getting the Civil Rights Act of 1964 passed... is a fucking joke..... and everybody knows it.
Civil Rights Act of 1964 roll call vote breakdown by numbers:

House of Representatives:
Democrats for: 152
Democrats against: 96
Republicans for: 138
Republicans against: 34

Senate:
Democrats for: 46
Democrats against: 21
Republicans for: 27
Republicans against: 6

% of Republican Reps voting for: 80%
% of Democrat Reps voting for: 61%

% of Republican Senators voting for: 82%
% of Democrat Senators voting for: 69%

You stand corrected, Timmytard. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 could not have passed without Republican support. In fact, GOP Congressmen and Senators voted overwhelmingly in favor of the bill, more so than Democrats.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:41 PM   #21
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
You stand corrected, Timmytard. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 could not have passed without Republican support. In fact, GOP Congressmen and Senators voted overwhelmingly in favor of the bill, more so than Democrats.
It is you who stands corrected! As it relates to "The Civil Rights Act of 1964," the Republican Party of the 1950's and early 1960's shares no resemblance to the Republican Party of 2014. What a difference 50 years makes!

Does the name Senator Strom Thurmond (D-SC) mean anything to you? If not, let me fill you in. He left the Democratic Party to become a Republican (R-SC) shortly after the 1964 Civil Rights vote. Many of his fellow Southern Dixiecrats errrrr Democrats were soon to follow!

From Wikipedia: Thurmond represented South Carolina in the United States Senate from 1954 until 2003, at first as a Democrat and, after 1964, as a Republican. He switched because of his opposition to the 1964 Civil Rights Act, disaffection with the liberalism of the national party, and his support for the conservatism and opposition to the Civil Rights bill of the Republican presidential candidate Senator Barry Goldwater.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strom_Thurmond

It was the Southern Dixiecrats of the 1950's and early 60's who greased Richard Nixon's "Southern Strategy" wheel during the late 60's and early 70's.

From Wikipedia: In American politics, the Southern strategy refers to a Republican Party strategy of gaining political support for certain candidates in the Southern United States by appealing to racism against African Americans.

Though the "
Solid South" had been a longtime Democratic Party stronghold due to the Democratic Party's defense of slavery before the American Civil War and segregation for a century thereafter, many white Southern Democrats stopped supporting the party following the civil rights plank of the Democratic campaign in 1948 (triggering the Dixiecrats), the African-American Civil Rights Movement, the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965, and desegregation.

The strategy was first adopted under future Republican President
Richard Nixon and Republican Senator Barry Goldwaterin the late 1960s.The strategy was successful in winning 5 formerly Confederate states in both the 1964 and 1968 presidential elections. It contributed to the electoral realignment of some Southern states to the Republican Party, but at the expense of losing more than 90 percent of black voters to the Democratic Party. As the twentieth century came to a close, the Republican Party began attempting to appeal to black voters again, though with little success.

In 2005,
Republican National Committee chairman Ken Mehlman formally apologized to the NAACP for ignoring the black vote and exploiting racial conflicts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy
Old 01-31-2014, 09:45 PM   #22
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Fifty years? Nawwww, BT, nothing's changed.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:17 AM   #23
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
It is you who stands corrected!
Are you fucking kidding me? I just put the HISTORICAL FACTS OF THE 1964 CIVIL RIGHTS ACT VOTE COUNT in front of you. Do you understand math? Do you know how to read and interpret a vote count? Do you contest the historical record I dug up on the vote? If not, then STFU.

I will say it again. TIMMYTURD STANDS CORRECTED. He was 100% incorrect to say it is "a fucking joke... to claim they (Republicans) played some role in getting the Civil Rights Act of 1964 passed". It's no joke at all. The vote count itself is proof the GOP played a CRUCIAL role in getting the bill passed, a fact acknowledged by LBJ and Hubert Humphrey and everyone else involved.

