Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70750
biomed162882
Yssup Rider60554
gman4453255
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48527
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42060
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36425
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 05-06-2011, 03:45 PM   #16
junglemonkey
BANNED

Encounters: 28

Just tuned in to see if the show improved. You know what I heard? And I kid you not. Josh comparing a country song and a rap song to prove that they both describe sex in the song. You found it, Sports Radio 610.
junglemonkey is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:08 PM   #17
Jusanotherdude
Ambassadude

Encounters: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Scott View Post
Between John and Lance, the Cablinasian, and Travis Rodgers, I don't have room in my sports radio life anyone else. If it it wasn't for Jim Rome, 610 would be completely dead to me.
FACT! (for those of you who don't know who Brian Beckner is you are SEVERLY missing out!)

Rome has gotten pretty bad since he dropped T-Rodge a couple years back and got his Man love on for Kyle Brant..... Overly pussified with no real edge anymore....... Rome has slipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanewbie View Post
the Cablinasian...

I have met him a few times, great guy. 1560 is the game.
Seanie is legit...... good dude for sure! He won't "Big League" you and actually will sit and have a couple dozen beers with you.......

JaD
Jusanotherdude is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:17 PM   #18
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

I used to be a big time Rome fan, not a clone, but a fan.

Over the years his ego has gotten way too big, and sometimes his show is all about him.

I do enjoy his 'takes' in the first 15 minutes or so and I also enjoy the call of the day.
DEAR_JOHN is online now   Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #19
Satin
Valued Poster

I like 610...it's all I listen to. Josh is annoying but he's young. I do give him credit cause his fat ass is fucking "Silly Jilly" the hot DJ on Hot 95.7...

I like Rich but can't stand John Lopez. I have always liked Romie but he's starting to annoy me now...
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #20
DarthMaul
DarkSide MOD

Encounters: 38

Damn...I thought I was the only one listening to Sports Radio!!? I have been listening to 610 for a while.

Can't stand John Lopez's laugh!!??

Josh can be annoying!

The General is great! I do miss "Andre", Palillo was sometimes "grandiose"!?!?

I may have to try 1560. I do miss Lance. I think Lance is what Josh wants to be. Josh is going to say something stupid one day and get himself fired! That may be what people are waiting on.
DarthMaul is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:12 PM   #21
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMaul View Post
Josh is going to say something stupid one day and get himself fired!
At least we now have something to look forward to!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:56 AM   #22
Hawkeye
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

I moved down from Dallas 3 yrs ago, and I've had a hard time finding a sports talk staion that I like. I think 610 has gotten progressively worse, to the point that I only listen when they have John Mc Clain from the Chronicle on. I've been around John Granato in a couple of public settings, and thought he was a jerk.

Gavin Spittle, the program director at 610, came down from Dallas, where The Ticket dominated the market for years with it's sports/guy talk format. He's trying to steal a page from their playbook. It started with Fanfest, and now with J&R. It's a good idea, and The Ticket is the thing I miss the most about Dallas. I just dont think it works with the talent that he has.

Btw, this is off the subject, but I like Houston better. It's easier to get laid here
Hawkeye is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:41 AM   #23
junglemonkey
BANNED

Is The Ticket in Dallas the station that has the Playmaker segmant where a fake Micheal Irvin comes on? Well I hope it is a fake Irvin. If not, the man is only proving the steroetypes about him to be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I moved down from Dallas 3 yrs ago, and I've had a hard time finding a sports talk staion that I like. I think 610 has gotten progressively worse, to the point that I only listen when they have John Mc Clain from the Chronicle on. I've been around John Granato in a couple of public settings, and thought he was a jerk.

Gavin Spittle, the program director at 610, came down from Dallas, where The Ticket dominated the market for years with it's sports/guy talk format. He's trying to steal a page from their playbook. It started with Fanfest, and now with J&R. It's a good idea, and The Ticket is the thing I miss the most about Dallas. I just dont think it works with the talent that he has.

Btw, this is off the subject, but I like Houston better. It's easier to get laid here
Old 05-07-2011, 09:14 AM   #24
BigLouie
Valued Poster

1560 has gotten so strong, even a write up in the Houston Press that it is my belief that 610 is trying to copy them and it is just not working.

Mark Vandermeer is absolutely the most annoying talk show person I have ever listened to and he is the main reason I rarely listen to 610. John McClain is no match for Lance when it comes to football.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:28 PM   #25
JackMehoffer
Account Disabled

Vandemeer & Lopez are boring except when John McLain is on! I couldn't agree more Dear John that all you need to listen to is the first 15 minutes of Rome! He's so repetitive and his interviews are boring!
Channel 2 a month or so ago had Sean Cablanasian and Josh from 610 on sports Sunday! Everytime Sean spoke Josh had to jump in run his mouth. He's so obnoxious!
Charlie Pullilo is such a nerd! He needs a good partner! I like Matt Jackson on 790 formerly of 610! John and Lance are the best IMHO!
JackMehoffer is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #26
simpleton
Valued Poster

My ECCIE Reviews

I didn't realize people still listened to Rome. There's a parody on the 1560 website of the Rome show. It' listening worth listening to.

Fact... Beckner is one funny dude.
Fact... 610 sucks. Only good thing was the general and the texans player that played at Rice. I can't think of his name.

Here's the link to the smack off on a mobile. Really funny
http://www.1560thegame.com/media/?cat=32
simpleton is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:07 PM   #27
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleton View Post
I didn't realize people still listened to Rome. There's a parody on the 1560 website of the Rome show. It' listening worth listening to.

Fact... Beckner is one funny dude.
Fact... 610 sucks. Only good thing was the general and the texans player that played at Rice. I can't think of his name.

That's N D Kalu, He was ready to rip Josh's head off in Vegas last week.

Greg Cook that comes on 610 sometimes in the afternoons has good takes and doesn't hesitate to tell Josh he's a moron.

I don't think Josh will last long!
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:40 PM   #28
junglemonkey
BANNED

I can so tell Rich is on vacation. Josh was going on and on about fucking school cafeteria food today. This is not joke. He and Brand Davis would not shut up about it. I am not a big fan of Rich Lord but the few times I have listened to this J and R show, Rich trys to stop Josh from Hijacking the show. I cant wait till Josh interviews Coach Sumlin and says somthing stupid. Coach will rip him a new one.

On a serious note, I am a big fan of John McClain. I saw him in person recently and my god, he has let himself go. He is on a road to self destruction. He really needs to get on the "Lose 30 pounds in 30 days for only 30 dollars, EXCLUSIVE of the supplements" plan. I tried to tell him this on the radio but they cut me off.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:02 PM   #29
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Speaking of jim rome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8
DEAR_JOHN is online now   Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:08 PM   #30
Satin
Valued Poster

I can see some of the points about the show...especially Josh. But why is 610 the #1 rated show? I've never listened to any of the others.
What do you guys think about Mike Melcher? Barry Werner? Brad Davies?
Barry has been around a long time and knows a lot. But he's rude a lot and acts like a bully most of the time.
Satin is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women