Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70703
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41459
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 10-22-2013, 10:41 PM   #16
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
The United States is scheduled to draw down our forces over the next year on orders from Barack Obama. When we leave the women who we have put in positions of authority as teachers, leaders, and politicians will be left to the mercy of their men. Many will be killed, maimed, or multilated. George Bush will always have the deaths of thousands of Kurds hanging around his neck and now Obama, famous for talking about a war on women, is going to betray the trust of tens of thousands of women in Afghanistan.

Why is it our problem? As Secretary of State Powell said, " you break it, you bought it." We have put these women in the line of fire over the last decade and we should not abandon them to their fates. Not when we have the means to help. Like Somalia, this was started by a Bush and his relief is changing the rules of the game. With Clinton is cost us 18 soldiers at Mogadishu and with Obama it will the complete loss of face to the women of Afghanistan. President presumptive Hillary Clinton said that we (the US) will never abandon you. I expect all the Obama supporters here to get on the horn and tell the president to not turn our backs on these innocents that we put in the line of fire.
You're wrong. We didn't put them in positions of authority. We made it possible for them to be in positions of authority if they so chose. You know, the freedom to choose. Will some be killed?

Their Tree of Liberty needs nourishment too.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #17
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

oh yeah, JD, you're a disingenuous asswipe... You don't give a rats rectum about Afghan women. You're just jerking off, for a change.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:57 AM   #18
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Munchie, once again, misses the obvious. Like standing over some dogs and inviting a cat to eat their food with you on guard. When you walk away, the cat who woudn't have been there is in real trouble. We invited this women to risk their lives and put their necks on the chopping block with the implication that we would be there to protect them. Now, under Obama we're getting out with no guarantees (whatever an Obama guarantee is worth) of protection or even influence on the current government to protect them. To paraphrase Colin Powell, we broke their system and we now own it...or at least we owe the people who helped us. Yes, we should relocate this women to other countries where they will be safe or create a safe enclave with that last 10,000 troops that will remain. A massive base/town for NATO troops and select (security above all) Afghani civilians.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:56 AM   #19
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

A WK has finally arrived.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:58 AM   #20
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Yes, we should relocate this women to other countries where they will be safe or create a safe enclave with that last 10,000 troops that will remain. A massive base/town for NATO troops and select (security above all) Afghani civilians.
lol ...like you wouldn't complain about the tax dollars spent on a project like that.
JCM800 is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:19 AM   #21
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Default Are we gonna betray them?

Do they vote Democrat or heavily influence the people who vote Democrat?
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:19 AM   #22
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Would be a headline in caps ...OBDUMBO WASTES TAXPAYER MONEY ON AFGAN WOMEN !!!!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:21 AM   #23
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post

Apparently republican or Bush and Cheney wouldn't have helped them.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #24
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Would be a headline in caps ...OBDUMBO WASTES TAXPAYER MONEY ON AFGAN WOMEN !!!!
JD won't get the irony.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:28 AM   #25
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
To paraphrase Colin Powell, we broke their system and we now own it...or at least we owe the people who helped us.
Agree, but we have been quite bad about doing that for 50 years. We took care of a select few when we left SEA, but not for most. The same is unfortunately likely to happen in Afghanistan. It isn't a Dem or Rep issue really, it's a US mentality to jump first, think it through later. We entered Afg with no idea what we really wanted to accomplish or the remotest idea of how to we would get out. C Rice had an overly simplistic view that they would see our wonderful way of life and fall over themselves trying to copy our ideals. Once we were in the morass, neither Dems nor Reps have had a clue or reasonable plan to extricate ourselves.

There might have been a chance if we focused on Afg, but then we STUPIDLY put it on the back burner to do even more stupid things in Iraq. While we worried about that Afg somehow didn't cure itself--what a shock. Now, when the US public has lost its appetite for casualties we will leave--still with no real thought about how to extract or what will happen when we leave.

Yes, we should relocate this women to other countries where they will be safe or create a safe enclave with that last 10,000 troops that will remain. A massive base/town for NATO troops and select (security above all) Afghani civilians.
I agree with you, something along the lines of the relocation is what we should do. It would be expensive, and the details would take some careful thought and diplomacy (neither of which we have shown an ability to do well), but it would be the right thing. The enclave idea is fraught with a lot of problems and would likely turn into a disaster. It would be extremely hard to provide security in that situation without setting up an overly oppressive police state--and that would just feed the issues already in place there. No, that is not a viable option.

I don't expect to see it, but suppose such a mass relocation was done--the biggest issue would be where to relocate them to. Assuming we learned from the formation of Israel so we avoided many of the absurdly stupid things done there, it would be interesting to see how the New Afghanistan communities and the remnants of the current Afghanistan would evolve.

PS: Whether I agree with your solution or not, thanks for at least putting a proposal out there for consideration.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #26
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Quote:
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #27
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

I say we trade LovingKayla for any and all Afgan women that want to come here. JD is responsible for any expenses these women incur. Or maybe he would defer that to Bush and Cheney.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:39 AM   #28
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Well we see who the real racists are here and I am not surprised.

For the uninformed, we are leaving 10,000 troops behind for an unknown amount of time. They need secure quarters and the best way to do that is to build them away from everyone. I hate to say this but there will be opportunities for work there (not what you're thinking but everything from housekeeping to clerks and higher if they have the experience and training). Case by case they can find new homes in other countries. If we give them the opportunity to get educations including college they would be desirable as new citizens. We will be there that long (how long were we in Germany?). After World War II, Korea, Vietnam the US serviceman brought home war brides and they assimilated into the US culture. We went into the war with few speakers of Persian, Farsi, and other middle eastern langauges. We get their expertise on the langauge and culture and they get a hom.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:11 AM   #29
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Apparently you were one of the uninformed.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:14 AM   #30
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
You're an idiot. During Bush/Cheney, a large number of schools were built so that girls and women could specifically receive education.

http://www.forbes.com/2008/11/18/afg...18marlowe.html

Of course, that was nation building you Dems found so abhorrent.
gnadfly is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women