Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70674
biomed162331
Yssup Rider60196
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48379
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41227
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-10-2022, 04:22 AM   #16
Johnnyshakes
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap Charlie View Post
I read Gateway Pundit, Citizen Free Press, and Revolver News.

I listen to Alex Jones, War Room with Steve Bannon, Mike Adams the Health Ranger Podcast, Peter Schiff for finance, Wayne Allen Root, and Stew Peters.

I Watch Real Americas Voice T.V. and Tucker Carlson.

I’m interested to know other peoples news sources.
lol
Johnnyshakes is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 04:57 AM   #17
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap Charlie View Post
CNN? New York Times? Are you sure you're a conservative?
No wonder you GMO'd yourself with the deadly clot shot!
The New York Times will go by the wayside when my first year teaser rate of $50 expires. I think it's the best source for news around the world, but I can't bear supporting their editorial positions by paying them real money.

I'm as big a fan of GMO as I am of the COVID vaccine. Hundreds of millions no longer go to bed hungry and American agri business makes billions more in profits because of GMO!

You don't strike me as a hippie type who eats organic food, but maybe that's just your haircut in the avatar. The fear of GMO doesn't fit your persona. You need to up your intake of pesticides and genetically modified food.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 05:08 AM   #18
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

I get news from a variety of sources, both notoriously left and right winged.

What I DON'T get my news from... are the talking head pundits. Tucker, Rush, Rachel, Alex--- they can all jump in a lake as far as I am concerned. Just give me the facts and let me form my own opinions.
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 07:19 AM   #19
Why_Yes_I_Do
BANNED

Encounters: 14
Default Sargent Friday wants to know...

Where do you get Just the Facts, Mam? That was the OP topic. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Preston View Post

What I DON'T get my news from... are the talking head pundits. Tucker, Rush, Rachel, Alex--- they can all jump in a lake as far as I am concerned. Just give me the facts and let me form my own opinions.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 07:45 AM   #20
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

i watch and or listen to cnn, msnbc, fox, etc...all the different cable sources

i dont do podcasts, too busy but i do like to watch clips of some, especially the funny ones

i like to watch c span especially the call in show with the dimocrat line, the republican line and the independent line, makes me understand how we got in the fix we are in

i am often struck by the disparity in coverage or what these channels highlight to the exclusion of what another might

it tells me that that to hear it all, you need to watch a wide range of stuff
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 08:11 AM   #21
winn dixie
BANNED

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
i watch and or listen to cnn, msnbc, fox, etc...all the different cable sources

i dont do podcasts, too busy but i do like to watch clips of some, especially the funny ones

i like to watch c span especially the call in show with the dimocrat line, the republican line and the independent line, makes me understand how we got in the fix we are in

i am often struck by the disparity in coverage or what these channels highlight to the exclusion of what another might

it tells me that that to hear it all, you need to watch a wide range of stuff
I agree! Thats what it takes is to listen to all sides to form your own opinion.
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 08:28 AM   #22
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

I scan the major news outlets - left and right first thing in the morning. I also check THE BBC and occasionally Al Jazeera for their international coverage.

I used to scan a lot of opinion shows, but not so much any more. They’re all so fucking tedious. And don’t get me started on the YouTube nuts, Twittheads and the other social media so favored by some of our currently incarcerated colleagues.

The radical blogs, like all of them mentioned in the OP, I will only read when one of my fellow forum members quotes (or doesn’t quote but cuts and pastes) a story to verify a) who TF is writing that kind of stuff and b) is there a point to it.

When breaking news comes in I will cross reference the news outlets for spin before I form my opinion. I will quote one of them here if nobody else has…even if it’s from Fox.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 04:18 PM   #23
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

I don't have much of a post count here but I've popped off enough to put one of my regular sources out there for comment. How about Mediaite.com? It's a Dan Abrams thing. They seem to have some variety in perspective of writing there though, overall I think they tilt left. Not my primary but curious if others view and your takes.
Ducbutter is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 02:50 AM   #24
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
well.. what do I follow. hmm.... there were stuff i followed or used to follow...

websites: (this is in the exact order I read in)
Drudge Report
Real Clear Politics
Townhall
---------
Politico (It use to be part of my daily reading, now its once in a blue moon)
Michelle Malkin under different websites (It use to be part of my daily reading, now its once in a blue moon)
Revolver (read it once in awhile)

Radio: (I was listening to them on the radio 6 years ago, until my radio or headset broke, don't know which. haven't listened to them since)
Neal Boortz (retired)
Glenn Beck (took over Boortz time slot after he retired)
Rush Limbaugh (RIP)
Sean Hannity
Michael Savage (semi-retired, runs youtube video podcast)

TV:
Fox News (once in awhile)
Sean Hannity
Tucker Carlson
OAN (once in awhile)

OPEDs
Walter Williams (RIP)
Larry Elder
Pat Buchanan
Byron York
Cal Thomas
I forgot one more news jockey... Glenn Beck.

just recently got a new phone as many of the cell providers are phasing out 3G service. after playing with it, I noticed it had support for FM radio; no AM radio unfortunately. I guess I can test that headset to see if it works.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 01:52 PM   #25
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Just an Abbreviated List (And can anyone spot a message inherent in this post?)

Primarily:

AP for Sergeant Joe Friday's "Just the facts, ma'am!"

WSJ -- Of course. Probably almost everyone here (most liberals and all conservatives) read the WSJ's news and editorial pages.

NYT -- News, editorials, and op-eds. (Especially Paul Krugman)

WaPo -- News and editorial pages.