Your going off on a tangent about Strom Thurmond and Dixiecrats doesn't change the facts, dipshit.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:35 AM   #24
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
There ya go, lol.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:19 AM   #25
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Your insight into the way black people think is pretty amazing. How did you get so tuned in to the black experience? Do you even know any black people, you fucking dunce?

No, sorry Admiral. Just like every other African-American walking the face of the planet, MLK knew then, and would know now were he still alive, that the GOP doesn't give a rat's ass about anything that matters to African-Americans.

Shit, you just threw up another post lamenting the fact that any blacks or Hispanics are allowed into college, medical or law school. What is it with you and the race-based posting?

Obama is black....he got elected President.....get the fuck over it.

Why is it all about black people with you? People are people you dumb fuck. They want homes, jobs, happiness and an opportunity to better themselves. It has absolutely nothing to do with skin color or sex. How did you get to be such a racist that that is what you see? Was it your parents? Maybe some Sunday school teacher who molested you? What did this to you Timmie?

Obama is half white shit for brains.

By the way; Sie sollten meinen Schwanz lutschen
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:26 AM   #26
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
It is you who stands corrected! As it relates to "The Civil Rights Act of 1964," the Republican Party of the 1950's and early 1960's shares no resemblance to the Republican Party of 2014. What a difference 50 years makes!

Does the name Senator Strom Thurmond (D-SC) mean anything to you? If not, let me fill you in. He left the Democratic Party to become a Republican (R-SC) shortly after the 1964 Civil Rights vote. Many of his fellow Southern Dixiecrats errrrr Democrats were soon to follow!

From Wikipedia: Thurmond represented South Carolina in the United States Senate from 1954 until 2003, at first as a Democrat and, after 1964, as a Republican. He switched because of his opposition to the 1964 Civil Rights Act, disaffection with the liberalism of the national party, and his support for the conservatism and opposition to the Civil Rights bill of the Republican presidential candidate Senator Barry Goldwater.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strom_Thurmond

It was the Southern Dixiecrats of the 1950's and early 60's who greased Richard Nixon's "Southern Strategy" wheel during the late 60's and early 70's.

From Wikipedia: In American politics, the Southern strategy refers to a Republican Party strategy of gaining political support for certain candidates in the Southern United States by appealing to racism against African Americans.

Though the " Solid South" had been a longtime Democratic Party stronghold due to the Democratic Party's defense of slavery before the American Civil War and segregation for a century thereafter, many white Southern Democrats stopped supporting the party following the civil rights plank of the Democratic campaign in 1948 (triggering the Dixiecrats), the African-American Civil Rights Movement, the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965, and desegregation.

The strategy was first adopted under future Republican President Richard Nixon and Republican Senator Barry Goldwaterin the late 1960s.The strategy was successful in winning 5 formerly Confederate states in both the 1964 and 1968 presidential elections. It contributed to the electoral realignment of some Southern states to the Republican Party, but at the expense of losing more than 90 percent of black voters to the Democratic Party. As the twentieth century came to a close, the Republican Party began attempting to appeal to black voters again, though with little success.

In 2005, Republican National Committee chairman Ken Mehlman formally apologized to the NAACP for ignoring the black vote and exploiting racial conflicts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

Ever hear of Robert K Byrd? Albert Gore Sr.? J. William Fulbright? George Wallace? Orval Faubus? Lester Maddox? They were racist democrats and they stayed in the democratic party until their deaths well past 1948 and 1964. You need to pull you head out of your ass (or maybe Timmie's ass).
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:00 AM   #27
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
..... and everybody knows it.
Were you "around" when MLK was "around"?

I mean other than trying to learn how to stand up and pee at the same time.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:34 AM   #28
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Are you fucking kidding me? I just put the HISTORICAL FACTS OF THE 1964 CIVIL RIGHTS ACT VOTE COUNT in front of you. Do you understand math? Do you know how to read and interpret a vote count? Do you contest the historical record I dug up on the vote? If not, then STFU.

