Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 376
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162865
Yssup Rider60529
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48516
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42032
CryptKicker37191
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36410
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 10-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #16
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Just heard Trump on the Greta show, oh my God this guy still thinks he could be president if Romney was not there. A guy with his 3rd (or 4th) bankruptcy going on? President?
Oh My God How Far Have Republicans Gone?
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #17
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

if you give bho credit for killing Bin Laden, then you must give him credit for Chris Stevens
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:58 AM   #18
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post

“Of course, the raid is now being used in a political wrestling match for the White House. The mission was never about that for the twenty-four men who climbed on board the helicopters that night. Politics are for the Washington, D.C., policy makers who safely watched the action on a video monitor from thousands of miles away” [emphasis emphasized] (298, Owens).

Owen, Mark. No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden : The Autobiography of a Navy SEAL. Dutton: New York, 2012. Pp. xvi, 316.

This from a guy trying to sell a book about his own exploits. Exploits he had signed on not to write about I might add.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:08 AM   #19
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
The problem with Romney talking about the economy is it's not a winning point for him now. He's fucked that up two ways. First, by not having any policies that differ from the Bush administration, he's left himself open to the counter attack from Obama that all he wants to do is "double down on stupid." Second, he picked Paul Ryan, who has adopted the least palatable, most radical economic plan in history (and one that has no chance at all of even balancing the budge like it says). Frankly, I have no idea what Romney can do at this point.

All Obama has to do is not fuck up. Just take nice even swings and hit a single.
+1

Picking Ryan was a horrible choice.

The problem is not really Romney, it is the Tea Nut base of the GOP. Romney knows he can not do what he promised those wacko's but he has backed himself in a corner. The GOP will have a hard time winning national elections with their current mentality and denographs. That is why they need to restrict voting. Why else would that not let folks vote in FL. on Sunday before election day if not to suppress voters? That is all they have left, Jim Crow. The Tea Party has led them to Jim Crow and people like LovingKayla are to ignorant in the ways of politics to even realize it.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:23 AM   #20
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
You missed the point of Mark Owens' comments, Little Timmy. Odumbo wasn't in Bagram during the raid. Odumbo wasn't in Jalalabad during the raid. Odumbo didn't get on a helicopter and "fly to the X" in Abbottabad, Little Timmy.

"Washington, D.C., policy makers [including Odumbo] . . . watched the action [safely] on a video monitor from thousands of miles away” (298, Owens).

Owen, Mark. No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden : The Autobiography of a Navy SEAL. Dutton: New York, 2012. Pp. xvi, 316.
Wow, and here I thought every president was riding in at the front of the attack, just like Teddy Roosevelt in San Juan, or Captain Kirk every week.

Yes, just like Truman piloted Enola Gay, Bush-2 was in the lead tank driving across the Iraqi desert, JFK manned a checkpoint along the Berlin wall, and Ike was carrying a rifle in the Korean DMZ.

The pointy end of the spear has always feels the generals and politicians are just watchers. Been that way since prehistoric times I would guess.

Let me ask two very simple questions:
(1) Does Mark Owens really think Obama should have been at his shoulder in Pakistan?
(2) Are you dumb enough to think he should have been?
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:30 AM   #21
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Not at all Little Timmy. Everybody on that mission knows who really pulled the trigger, and they know it wasn’t Odumbo despite his “I this” and “I that” speech afterwards.

It was under Bush 43 – not Odumbo – that U.S. and coalition forces secured Bagram and Jalalabad as the operational bases in Afghanistan from which the raid was launched.

It was under Bush 43 – not Odumbo – that Mohammed al-Qahtani was captured at Tora Bora in December 2001 and sent to Guantanamo where he was interrogated throughout 2002-2003. It was under Bush 43 – not Odumbo – that al-Qahtani gave up Ahmed al-Kuwaiti as an important bin Laden courier.

It was under Bush 43 – not Odumbo – that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was captured in 2003. It was under Bush 43 – not Odumbo – while under interrogation, that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed also betrayed and confirmed Ahmed al-Kuwaiti was an important bin Laden courier.

Subsequently, in 2004 under Bush 43 – not Odumbo, another bin Laden courier, Hassan Ghul, was captured, and he, under Bush 43 – not Odumbo, also betrayed and further confirmed Ahmed al-Kuwaiti was an important bin Laden courier.

Furthermore, the CIA operative assigned to find Ahmed al-Kuwaiti in 2007 was instrumental in tracing al-Kuwaiti to Abbottabad. Similarly, every-single one of the twenty-four operatives that made that raid were on-board and trained before Odumbo was even sworn into office in January 2009.

Meanwhile -- while twenty-four operatives flew to the X --

"Washington, D.C., policy makers [including Odumbo] . . . watched the action [safely] on a video monitor from thousands of miles away” (298, Owens).

So where is your criticism that Bush "watched the action [safely] on a video monitor from thousands of miles away", or do you think Bush was in the field?

He shouldn't have been in the field, he should have been in DC just as he was. Just as Obama was.