The Atlantic -- (A couple of their contributors, anyway)

The New Republic

The Nation -- (Of course! How else are we supposed to keep up with what our Cloward-Piven-simpatico friends are thinking?)
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 02:23 PM   #26
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Contrarian View Post
Primarily:

AP for Sergeant Joe Friday's "Just the facts, ma'am!"

WSJ -- Of course. Probably almost everyone here (most liberals and all conservatives) read the WSJ's news and editorial pages.

NYT -- News, editorials, and op-eds. (Especially Paul Krugman)

WaPo -- News and editorial pages.

The Atlantic -- (A couple of their contributors, anyway)

The New Republic

The Nation -- (Of course! How else are we supposed to keep up with what our Cloward-Piven-simpatico friends are thinking?)

Ditto for me on all of the above, except the Nation.

I also subscribe to the (London) Economist and Foreign Affairs magazine.

My fave cable shows are anything on CNBC and (on FOX) Kudlow @ 4pm and Gutfeld @ 11pm. I also check out CNN and MSNBC.

What nevergaveitathought just said is very very very true:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post

it tells me that to hear it all, you need to watch a wide range of stuff
There are sins of commission and sins of OMISSION. I learned that as a child in parochial grade school.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 02:38 PM   #27
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Fox Business has a chick on between 2-3 that is pretty good.
Liz Claman? I think Susan Li is hotter, except she doesn't have her own show.

On CNBC they have Kelly Evans and Seema Mody.

They're all smart... and easy on the eyes!
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 05:08 PM   #28
VerySkeptical
BANNED

I agree with you but a big reason for not watching the "talking heads" is time.
After you take out the commercials, there is about 1-1 1/2 news paper sized pages of information in the 40-45 minutes of the show. Something I can read in less than 10 minutes.

I have a question for our posters who claim to read such a wide and varied collection of news sources.

We know how tiny gets to read the NYT. How do the people who claim to read the NYT and the WaPo get around that pesky pay site deal? I don't read the WSJ because it's not free (3-4 articles are per month I think).
When you add in the complete distain for them (WaPo, NYT) as a source and total disregard for the information they contain (as shown by multiple posters on the site) leads me to believe y'all aren't being truthful about your sources.

To me, verification is everything. I look at NPR, AP, USA Today, Time, and various other sources that are center or slightly left of center. You know, what y'all call the LSM.
Stories that are scoops made by one source have information that can be verified in one day, 2 days, maybe a week by other news organizations
Again, I look for verification of stories. Let's say I read a story. It is only carried in one publication. And let's say that other publications, even some in the media group that publishes the story, won't publish the story because the story can't be verified. An example might be, oh, let's say the NYP goes with a story that the WSJ or Fox news won't publish because of a lack of verification. Any reasonable person could understand why someone would hesitate to buy in to such a story.

I don't have a problem with right of center sources and will use them for verification but I don't have time to read everything. If I see something that looks strange or a story is challenged, I look for more verification.
Something else to consider. Catching another news service misreporting or being factually incorrect is one of the things an editor lives for. It doesn't bother the little players but it bothers NYT, CNN, WSJ, WaPo, or even Fox news. A reputable organization would make a correction ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Preston View Post

VerySkeptical is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 05:17 PM   #29
VerySkeptical
BANNED

I have that $4 a month deal. I'm not going to pay the $16 or $17 a month for it after the "teaser" rate expires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
The New York Times will go by the wayside when my first year teaser rate of $50 expires. I think it's the best source for news around the world, but I can't bear supporting their editorial positions by paying them real money.

I'm as big a fan of GMO as I am of the COVID vaccine. Hundreds of millions no longer go to bed hungry and American agri business makes billions more in profits because of GMO!

You don't strike me as a hippie type who eats organic food, but maybe that's just your haircut in the avatar. The fear of GMO doesn't fit your persona. You need to up your intake of pesticides and genetically modified food.
VerySkeptical is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 06:32 PM   #30
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerySkeptical View Post
We know how tiny gets to read the NYT. How do the people who claim to read the NYT and the WaPo get around that pesky pay site deal? I don't read the WSJ because it's not free (3-4 articles are per month I think).
When you add in the complete distain for them (WaPo, NYT) as a source and total disregard for the information they contain (as shown by multiple posters on the site) leads me to believe y'all aren't being truthful about your sources.
You used to be able to clear your browser history and get back on, but not any more. I can still read an article from time to time on the WAPO. I'm wondering if I could read more by using a VPN and changing locations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerySkeptical View Post
I have that $4 a month deal. I'm not going to pay the $16 or $17 a month for it after the "teaser" rate expires.
I abandoned the WAPO after the teaser rate expired. I kind of liked it because of the discussions after the articles. Nobody on here is going to kick my ass in a discussion about taxes, the economy or energy. Well, LustyLad and TexasContrarian could, on economics anyway, but we usually believe the same thing so it doesn't happen. I would get my ass kicked on the WAPO from time to time.

I got censored a lot on the WAPO. This site truly is a breath of fresh air in comparison. Freedom of Speech is alive and thriving on eccie.

Anyway, I'm kind of inclined to sign up again using a different Email address and credit card and try to get the cheap rate. I won't do it now because I waste enough time here already.

I could be tempted to pay the full rate for the NYT. Not for their coverage of politics or their editorials, that's for sure. But when something's going on somewhere else in the world, their coverage is second to none, better than the WSJ. You could say the same about CNN, but these days it's so fixated on U.S. politics it has time for little else.
Tiny is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women