I will say it again. TIMMYTURD STANDS CORRECTED. He was 100% incorrect to say it is "a fucking joke... to claim they (Republicans) played some role in getting the Civil Rights Act of 1964 passed". It's no joke at all. The vote count itself is proof the GOP played a CRUCIAL role in getting the bill passed, a fact acknowledged by LBJ and Hubert Humphrey and everyone else involved.

Your going off on a tangent about Strom Thurmond and Dixiecrats doesn't change the facts, dipshit.
Admittedly, not all Dixiecrats left the Democratic Party in the 60's but if you think for even a moment that it was not the Dixiecrats (who left the Democratic Party) who benefited the most from the (late 60's/early 70's) Republican (Nixon-Goldwater) "Southern Strategy" that dominated politics in the Deep South for the next 50 years, then you are living in a fish bowl without sufficient oxygen levels to fuel a very warped mind.

Slowly but surely, nearly all of the 50's-60's era Dixiecrats (from both party's) have passed on but most, if not all, of the Democrats who stayed active eventually denounced their previous racist beliefs. The most prominent Dixiecrat who stayed with the Democratic Party was Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV) and he had the following to say in his later life.

From Wikipedia:

In 1997, Byrd told an interviewer he would encourage young people to become involved in politics but also: "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena." In his last autobiography, Byrd explained that he was a KKK member because he "was sorely afflicted with tunnel vision—a jejune and immature outlook—seeing only what I wanted to see because I thought the Klan could provide an outlet for my talents and ambitions. Byrd also said, in 2005, "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd

Most of the Dixiecrats turned Republican felt no desire to "inhibit their (racist) operations in the political arena." In fact, I am of the opinion that Senator Thurmond's (R-SC) racist beliefs helped him get re-elected many times over, despite the fact that his long time love interest was his African American housekeeper. Go figure!

With those thoughts in mind, I stand by my previous statement that it is you, not me, who stood corrected. The Republican Party of 1965 and beyond was not (and is not) the Republican Party of the 1950's and 1960's. Apparently, the "albatross" Senator Byrd referred to is around your neck, not mine. Live with it!

With all of that said, your previous responses in this thread does lend credence as to why you felt compelled to make the following statement:

Quote:
That is a hell of a way to live your life, but who am I to tell you that you are one fucked up dude!

My unsolicited advice, seek counseling. And soon!
Old 02-01-2014, 12:13 PM   #29
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Why is it all about black people with you? People are people you dumb fuck. They want homes, jobs, happiness and an opportunity to better themselves. It has absolutely nothing to do with skin color or sex. How did you get to be such a racist that that is what you see? Was it your parents? Maybe some Sunday school teacher who molested you? What did this to you Timmie?

Obama is half white shit for brains.

By the way; Sie sollten meinen Schwanz lutschen
There he goes again, talking about another man's SCHWANTZ!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:13 PM   #30
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Talk to JD about it shitbreath.....if you disagree with him that MLK would be a devout Republican today because "he be fuckin no matter what the party" then it sounds like you and the Admiral need to decide who your heroes are....I'm guessing none of yours are African-American.

Regarding what you're willing to call me and where, I am less than 5 miles from Highland Park you swolled up, red-faced lumpy chunk of shit. Anytime, motherfucker, just tell me where.
Actually, I really like Justice Clarence Thomas, he is a hero of mine. But arrogant fuckface faggoty pieces of shit like you feel free to hate those who disagree with you and you feel superior to them. It isn't about skin color, it is about special privileges and 50 years of whining about shit that happened before I was born and that I had nothing to do with. I don't mind a Marquis of Queensbury type fight, but trying to set up meet and greets with internet hotheads is too tedious to bother with. So, take this to heart: You can eat shit and die, with pig shit stuffed down your throat til the shit mixes with your own excrement, rips your asshole to a bigger size than your usual Friday night gaybang, and you bleed to death. Fuck you, faggot!
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women