Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70688
biomed162390
Yssup Rider60228
gman4453217
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48395
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41270
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35684
Mojojo33117

Old 09-24-2014, 12:42 PM   #16
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingblade View Post
So now that he was not wrong in particular to salute as he did anymore than saluting in the first place, its all about the coffee cup. You are getting desparate now.
It's your defense of Odumbo that is "desperate", slingblade. Odumbo rendered an inappropriate slacker's salute just like the slacker he is, slingblade. You cited guidelines for saluting, slingblade. No where in those guidelines was there a provision for rendering a half-ass salute with a cup of coffee.

The fact that there was also an opportune moment to point out how "green-weenie" Odumbo is a friggin' hypocrite was pure lagniappe, slingblade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
The President probably got caught in a compromising position. He had the coffee, and probably, through instinct, returned the Salute. I bet the instant he did it, he knew he was wrong.

If he did not, I am sure an Aid will politely inform him of his mistake, so that it does not happen again.

I am hoping that was the senario. However, if he was just being nonchalant, and could give a rats as one way or the other, then shame on him.
That's the kicker, Jackie: the White House stupidly issued this image; hence, they didn't see or noticeably think that the "optics" were wrong.

Quote:
No wire photographers captured pictures of the exact moment when the president executed his unconventional tea cup maneuver on Tuesday, but online fury built after the White House itself posted a short video clip of it on its Instagram page.

'What's worse?' one Twitter user asked: 'that Obama didn't put down his coffee cup before saluting, or that the WH thought it was smart to post it?'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3EGB7sdMH
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:49 PM   #17
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

That is right.

The Obama administration is populated with these kinds...the kind who think Obama's kool mannerisms (such as the latte salute) are great.

You know, the kind who come over to your house and put their street shoes on your furniture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
[COLOR="Black"][SIZE="3"]

That's the kicker, Jackie: the White House stupidly issued this image; hence, they didn't see or think that the "optics" were wrong.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:54 PM   #18
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingblade View Post
Once again you have latched on to a story thats not based on reality.

Below is an exerpt from the guidelines of saluting someone.

"Salutes are not required when

Indoors, except when reporting to an officer or when on duty as a guard.
Addressing a prisoner.
Saluting is obviously inappropriate. In these cases, only greetings are exchanged. (Example: A person carrying articles with both hands, or being otherwise so occupied as to make saluting impracticable, is not required to salute a senior person or return the salute to a subordinate.)
Either the senior or the subordinate is wearing civilian clothes (a salute in this case is not inappropriate, but is not required.)
Officers of equal rank pass each other (a salute in this case is not inappropriate, but it is not required.)"

Reagan was the one that started the trend of returning the salute even though it is against protocol to do so. Even Eisenhower did not return salutes . Reagan was admonished by his own military aide for doing so . Then Reagan asked General Barrow for permission basically so he could
break protocol to serve his agenda.
Career sailor here. I think I know something about this. We were always told to return a salute even when the first salute was inappropriate. For example, as a third class petty officer I was not saluted. However, if I went to the recruit side of the base (Orlando) and I was saluted by some boot I was required to return it. The protocol (as established by Ronald Reagan) is to salute the marine guard when they render honors. So Obama should either do it all of the time or do it none of the time. If he does do it (and this is where you're fucked up) then he should do it correctly. Obama is a life time fuck up in everything he's done in his life. The only thing that he has gotten right was to let some people get him elected to the White House.

Career Fuck up.

Here is how both are done correctly.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:56 PM   #19
Jackpotvinny
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

I would have loved to see him spill the coffee on his head...

If it's not required, then don't do it. Screwing it up looks intentional...
Jackpotvinny is offline   Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 01:00 PM   #20
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
. The protocol (as established by Ronald Reagan) .
Ronnie established protocol? The same Reagan who made training movies during WWII while fellow actors actually fought! God Damn you can't make this shit up...

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 03:53 PM   #21
slingblade
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
I thought you characterized Obama's salute as being "against protocol"...now you deflect....

Obama should have not saluted; his half assed "latte salute" was against protocol and unwarranted. Not to salute would have been the better course.

A president should either salute properly, or not not at all.
I'm not deflecting. The salute is a non issue no matter how you slice it. Presidents are not supposed to salute. Reagan decided to say fuck the rules and now all Presidents are compelled to follow suit. If Obama had not saluted them there would be the same bullshit, it just would say"too busy having a coffee to salute". Its a no win with the extreme Right.
slingblade is offline   Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 04:39 PM   #22
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

No. You are wrong. The protocol isn't presidents "aren't suppose to salute".....where did you get that wrongful idea in your head?

