Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-30-2012, 03:58 AM   #16
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
my ex hired a tort lawyer for my divorce, mean while I was seeing the 42yo in another thread and it never can out in court
You were seeing someone in a "thread"? Or were you "seeing" your ex's "42yo" tort lawyer.

Did you have a lawyer?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:00 AM   #17
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
We should arm the State against frivolous lawsuits!

We should arm everyone against stupid lawsuits. It is called loser pays. If you have a good case it is still easy to go to court since you can buy an insurance policy to cover you in case you loose. The insurance policy is cheap if you have a good case.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #18
AdventureAdams
Account Disabled

User ID: 35460
My ECCIE Reviews

First of I am disgusted by the parents of this child who sought out the lawyer for this lawsuit. While normal parents are happy and feel blessed their children escaped this horrific accident, apparently having a child who is alive is not good enough for them so they want to get some money out of it too. Do they think their child is the only student at the school who will be suffering from extreme PTSD, horrible night terrors, or the loss of friends?

I must say I am not surprised but I thought that the people in this community would be above something like frivolous lawsuits. Unless the school was designed like a prison, there is no way that this horrible situation could have been avoided.
AdventureAdams is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #19
bojulay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarCruzWantsYou View Post
First of I am disgusted by the parents of this child who sought out the lawyer for this lawsuit. While normal parents are happy and feel blessed their children escaped this horrific accident, apparently having a child who is alive is not good enough for them so they want to get some money out of it too. Do they think their child is the only student at the school who will be suffering from extreme PTSD, horrible night terrors, or the loss of friends?

I must say I am not surprised but I thought that the people in this community would be above something like frivolous lawsuits. Unless the school was designed like a prison, there is no way that this horrible situation could have been avoided.

Skylar is a smart chick besides also being hotter than a tin grill at an
all day cookout.
bojulay is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #20
AdventureAdams
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojulay View Post
Skylar is a smart chick besides also being hotter than a tin grill at an
all day cookout.
Aww shucks thanks Bojulay
Old 12-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #21
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Do they think their child is the only student at the school who will be suffering from extreme PTSD, horrible night terrors, or the loss of friends?

#1: Other families can join in the lawsuit if they wish, if they believe that something could have been done, but was not done. #2: Do you remember the "Pinto"? Unfortunately, it takes a number of deaths before government and/or businesses in the community take action to do what is necessary to make adjustments to minimize the risks.

#2: Failing to do that which one can do to prevent injury and/or death is actionable and when government takes on the responsibility of taking care of people government is responsible for their safety and welbeing. Unfortunately, the actual burden falls on the taxpayers who were "unwilling" to expend the additional funds to improve security in their schools to at least frustrate such an attempt, if not actually prevent, in time for LE to arrive to stop the person or prevent further violence from causing death and injuries.

It is a lot less expensive to prevent something from happening than it is to clean it up. That was a policy decision by the school system, apparently, to NOT place officers and/or security systems in the schools. They are available and affordable. We are not going to get rid of the guns and we are not going to get rid of the crazies. We can protect ourselves from both of them with effective methods. We live in an imperfect world that does not lend itself to dreamy solutions of "what ought to be" rather than solutions to what IS.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #22
AdventureAdams
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Only way to prevent this kind of thing happening is if the school was designed like a prison:

All doors and windows locked and armed.

Multiple Levels of Security at each entrance (like the intro to "Get Smart")

Multiple armed personnel ( with extremely high security clearance- this not a job for a "rent-a-cop") patrolling each entrance

Metal detectors at each entrance.

Mental evaluation for the staff and students and parents to determine if they could possible be at risk of launching an attack on the school

And then if you have to protect the schools, then you will have to protect the school buses with armed personnel as well and while we are at it we might as well get armed personnel to patrol bus stops as well and build a bulletproof structure for the students to occupy while waiting for their transportation.
Also most schools engage in a strict security policy and regularly do lockdown drills to prepare for security breaches, so it's not like these schools are have not been proactive when it comes to protecting students.
And let us remember that Columbine High School had two armed personnel whose duty it was to patrol and protect the school but that never deterred the two shooters who actually engaged in shooting with the armed personnel, as well. If a person wants to be destructive they will find a way no matter how many obstacles they may come across. This isn't to say that schools shouldn't do anything because bad things will always happen - but I find it despicable to try and wring money out of the State as if these schools have never taken any action or made any protocols to protect children.

