Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70787
biomed163165
Yssup Rider60808
gman4453287
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48626
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42484
CryptKicker37213
The_Waco_Kid36921
Mokoa36496
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 03-17-2020, 07:52 AM   #16
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1961 View Post
, 05:26 PM #1 WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

My Image Gallery

CaptainMidnight. Tiny....please explain the Public Sector Pension problem to the Trump Lovers
https://www.amgreatness.com/2020/03/...g-the-economy/

WHICH ONE'S YO DADDY??
Just because bambino is fucking your momma ....don't mean he is your Daddy
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 12:24 PM   #17
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

OK WTF, I'll come back from my sabbatical temporarily for a post. You and I agree on deficit spending and the national debt but are far apart on this issue, which boils down to whether something like a defined contribution pension plan or social security is superior.

I don't like the writer's solution at all, rolling public pensions into social security. That's just doubling down on a massive "Bernie Madoff" shell game. I do somewhat agree with his thoughts as to why we're in this mess though:

Public-sector pensions are yet another reason why the big corporate and financial sector political contributions in America overwhelmingly favor Democrats. These pension systems, and the benefits they provide, establish a common interest between government workers and big finance. Through the political agenda of their public-sector unions, which are overwhelmingly Democrat, the economic interests of public employees and America’s wealthiest elites are kept in perfect alignment.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe Trump has a lot to do with this. I believe the pensions were set up by state and local governments for the benefits of their employees, not the Feds.

The problem probably is that many of these pensions are defined benefit plans. They guarantee the worker defined payments after retirement, regardless of whether the plan has the assets required to make the payments. So, if as described in the article, the plan only has 80% of what it needs, then presumably the taxpayer may have to step in to make up the difference. If it's a private company or a municipality (but not a state), presumably bankruptcy would be an option.

The way the system is now there are huge risks. It's a huge problem in Brazil, which does this at the national level, and will be a huge problem in Illinois and other places.

My proposed solution, convert these defined benefit plans to defined contribution plans, so the pensions don't have to make payments to pensioners that would exceed available assets. I'd even do that with social security, that is convert it to a system like what Singapore or Australia has, which I've gone on about here so many times you're probably rightfully sick of hearing about it.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 12:29 PM   #18
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

I think we should convert the public sector pensions to Social Security rather than let the well connected rich Democrats profit from the system.

Bernie calls them thieves anyway!
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 09:09 PM   #19
dilbert firestorm
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

tiny showed up
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 10:44 PM   #20
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Just because bambino is fucking your momma ....don't mean he is your Daddy
You ain't got SHIT but insults...and those are FUCKING lame!!
You're ALWAYS crying for TINY like a little BOY crying for his DADDY.
Grow up BOY...and grow a pair of ball like your chimp buddy, you chump.
bb1961 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women