Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70699
biomed162449
Yssup Rider60305
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48415
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41381
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35780
Mojojo33117

Old 02-17-2014, 11:53 AM   #16
ramblinman69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

If the gas company can come out and locate the line for you, they'll know where the gas leak is. Usually the grass will be deader than most around it, and yellow/dead in spring and summer
ramblinman69 is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:23 PM   #17
Guest010619
Account Disabled

Encounters: 54
Default Gas leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre View Post
Some houses have sections of gas line downstream from the meter buried in the ground running close to the slab to the point where the line enters the house. It's usually only a few inches deep. This can corrode (especially if black pipe was used), and is pretty simple to spot and fix. The threaded connections shouldn't be sealed with teflon tape but with a product called Rectorseal, or an equivalent.

Good luck.
Natural gas is actually odorless and colorless. 'Rotten egg' is added to help indicate a leak. Home Depot should have a kit to find where gas leak is. Water is totally separate from gas. But containments can add odors. Either buy a faucet water filter or a whole house water filter system. Good luck. To lower your bill, see if your electric company offers averaging which basically 'averages' your bill throughout the year to a more manageable payment.
Guest010619 is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:29 PM   #18
Guest021217
Account Disabled

User ID: 188894
My ECCIE Reviews

I don't pay my electric bill like said before my parents do n that is not going to help my problem... I thank everyone for there help I'm just going to do what I planned... You must not have read what I asked fucktards there everywhere...Grrr that's what I get for asking in a thread
Guest021217 is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:04 PM   #19
bgood
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Changing to all electric will involve a new 240 volt breaker and new wires for each appliance you change to electric. Depending on how large your existing electric service is (max amps you can use) you may need a new meter, breaker panel, and lines from the transformer. I would keep looking for a cheaper gas line replacement option. Maybe just repair the spot(s) with a leak instead of replacing the whole line(s) as a short term fix?
bgood is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:24 PM   #20
Guest021217
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

My brother said he can do the wires n its cheaper for now
Old 02-19-2014, 04:00 PM   #21
DMike
Valued Poster

what kinda of gas are we talking about ?
DMike is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:19 PM   #22
LNK
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMike View Post
what kinda of gas are we talking about ?
Since she said something about them taking the meter out, I would suspect natural gas.
LNK is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:54 PM   #23
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy_Monroe View Post
I just had a gas test on my house and I have been advised I have a gas leak.
So now I can't get my gas meter back till I get it fixed but I am a cheap ass and really not trying to go that route because its very expensive the price quotes have been anywhere from $3,000 - $7,000 and I don't have that kind of money.
So I have a question if I were to switch everything in my house to electric and get a electric water heater and electric stove do I have to add any additional wires to the breaker box or add more breaker's?
Also my water has a foul smell to It like rotten eggs will this clear up when I get the electric water heater? Is this leak something I should be concerned with?
I would ask my father but he warned me never get my gas meter taken and I didn't listen and its my responsibility to fix this so I am asking you to help me please thanks..
Muah Dorthy
Do you have house insurance, in case it blows up? If not, don't use matches.

JR
JRLawrence is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:41 PM   #24
DMike
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtwo View Post
After hurricane Ike uprooted most of my trees it also included my gas line. I was quoted 3-10 grand to fix it. Ended up doing it myself for around $5oo.
How old of a house do you live in? Is it pier and beam?
yup i repiped my aunt's house and it cost her around $700 ...they quoted her close to $6000 wtf !..her crib is a old medium sized house which the pipes are under the house ...i did it for free since my good ole mexican friend has alot of tools pipe threader , pipe bender , pipe cutter and trencher. All i did was dig a trench around close to the edge of her house and ran pipe up the sides of her house where she wanted butane for heaters inside her rooms and the laundry room for her water heater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNK View Post
Since she said something about them taking the meter out, I would suspect natural gas.
ok ..have messed with butane but never with natural gas don't think there's much of a diffrence is there ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy_Monroe View Post
I just had a gas test on my house and I have been advised I have a gas leak.
So now I can't get my gas meter back till I get it fixed but I am a cheap ass and really not trying to go that route because its very expensive the price quotes have been anywhere from $3,000 - $7,000 and I don't have that kind of money.
So I have a question if I were to switch everything in my house to electric and get a electric water heater and electric stove do I have to add any additional wires to the breaker box or add more breaker's?
Also my water has a foul smell to It like rotten eggs will this clear up when I get the electric water heater? Is this leak something I should be concerned with?
I would ask my father but he warned me never get my gas meter taken and I didn't listen and its my responsibility to fix this so I am asking you to help me please thanks..
Muah Dorthy
which water has a rotten egg smell ? the cold or hot ? if it's just the hot water ..the water heater needs flushing or u need a new one. If i was you i would buy a 40 gallon 120v water heater and a 120v double burner and like that you wouldn't have to mess with the breaker box and wiring for now..around for $500 ..just a thought
DMike is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:50 AM   #25
Sonya
BANNED

User ID: 200156

Its not that you cant afford it. Its just expensive. On the upside you own a house. Welcome to the club. But with ownership you invest in what you own. If you cant make that in a month at least youre doing something wrong. I feel you. Start saving 1/2 of what you make. Might need a new water heater, roof, ect, someday. Do it now why you have your parents help. Run an add asking for handyman especiales. Throw a few free sessions for the work. Make sure they really have experience first.
Sonya is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:40 AM   #26
Eccie Addict
Former Post Ho

Encounters: 25

The leak can be fixed for much less than what you were quoted. Unless you need a significant repipe then it can get expensive.

I'm interested in how they can quote you a price and not tell you exactly what the problem is. Typical..... It is best that you use a contractor licensed in this field as well as insured just in case something does go wrong. If you use joe blow off the street and something goes really wrong then you likely won't have much recourse.
Eccie Addict is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:53 PM   #27
Guest021217
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonya View Post
Its not that you cant afford it. Its just expensive. On the upside you own a house. Welcome to the club. But with ownership you invest in what you own. If you cant make that in a month at least youre doing something wrong. I feel you. Start saving 1/2 of what you make. Might need a new water heater, roof, ect, someday. Do it now why you have your parents help. Run an add asking for handyman especiales. Throw a few free sessions for the work. Make sure they really have experience first.
Bitch don't tell me about how to make money n save money you don't know me and you sure as Hell don't know my life... So get off this thread I can't fucking afford 10,000 to fix something I don't need you or your ignorance I'm done with this.. I make money its called college its called I have A farm horses cows etc I wouldn't be in.this damn situation if I would have listened to my father... I don't pay for anything my parents have money lots of it I just choose to be a provider because I love what I do I don't have to do this I don't like feeling I Cnt do shit n my parents give me everything. I'm spoiled I could tell my dad to fix it but I didn't listen so I feel its my duty to fix it at least show my father I am responsible...
Old 02-20-2014, 05:08 PM   #28
Guest021217
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Oh and another thing a few free sessions aren't needed because I am not asking for anyone to pay or anything I was just looking for advice I am not stupid sweety trust me

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women