Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #16
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
I don't think due process requires that people should be able to appeal a verdict for frivolous reasons.
Who gets to make the decision concerning what are actually "frivolous reasons?" Not just any Joe the Bloehard has the qualifications to make that decision!

Just sayin'
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #17
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
If we executed scumbags in an average of one year instead of twelve years, the death penalty might be a lot more effective as a detterent.

But Blackstone didn't say better that a thousand guilty escape; he said ten.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Who gets to make the decision concerning what are actually "frivolous reasons?" Not just any Joe the Bloehard has the qualifications to make that decision!
BT, he has a "quota system" ... one a year and every 10th man is innocent!

We could get big jars of jelly beans ... black and white ones. Once he or she is convicted of a death penalty offense, the convicted person while blindfolded reaches into the jar and pulls out a jelly bean. There are 100 white ones and 10 black ones.

White no death penalty, black you get the juice! If by November there are still black ones in there, all the whites get removed, to make sure the quota of one is met for that year.

Actually, since justice is "blind" and all have the same equal opportunity, its fair, .. well not so fair if one is convicted in November and no one has picked a black jelly bean!!!!

Oh, to meet the one inncent man a year requirement, all those found not guilty have to draw too, until one finally draws a black bean. Then for the rest of the year, none who are found "not guilty" will have to draw.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #18
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
BT, he has a "quota system" ... one a year and every 10th man is innocent!

We could get big jars of jelly beans ... black and white ones. Once he or she is convicted of a death penalty offense, the convicted person while blindfolded reaches into the jar and pulls out a jelly bean. There are 100 white ones and 10 black ones.

White no death penalty, black you get the juice! If by November there are still black ones in there, all the whites get removed, to make sure the quota of one is met for that year.

Actually, since justice is "blind" and all have the same equal opportunity, its fair, .. well not so fair if one is convicted in November and no one has picked a black jelly bean!!!!

Oh, to meet the one inncent man a year requirement, all those found not guilty have to draw too, until one finally draws a black bean. Then for the rest of the year, none who are found "not guilty" will have to draw.

With Assup being less active these days, I assume you're trying to make up for the shortage of profoundly stupid posts. Someday you may be dipshit of the year.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #19
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

Quote:

are they going to use Jelly Belly's?
JCM800 is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:41 PM   #20
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM800 View Post
are they going to use Jelly Belly's?
Surely ... "What's the difference"?

Old 01-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #21
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

Quote:
The law doesn't require certainty in proving guilt. It requires proof beyond a reasonable doubt. I think that's the best standard. If certainty was the standard in a criminal case, we'd never convict anyone of anything.
While I think beyond a reasonable doubt is a find standard for proving guilt in most cases, I think given the irreversable nature of the death penalty, a higher standard should be imposed in order to carry out that sentence.

It's not to say we can't convict someone on the regular beyond resonable doubt standard, but before we execute someone, don't you think society has an obligation to be damn sure the person is actually guilty?
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #22
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravo_123 View Post
While I think beyond a reasonable doubt is a find standard for proving guilt in most cases, I think given the irreversable nature of the death penalty, a higher standard should be imposed in order to carry out that sentence.

It's not to say we can't convict someone on the regular beyond resonable doubt standard, but before we execute someone, don't you think society has an obligation to be damn sure the person is actually guilty?
It's a very debatable point. A good case can be made for life without parole as an alternative to the death penalty. I personally believe life in prison is less of a deterrent than the death penalty, but it does have the advantage of eliminating the possibility of executing an innocent person.

If we get rid of the death penalty, or raise the standard of proof to absolute certainty, in order to protect innocent people from being wrongfully executed, we have to weigh that against the possibilty that more innocent people may be murdered. The protection of the innocent should be the goal.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #23
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
I don't think due process requires that people should be able to appeal a verdict for frivolous reasons.
Quote:
The protection of the innocent should be the goal.
Uhhh, I wonder if Joe the Bloehard knows the meaning of the phrase, "conflicting testimony."
Old 01-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #24
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Uhhh, I wonder if Joe the Bloehard knows the meaning of the phrase, "conflicting testimony."
That's what happens when one is spouting cliches in an attempt to make "a point." And it occurs most frequently when folks talk in a vacuum without ideas being tested.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:47 PM   #25
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Someday you may be dipshit of the year.
But not this day. I'm standing back and giving the floor to you, ...

.... while actually making fun of your quota idea. Really not "funny," but remarkable.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:11 PM   #26
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

Quote:
It's a very debatable point. A good case can be made for life without parole as an alternative to the death penalty. I personally believe life in prison is less of a deterrent than the death penalty, but it does have the advantage of eliminating the possibility of executing an innocent person.

If we get rid of the death penalty, or raise the standard of proof to absolute certainty, in order to protect innocent people from being wrongfully executed, we have to weigh that against the possibilty that more innocent people may be murdered. The protection of the innocent should be the goal.
I'm fine with life without parole (as long as we actually make sure it's without parole) as an alternative to the death penalty.

Most studies done on death penalty deterrence show that at least as it is, it doesn't really deter violent crime. Now whether or not that's because the frequency of us carrying it out is a factor in there - that has yet to be determined.

Again, I'm not against the death penalty in itself, ie I don't think it's inhumane. My issue is with the current accuracy of the determination of guilt.
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:21 PM   #27
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:

.... while actually making fun of your quota idea. Really not "funny," but remarkable.
It appears that Joe the Bloehard is doing his best to give StupidOldLyingFart a run for his title!

Perhaps we should just refer to them as 1A and 1B!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #28
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Would your "equality" be separate?
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:57 PM   #29
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

The death penalty will not be a deterrent unless it is quick and public. Otherwise, it's a waste of money. It costs states more to fund appeal after appeal than it does to house them for life.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:16 AM   #30
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:

I never proposed a quota you fucking idiot. You're just doing the standard strawman argument. It's sophomoric but I guess it's the only trick you have.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women