The protocol is, it is a choice for the president to make - to salute or not. But if the president decides to salute, he should do it properly, with respect.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 05:04 PM   #23
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Remember when Candidate Obama wouldn't wear the small USA flag pin on his lapel and was unapologetic about it? And his minions supported it until some strategists in the Democratic Party woke up and said "Wear it?"

Admit it Dims, He's just not that into America.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 05:09 PM   #24
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Remember when Candidate Obama wouldn't wear the small USA flag pin on his lapel and was unapologetic about it? And his minions supported it until some strategists in the Democratic Party woke up and said "Wear it?"

Admit it Dims, He's just not that into America.
Right, at that time anyone without a flag in their lapel was soft on terror.

DW Eisenhower did not salute, because he was a civilian after being elected.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 05:31 PM   #25
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Eisenhower was one of only five men to attain the rank of 5-star general during his time, and the only general elected to the presidency.

When he was elected, he resigned his commission as general, but had it reinstated upon leaving the presidency.

- See more at:
http://presidenteisenhower.net/eisen....cVpxgP3N.dpuf
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 05:52 PM   #26
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
No. You are wrong. The protocol isn't presidents "aren't suppose to salute".....where did you get that wrongful idea in your head?

The protocol is, it is a choice for the president to make - to salute or not. But if the president decides to salute, he should do it properly, with respect.
Yeah, whir-LIE-turd, that was President Blackula dissing the honkies in his posse while he was chillin wit some latte.

This is some heavy shit! At least it took your tiny little mind off of the impending invasion by ISIL and the flow of little brown children into America to compensate for the little brown fetuses we're all paying to make!

How fucking stupid are you?

No need to answer. We all know.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 11:57 PM   #27
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

This is not news. It may have been a mistake, but who cares? I do not support the President, but he is CIC. If he wants to salute with a coffee cup in his hand, he can. No big deal. I personally prefer the President to not salute. Symbolically, it blurs the idea of civilian control of the military. I didn't like it when Reagan did it, and don't like it when his successors do it. But it's not a big deal.

Oh. WPF. Look up the Wiki on Reagan next time you're cutting and pasting for a post. He tried to get in the military, but was physically disqualified. So he worked for the servicemen and women by building support at home.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 01:24 AM   #28
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Actually Reagan was in the US Army Reserve in 1937. So he was in the military and like some others he served in Hollywood. Not everyone went to the front.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:48 AM   #29
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Rough area to serve in, lucky he got out alive...LOL
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:27 AM   #30
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default All Reagan was was an actor...acted like a soldier, acted like a President and you Tea'billies fell for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
This is not news. It may have been a mistake, but who cares? I do not support the President, but he is CIC. If he wants to salute with a coffee cup in his hand, he can. No big deal. I personally prefer the President to not salute. Symbolically, it blurs the idea of civilian control of the military. I didn't like it when Reagan did it, and don't like it when his successors do it. But it's not a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post

Oh. WPF. Look up the Wiki on Reagan next time you're cutting and pasting for a post. He tried to get in the military, but was physically disqualified. So he worked for the servicemen and women by building support at home.
Watch wtf you ask for peanut brain...

His growing success also won him a series of deferments from military service (at the request of Warner Brothers) once the United States entered World War II, and then—after he was called up and commissioned an officer in the cavalry—an assignment with an army film unit. He spent the war in California making army training movies at a military base in Los Angeles, with time off to make feature films at Warner Brothers (among them the successful 1943 tribute to the military, This Is the Army ).Much of the time, he lived at home with his family. Despite his later claims to the contrary, he never left the country and never saw combat. But he cooperated with studio public relations efforts to portray him as a soldier, who, like other soldiers, left his family to go "off to war." Feature stories described Wyman bravely carrying on, raising the children and maintaining the household while her man was away. Newsreels and magazine photos depicted Reagan "coming home" for leaves and visits. Reagan later sometimes seemed actually to have believed the ruse. Even decades later, he liked to talk about "coming back from the war," like other veterans, eager to take up family life again (a life that in his case had hardly been interrupted).

Read more: http://www.presidentprofiles.com/Ken...#ixzz3EKkY9Z7N
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women