Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 258
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70658
biomed162216
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453200
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48319
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41212
CryptKicker37167
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-15-2012, 10:15 PM   #16
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

I have had 3 friends die about the same age their fathers died
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #17
gnadfly
Account Disabled

What happened to Sisyphus?

Immortality isn't what its cracked up to be. 500 years from now few people will know who Peyton Manning was.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:57 AM   #18
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Terminlogy

If you want to quibble on the exact terminology to use, I could say it might be more correctly called "Survival of the Lucky" because it is pure luck that often determines who lives and who dies, but the larger point here is that there we are surrounded by hidden danger in this world and it takes skill (and luck!) to live a long and prosperous life.

To the individual who worries about Survival of the Fittest or most adaptive mechanism may be short-circuited because of social welfare, I would say that as a civilized society, we do well to provide a safety net.

You would do well to remember that we all have needed help at one time or another.

. . . It is already one hell of a jungle out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Darwin was always afraid that his theory would be used incorrectly. He was speaking of Darwinism as a microcasm of evolution and not this thing called "social darwinism". The term "survival of the fittest" is also inaccurate. It is more accurately survival of the most adaptive. An organism can be the strongest, largest, fastest thing out there but all of those functions can work against survival when being smaller is better, and freezing in place is preferrable to moving fast and giving away your position.
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:28 AM   #19
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
If you want to quibble on the exact terminology to use, I could say it might be more correctly called "Survival of the Lucky" because it is pure luck that often determines who lives and who dies, but the larger point here is that there we are surrounded by hidden danger in this world and it takes skill (and luck!) to live a long and prosperous life.
JD's point is, for example, "mammals" were "pre-adapted" to survive whatever event brought about the extinction of the dinosaur. During the time of dinosaurs, mammals were not "fit" enough to compete head-to-head with the dinosaurs, but mammals were pre-adapted to survive in an environment free of dinosaurs. Hence, it's survival of the pre-adapted and not survival of the fittest.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:03 AM   #20
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation Lucky

So mammals were quite lucky to be "per-adapted" and live in an environment free of dinosaurs!

. . . However, the Neanderthals were not quite so fortunate with the Cro-Magnons as their rowdy neighbors!

Old 04-16-2012, 06:28 AM   #21
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
So mammals were quite lucky to be "per-adapted" and live in an environment free of dinosaurs!

. . . However, the Neanderthals were not quite so fortunate with the Cro-Magnons as their rowdy neighbors!

You are lucky your mother was Neanderthal:

Any human whose ancestral group developed outside Africa has a little Neanderthal in them – between 1 and 4 per cent of their genome, Pääbo's team estimates. In other words, humans and Neanderthals had sex and had hybrid offspring.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn18869-neanderthal-genome-reveals-interbreeding-with-humans.html?full=true
Old 04-16-2012, 07:12 AM   #22
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Darwin was always afraid that his theory would be used incorrectly. He was speaking of Darwinism as a microcasm of evolution and not this thing called "social darwinism". The term "survival of the fittest" is also inaccurate. It is more accurately survival of the most adaptive. An organism can be the strongest, largest, fastest thing out there but all of those functions can work against survival when being smaller is better, and freezing in place is preferrable to moving fast and giving away your position.

Historically reality; George Bernard Shaw, the English writer, was a member of the Fabian Society. He went public in saying that every couple of years a person should be forced to justify their existence. If they fail then they will be painlessly put down like an animal. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBZsTf6oLfY He was also a supporter of the concept of the Holocaust if not the execution.
Now we have some ethicists proposing after birth abortions. They theorize that small babies (not sick babies) have no personality yet and are just a blob of flesh. http://www.slate.com/articles/health...anticide_.html

Be careful of the extreme left. They have a love affair with death.

Obama refused to support the so called born alive act when he was in the state legislature in Illinois. He believed that doctors should be allowed to kill newborn babies that survived late term abortions; that's murder.

I think atheism is what opens the door to infanticide and euthanasia. If we don't believe there is a god, then man is not made in his image; humans are just animals without a soul. Why not end life when it suits our purpose. Taking god out of the equation is similar to abandoning the Constitution, it takes away limits and boundaries which is what so called "progressives" want.

You made a reference to George Bernard Shaw; he called people that could not justify their life "useless eaters". I read recently that Orwell's book "1984" was named after the one hundredth aniversary of the Fabian Society.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:30 AM   #23
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation Immortality

I believe the subject was immortality.

So how did we wander into Obama bashing and degraded the conversation down to yo mama jokes?

. . . Some of you guys show faint signs of promise, but then your clutch starts to slip!

Old 04-17-2012, 04:46 AM   #24
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
I believe the subject was immortality.

So how did we wander into Obama bashing and degraded the conversation down to yo mama jokes?

. . . Some of you guys show faint signs of promise, but then your clutch starts to slip!

It wasn't a 'joke'. If you have European ancestry, your DNA includes Neanderthal genetic material.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #25
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

FastGoon finally posted a funny thread, and you guys take it all so seriously. Woody Allen also said, "I'm not sure if there is an afterlife, but I am bringing a change of underwear."
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:18 PM   #26
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation Fast Gunn

Well, maybe it's just your old eyes growing as dim as your 15 watt mind, you old coot, but, it's Fast Gunn!

. . . Fast fucking Gunn!

Old 04-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #27
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

That's what I said. FastGoon. What's the problem, sonny boy?
Old 04-17-2012, 10:20 PM   #28
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
You are lucky your mother was Neanderthal:

Any human whose ancestral group developed outside Africa has a little Neanderthal in them – between 1 and 4 per cent of their genome, Pääbo's team estimates. In other words, humans and Neanderthals had sex and had hybrid offspring.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...html?full=true
LOL. It ain't dieing we are talking about Fast Cumm, It's living....
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #29
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Actually, Zechariah Sitchin says that humans were a slave race genetically engineered as a hybrid between the Annunaki of Niburu, and the Neanderthal of Earth. Interesting concept. You should read his book, The Twelfth Planet. It's a fascinating read whether you agree with him or not.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:26 PM   #30
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Actually, Zechariah Sitchin says that humans were a slave race genetically engineered as a hybrid between the Annunaki of Niburu, and the Neanderthal of Earth. Interesting concept. You should read his book, The Twelfth Planet. It's a fascinating read whether you agree with him or not.
On the other hand, Douglas Adams has a different explanation. The teleporter has meanwhile sent Arthur and Ford to the Golgafrinchan Ark Fleet Ship B, a ship of fools who have careers in the service sector which is purposefully marooned on prehistoric Earth by the more intellectual Golgafrinchans seeking to rid themselves of those useless dregs.

Arthur and Ford realize that the bumbling travelers are the real ancestors of modern humans, not the Neanderthals originally inhabiting the planet. Arthur attempts to determine the “Question to the Ultimate Answer of Life, the Universe and Everything” by reaching into a Scrabble bag made from Ford's towel and pulling out letters randomly, hoping Deep Thought's computational matrix in Earth would have rubbed off on his subconscious. The letters spell "What do you get when you multiply six by nine" before running out, although the Neanderthals manage to spell "forty-two" with the tiles, implying that it is they, rather than the Golgafrinchans, who were intended to be part of Earth's computer matrix. After some brief contemplation, Ford and Arthur realize that this is, in fact, a detrimental "cock-up," and that the Earth will never produce the proper “Question”, thus destroying all hope of ever finding out what it is.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women