Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70512
biomed161258
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453071
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47898
pyramider46370
bambino40525
CryptKicker37113
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 06-03-2023, 03:50 PM   #16
arañanegra
Account Disabled

Encounters: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyKatie View Post
Should I call another company and get a second opinion on the evaporator coil and if they can repair it?
Up to you. Call several and discuss repair before deciding. It costs more over the weekend too, can be considered emergency repair, just saying.
Old 06-03-2023, 04:06 PM   #17
arañanegra
Account Disabled

Encounters: 66

If your ac is cooling okay, it might not be the evaporator coil, it could be overflow of water built up due to a clogged drain line.
Old 06-03-2023, 05:12 PM   #18
BLM69
BANNED

Encounters: 59

Clogged drain line you'll see the back up/leaking , repairs on a old rusted dirty unit isn't recommended, I had to refill my old unit every other summer, I finally bought the equipment and tank and started doing my own refills,

These guys are not cheap, specially at peak season. Hookers still charge more for labor and don't have work out in the attic or outside in the heat. Stop being cheap and get your AC working again or sweat it out.....
Old 06-03-2023, 06:23 PM   #19
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Do not, repeat do not use John Moore. They will lie to you and try to get you to buy a whole new system. They tried this shit with me and I thanked the man as I was getting him out of my house. My freon was leaking and the second company fixed it and got the AC pumping cold again after putting in around 4 pounds of freon. Cost for new system around $16,000, cost for reloading freon around $600.

Get a second opinion.
Old 06-03-2023, 09:28 PM   #20
CurvyKatie
Thanks for the memories!

User ID: 398083
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN View Post
Do not, repeat do not use John Moore. They will lie to you and try to get you to buy a whole new system. They tried this shit with me and I thanked the man as I was getting him out of my house. My freon was leaking and the second company fixed it and got the AC pumping cold again after putting in around 4 pounds of freon. Cost for new system around $16,000, cost for reloading freon around $600.

Get a second opinion.
This is basically the same boat they put me in. Who was the second company?
Old 06-03-2023, 10:34 PM   #21
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Quote:
This is basically the same boat they put me in. Who was the second company?

https://www.bizapedia.com/tx/cheroke...nical-llc.html
Old 06-03-2023, 11:32 PM   #22
pxmcc
BANNED

Encounters: 55

for shit like that, i play it safe and use companies on the houston bbb site. it helps to know that they have a 2 tiered system, one for companies who pay them and ones who dont. when you search, search all companies, not just the ones they're pimping. an unpimped a/c co. with 20 years in business and zero complaints is a safe bet for little or no fuckery.

bbb "accredited" means they pay the bbb. the same rules apply for both, but i suspect some grade inflation for the "accredited" businesses.
Old 06-04-2023, 08:40 AM   #23
dat198
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

I actually just encountered the same scenario last week. 1st Dorian is correct freon dose not go anywhere unless you have a leak. ( needs to get repair or face the fact that you have to keep charging at $$$ of dollars until the leak is too big and then you will have to replace.) 2nd the water that you state is from your evaporations. coil inside,Like you stated it was frozen so that is where the water is coming from but to be sure just pour clorox down the air hose on the unit to clear clogged pvc cause cold water will get slime that will clog the line. So like I stated just went through this last week, but I have a friend that is not license but works for AC company and basically does what the License HVAC dose without the license he is getting it soon though I believe. But basically I used him for years, and he tells and teaches me and I make an effort to learn so all these are Facts. I actually diagnosed most of my issues without him telling me. But yea last week he came out and charge my freon for 340. But did say I have a leak, this is the 1st time for this unit, its been about 7 years since I had it. But basically it started with an dirty filter, reason because I was out of the country for 2 months. But to tell you the good news is if the leak is small enough, then you can fix it yourself. Amazon and other places sell leak sealer for HVAC its sort of new but they had it for cars years ago, and finally decided to make 1 for HVAC. So to summarize yes you have a leak, yes keep your filter change, and yes if the leak is small enough then you can seal it without replacing. Good luck hope this helps.
Old 06-04-2023, 08:47 AM   #24
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

At post 1, yes the guy lied about fixing a freon leak.

But, freon is no longer used. Even R22, which replaced Freon is out as of 2010, except if there's any available can be used to reload older units.
If your HVAC is "older" the guy may have failed to explain this and just flat out shorted the discussion.
Regardless, do not use him as he should have clearly explained.

Note that Ara mentions these things can be a quick analysis. That is correct. Yes lines can be patched, but if the leak is in the inside or outside heat transfers "coils", those are costly.

Also, reloading the gas stuff, if gone, regardless of the old stuff, the new stuff or the in-between stuff also pricey.

You mention water, that's condensation from exchanger unit so yes as Ara mentions there is supposed to be a drip pan with a drain hose.

Conclusion:
For this situation, clearly get a second and third opinion as there's to many variables.

Background, I know 4 different HVAC outfits up here in KC Metro. One lives across the street and he and his SO were over for breakfast. If the guy you 1st talked to was his employee, he would have been fired.

Last, Ara gets a gold star for his comments.
Old 06-04-2023, 09:17 AM   #25
Bowser98
Premium Access

Encounters: 26

To further clarify about the drain: there is a primary drain for the evap coil, and a secondary/overflow drain pan and drain pipe. If the evap coil drain becomes clogged, the water overflows into the secondary drain pan. If that drain is also clogged and the secondary pan overflows…big problem. In most homes where the A/C evap is located in the attic, the secondary drain pipe exits the house through the eaves….to alert the homeowner to the issue when water is exiting that pipe.
Old 06-04-2023, 12:12 PM   #26
GhostRiderYYZ
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

It can be repaired but because Freon (if that is what it uses as some people use "freon" as the generic term for the refrigerant) the cost of repairing the system might be high enough that it makes sense to upgrade to the newer stuff.
Old 06-04-2023, 12:23 PM   #27
Dorian Gray
Premium Access

Encounters: 59

^^^
25 Pfund MO-99 kosten nur 599 $.
: 25lbs of MO-99 is just $599 :
Old 06-06-2023, 08:58 AM   #28
CurvyKatie
Thanks for the memories!

User ID: 398083
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Just to update you guys, I got a quote from someone else to fix the coils. So yes it can be done, and for THOUSANDS less.

So the first company did lie to me. I wrote them a negative google review and the owner actually sent me texts this morning being nasty and cursing. Seriously?

I'm glad I got y'alls advice.
Old 06-06-2023, 09:30 AM   #29
youngstud
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

Stafford services is pretty good, they have always been fair and never lied to me.
Old 06-06-2023, 09:59 AM   #30
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

Quote:
Just to update you guys, I got a quote from someone else to fix the coils. So yes it can be done, and for THOUSANDS less.

So the first company did lie to me. I wrote them a negative google review and the owner actually sent me texts this morning being nasty and cursing. Seriously?

I'm glad I got y'alls advice.
Did he fire his employee?
Or was it he himself?
I can't resist asking.

Btw, harrasment over telco/text is covered by Texas Code 42.07 and is a class B misdemeanor if you were to report that.
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women