But since you bash Obama for not being in Pakistan, but praise Bush for the work he did from DC, you, sir, are being extremely hypocritical. Again.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:33 AM   #22
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
This from a guy trying to sell a book about his own exploits. Exploits he had signed on not to write about I might add.
What don't you understand? This is free enterprise at it's best! Who cares about non-disclosure agreements and protecting classified info? Who cares about endangering the next SEAL mission that has to go in someplace hostile? What is that compaired to a good book deal?
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #23
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
He stated he was following the example set by your Great Obominable One -- who is also charged with protecting state secrets -- and that he wanted to set the record straight without the distortions presented in the MSM.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #24
markroxny
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
I don't think that America should have a super rich president that has absolutely no idea of how average people live.
Dead ass.

Yes, Ryan was a horrible choice, but he was pandering to the conservative base, which will be his downfall.

I can't wait to see this debate tonight!
markroxny is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #25
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post

Let me ask two very simple questions:
(1) Does Mark Owens really think Obama should have been at his shoulder in Pakistan?
(2) Are you dumb enough to think he should have been?
Here's an answer to your two simpleton questions: Mark Owens never suggested Odumbo should have been in Pakistan. No, not at all. What Mark Owens did communicate was his -- and others' -- disdain for Odumbo's bombastic and pretentious "I this" and "I that" speech afterwards. Mark Owens also emphasized the fact that Odumbo was thousands of miles away and safe when OBL met his end, to make sure everyone understands: Odumbo did not pull the trigger!. Owens also communicated his disdain for the White House "leaks" pertaining to the mission that broke fast and furious in the wake of the mission.

Now that Mark Owens' position has been explained to you, Old-T, you should see how ignorant your second question is.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #26
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
So where is your criticism that Bush "watched the action [safely] on a video monitor from thousands of miles away", or do you think Bush was in the field?

He shouldn't have been in the field, he should have been in DC just as he was. Just as Obama was.

But since you bash Obama for not being in Pakistan, but praise Bush for the work he did from DC, you, sir, are being extremely hypocritical. Again.
No hypocrisy, Old-T. It's all about the pronouns. Bush generously employed "they" and used "we" often. Odumbo, on the other hand, narcissistically over-employs the pronoun "I".
Old 10-03-2012, 08:57 AM   #27
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
What don't you understand? This is free enterprise at it's best! Who cares about non-disclosure agreements and protecting classified info? Who cares about endangering the next SEAL mission that has to go in someplace hostile? What is that compaired to a good book deal?
There was nothing in Mark Owens book that hadn't already been leaked out of the White House, Old-T. One of the things that galled Owens was that the public knew -- in less than 24 hrs -- that it was SEAL Team 6 that conducted the raid; that was supposed to remain a secret. Owens was also galled when the MSM reported Odumbo would meet with SEAL Team 6 at Ft Campbell. That too was supposed to be a secret, but it wasn't. And the list of "White House leaks" goes on. Read the book.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #28
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Here's an answer to your two simpleton questions: Mark Owens never suggested Odumbo should have been in Pakistan. No, not at all. What Mark Owens did communicate was his -- and others' -- disdain for Odumbo's bombastic and pretentious "I this" and "I that" speech afterwards.
Absolutely no different from any other leader in any other organization. They deserve credit for what the organization does, and blaime for when it fails. Quarterbacks. Baseball managers. Coroprate CEOs. Presidents.

The same people who want to give Bush credit for Sadam don't want to give credit for Bin Laden (and to be honest, the reverse is true).

It's always nice to see the flip-flops. The guy at the top does deserve credit in this case. Sorry if it offends Owens' ego.

Mark Owens also emphasized the fact that Odumbo was thousands of miles away and safe when OBL met his end, to make sure everyone understands: Odumbo did not pull the trigger!.
Gee, I never realized that. Just like all the examples I posted earlier--those guys were not pulling the trigger either, so to criticize it in this case but accept it in the others is indeed hypocritical--just as I said.

Owens also communicated his disdain for the White House "leaks" pertaining to the mission that broke fast and furious in the wake of the mission.
Agree with this part, but Owens is still guilty. Because one person did wrong is not lisense for him to do the same. And I know you would not let Obama off the hook just because the Bush-2 administration made stupid leaks of classified. As did Carter. And Regan. And Clinton. And every other administration.

Obama was wrong. Owens was wrong too--and should have been in a position to know far better that he was potentially putting his fellow SEALs in danger. Odd how the moment he retired it was not as big a concern to him.

Now that Mark Owens' position has been explained to you, Old-T, you should see how ignorant your second question is.
Nope. Now that you reitterated the Owens was wrong, I still want to know why you don't equally condemn Bush-2's bravado photo ops in Iraq? If you don't like Obama taking credit, why do you like Bush taking credit? He didn't pull the trigge either.

By the way, before you jump to the wrong conclusion, I have nothing against Bush's actions--I see it exactly in the same light as Obama's and see nothing wrong with either. You are the one who thinks one is right and the other wrong based upon the party they belong to.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #29
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by markroxny View Post
Dead ass.

Yes, Ryan was a horrible choice, but he was pandering to the conservative base, which will be his downfall.

I can't wait to see this debate tonight!
Obama will win that's for sure
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #30
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
Obama will win that's for sure
Predicting the way the US populous will vote is a very dangerous undertaking. Too much will happen in the next few weeks.

I think both sides are whistling past the graveyard with their pontifications.
Old-T is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women