Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70707
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60356
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48435
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41499
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35872
Mojojo33117

Old 12-28-2021, 12:51 PM   #16
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post
... Hey Mates, let's stay on-topic with the team problems,
as Charley3 mentioned.

... I agree that they need a complete coaching overhaul.
It's just time.

#### Salty
And the problems keep repeating themselves. Tomlin just said in his presser that he is looking to hire the new offensive line coach from within. Just like he did with the last two failures.
Charley3 is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 12:56 PM   #17
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Something that doesn't get enough press. When Tomlin took over, he was handed Bruce Arians and Dick LeBeau as his coordinators. Now who do we have???? That falls completely on Tomlin.
Old 12-28-2021, 05:51 PM   #18
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Rooney can fix things. He doesn’t. He defers to Tomlin. Tomlin was Art’s hire, not Dans. His dad fired his own brother and told Noll to fire his coaches. Noll resigned instead. Artie doesn’t have the chops to make the tough decisions. The Steelers will continue their downward spiral as long as Art is owner. Same thing happened to the Giants. The young Mara is clueless.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 06:26 PM   #19
Iceman
Valued Poster

They need to change their whole staff, too much hiring from within, no fresh ideas or eyes. In drafting I would value intelligence and leadership as much as performance.

One other thing, stop this hostages/volunteer bullshit. If your under contract you aren't going to cry your way out. If they're a problem suspend them, don't cut or trade them unless you're getting the better of the deal.
Iceman is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 08:58 PM   #20
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... Agreed there, Iceman.

... Good comments for all in this thread here, fellows.

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 05:50 PM   #21
Devo
Valued Poster

You are all missing the point, the next coach will be another Tomlin, don't you get it, by being woke, the owners are going to continue to do what they can to placate one certain group of people, and those people aren't going to be the Steeler fans.

Remember, the Roonies were historically of the other party, until very recently, when being of another party benefitted them financially, in fact I had a friend high up in local government, and when one of the Roonies ran for office, he started getting invitations to their game box, as, he was in a position to help benefit him.

Of course, once he left office, he had no more invites.

The Roonies need to step back and find someone with an actual working knowledge of how to play and win football, because sure as hell its clear that what they are doing is not working.

Also, part of the problem is, Art was a gambler, and, smart enough to take a small town team, and build into a franchise because, he was "Of the people", he grew up wanting to be a millionaire, he wasn't born a millionaire, these new owners, all they have ever known is money, they can put shit on the field, and morons will wave their bought yellow flags, and cheer for more, and, they will still make money.

You cannot separate politics from what this team has become.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 05:51 PM   #22
Devo
Valued Poster

As for the Maras, they bought their daughter into a hollywood actresses life, that again, should tell you all you need to know about any input they would have.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 06:03 PM   #23
Devo
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
They need to change their whole staff, too much hiring from within, no fresh ideas or eyes. In drafting I would value intelligence and leadership as much as performance.

One other thing, stop this hostages/volunteer bullshit. If your under contract you aren't going to cry your way out. If they're a problem suspend them, don't cut or trade them unless you're getting the better of the deal.
If you haven't noticed, the whiny ass player who isn't happy is apparent in most major sports, probably with the exception of the NHL.

Their contracts mean nothing, they don't have a work ethic, unless they are getting things one hundred percent their way, they are overgrown spoiled children, and they act that way until they get what the want, or the don't participate at there best until they get traded, just look at the recent players the Steeler had, instead of coddling them, they need to dump their asses to another team, and take the loss in money.

Of course, players like that should NEVER have been drafted in the first place.

In high school, we watched the same NFL film reel on the 1960ish Packers, before every game, it prior to the first Superbowl, and remembering that team, it still gives me chills, just how dominant they were, and in the interviews all the players were wearing matching team blazers, there was a respect for the organization, and respect for the team.

When I watched Plaxico "Shot myself in the nuts" Burris, come out after a playoff win for an interview with with not one, not two, but THREE HATS on his head, dressed like a bum, my first thought was, if I were the owner, he would be gone, NOW, I don't care if it was good for the team, or not.

Hines Ward had just been interviewed in a three piece suit, looking quite dapper, and next comes Hood boy, it was embarrassing, and showed a complete lack of disrespect for the team, and for someone being paid that much money.

When your players have no self respect, what do you expect them to feel about the team?
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 03:26 PM   #24
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
If you haven't noticed, the whiny ass player who isn't happy is apparent in most major sports, probably with the exception of the NHL.

Their contracts mean nothing, they don't have a work ethic, unless they are getting things one hundred percent their way, they are overgrown spoiled children, and they act that way until they get what the want, or the don't participate at there best until they get traded, just look at the recent players the Steeler had, instead of coddling them, they need to dump their asses to another team, and take the loss in money.

Of course, players like that should NEVER have been drafted in the first place.

In high school, we watched the same NFL film reel on the 1960ish Packers, before every game, it prior to the first Superbowl, and remembering that team, it still gives me chills, just how dominant they were, and in the interviews all the players were wearing matching team blazers, there was a respect for the organization, and respect for the team.

When I watched Plaxico "Shot myself in the nuts" Burris, come out after a playoff win for an interview with with not one, not two, but THREE HATS on his head, dressed like a bum, my first thought was, if I were the owner, he would be gone, NOW, I don't care if it was good for the team, or not.

Hines Ward had just been interviewed in a three piece suit, looking quite dapper, and next comes Hood boy, it was embarrassing, and showed a complete lack of disrespect for the team, and for someone being paid that much money.

When your players have no self respect, what do you expect them to feel about the team?
Your optimism bleeds through every sentence. Gotta be fun being you.
Old 12-31-2021, 12:55 PM   #25
Devo
Valued Poster

There are far more things to be optimistic about, than a shitty football team.

One of the good things of the politicization of the league, is, that it drove me off the couch from 1 to 4 on Sundays, and freed me from watching something that has become less entertaining and more bullshit woke drama.

The days of players like this are long gone, instead, they are replaced with Tom Brady pretty boys married to super models, and hood rats one party away from a career ending felony.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Nitschke

For anyone whose concerns in life are focused on the Shittsburgh Kneelers, I have some advice.

Get a real fucking life, and participate in that, you may find you actually like it better.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 10:51 PM   #26
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... NO. ... WE can surely continue to watch the lads
and hope and pray that they get better.

And once again RETURN to GLORY!

(But it dont look-like it'll be any time soon. )

### Salty
Old 01-01-2022, 06:11 AM   #27
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Well, they can turn it around. Ben will be gone and so will his cap hit. The cap is going up next year. So they won’t be handcuffed like they have been by the cap. I believe Colbert is a good GM. I have more confidence in him than anyone else in their organization. He’s built Super Bowl caliber rosters. Tomlin has too much say in personal decisions. Rooney has to have a sit down with Tomlin. He has to strip Tomlin of his DC duties and hire a guy who will run the defense. And reduce Tomlins role in personal decisions. We’ll see.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 09:36 AM   #28
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... Most of that would surely be a step in the proper direction.

### Salty
Old 01-01-2022, 01:48 PM   #29
Devo
Valued Poster

https://sportsnaut.com/pittsburgh-st...ng-candidates/
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 07:12 PM   #30
Iceman
Valued Poster

Look to improve the o-line and d-line this offseason and draft a QB the following year.
Iceman is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women