If these "concerned" parents really want to help they can start by forming a coalition or joining a PTA to make their opinions heard and start revising the protocols for school security instead of trying to pocket money which the state could use to implement new security protocols.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #23
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
...but I find it despicable to try and wring money out of the State as if these schools have never taken any action or made any protocols to protect children.
What action did the school district take to prevent what happend at the Connecticut school, now that you have acknowledged that systems do exist and are in place in other schools to protect the STAFF and children?

It's the general rule around in Texas, as opposed to the exception. So, I am familiar with what minimal efforts can be taken and implemented ... and it doesn't have to be to the other end of the spectrum as you painted.

That's what is useless in these conversations ..

.... the extremes used as examples.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:31 PM   #24
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post

It is a lot less expensive to prevent something from happening than it is to clean it up. .
Sounds like you should have been the admin's front man for Obamacare!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #25
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

If the Gad Damn parent thought the school was dangerous , then they should not have sent their kid to school. It is the parents responsibility (as much as the schools) to make sure their kid is safe.Be active in your school and school board. Then you have no one to blame but yourself. By dropping them off, they should have to give up the right to sue IMHO.

Plus the fucking parents suing, didn't even have a kid get killed.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:44 PM   #26
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Sounds like you should have been the admin's front man for Obamacare!
Not really, I'm in favor of "cleaning it up" if nothing is done to prevent it!

But since you don't want to talk about school violence ...

.. do you want to talk about Obmacare?

Here's what I mean:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0109/11/lkl.00.html

KING: Senator Kerry did your -- did you committee on international operations and terrorism ever actually fear something like this?

SEN. JOHN KERRY (R), MASSACHUSETTS: "Absolutely. Absolutely."

We have always known this could happen. We've warned about it. We've talked about it. I regret to say, as -- I served on the Intelligence Committee up until last year. I can remember after the bombings of the embassies, after TWA 800, we went through this flurry of activity, talking about it, but not really doing hard work of responding.

"We need to do that now and I'm confident that the size of this, the nature of this loss and the nature of this attack are going to motivate everybody to come together to do that. And I think that's imperative. And we also, I think, Larry -- I was heartened by the president's comments tonight. ...... And we need to make certain as a country we respond to that. Boldly and bravely -- not recklessly -- but boldly."

The Cliff Dwellers.

It would have been less expenseive to "harden" the airliner cabins.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #27
AdventureAdams
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Well if you want all your bases covered then going to the end of the spectrum is necessary if you want schools to be protected from any form of attack.

And yes, they did take measures to protect the students and staff:

Exterior doors locked during the school day.

Visitors having to a doorbell outside the main entrance to gain access and being visually monitored.

Visitors required to sign up at the front desk and show ID to identify themselves.

They have an SHS Incident Management team.

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/fairfie...y#.UODCynfRh8E

But it is very easy to bypass that system if you are a crazy motherfucker that has a gun that can shoot through windows and shoot off door locks.

But as I said, unless all the suggestions I mentioned in my previous post where implemented - that would be the only way to guarantee full security - but even that may not be fool proof.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #28
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

The Cliff Dwellers.

It would have been less expenseive to "harden" the airliner cabins.
And it would be less expensive to get people preventive care before they hit the ER. Thus Obamacare.

My problem with it all is how some many fail to see the hypocrisy in their arguments when compared to their exact same argument of other issues.

Just like the Tea Snots, they want the government tp protect them and then bitch about the costs of that protection...the freedom lost during the course of that protection and how the protectors go about protecting them. .

I feel like Jack in, "A Few Good Men"!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #29
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
And yes, they did take measures to protect the students and staff:
Those worked out well for them, didn't it.

On paper, may be; or wishful after thoughts to avoid looking really incompetent. We've seen that lately in Lybia.

Like I quoted:

Quote:
KING: Senator Kerry did your -- did you committee on international operations and terrorism ever actually fear something like this?

SEN. JOHN KERRY (R), MASSACHUSETTS: "Absolutely. Absolutely."

Welcome to reality.

They "knew" it could happen, because they "prepared" for it! Right?

With all due respect have you ever actually worked inside a public school system .. in the schools? Columbine was almost 14 years ago and how many terrorist type disasters have we had .... educators have their heads up their asses and are living in dream worlds..... and we trust them with our children. And we actually have people on here who want to "ARM" them or allow them to bring pistols to school ...

... geez.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #30
AdventureAdams
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Those worked out well for them, didn't it.

On paper, may be; or wishful after thoughts to avoid looking really incompetent. We've seen that lately in Lybia.

Like I said, unless you lock these kids up in a metal box there will always be vulnerabilities that someone will exploit. I've made my point in this thread.

The parents and the lawyer are money grubbing opportunists, and I hope they aren't granted a court case.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women