Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #16
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
I call BULLSHIT... fugger
It only matters that Timmy believes it happened; it's real for him. In real life, Timmy is a janitor in an adult video store. His fantasy of being a business owner with employees is a psychological defense mechanism. The horror of his real life is too much for him to bear.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #17
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
I call bullshit because the employer's share of the tax never decreased. The 2 percent reduction was only on the employee and not the employer.
That is correct but it still does not mean that the thread starter's thread was total BS too.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #18
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
I call bullshit because the employer's share of the tax never decreased. The 2 percent reduction was only on the employee and not the employer.
A couple of years ago, a few congresspersons actually did suggest adding a cut to the employers' side, claiming that it would incentivize new hiring because it would reduce the cost of adding new employees. However, most serious policy analysts thought it would be an ineffective measure and was just another gimmicky, politically motivated idea -- especially since it was also intended to be temporary. Most entrepreneurs and managers primarily consider the long-term costs of adding new employees, not just the immediate ones. Otherwise they would probably just hire temps. Besides, it wouldn't have been a very effective vote-buying scheme!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
You can't have it both ways...as much as you would like to.
Have what both ways? That statement makes no sense at all. And did you not find it ironic that the piece copied and pasted in the OP actually argues in favor of the resumption of the pre-2011 payroll tax deduction rates? (An opinion with which I agree, as I noted in the earlier linked thread.) Amazing.

I also think the original cut, which was announced at the outset to be a temporary measure, was bad politics as well as bad policy. It shouldn't have been hard to figure out that when the reduced rate was ended, millions of workers were going to be a little unhappy when their net paychecks shrank. Many people have short memories and won't make the connection with an equivalent increase they began enjoying a couple of years ago. As is now obvious, the shifts open up possibilities for Obama's opponents to serve up disingenuous demagoguery designed to appeal to people who don't follow the policy debate.

I'm not a liberal, and certainly am not a fan of Obama's economic agenda. He has done many things for which he can reasonably be lambasted, as is obviously also the case with congressional Republicans. But this isn't one of them. If you opposed the resumption of the pre-2011 deduction rates, fine. There's no doubt that a lot of people agree with you. Just don't incorrectly assign blame.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #19
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

In the stimulus money there was a provision for hiring people that had been out of work and you had a period of time that you did not have to pay the employer tax but it had nothing to do with the temporary SS tax reduction for the employee. I do not know of anyone that hired because of the stimulus that did not need to hire someone anyway. the fact is, Obama allowed the tax reduction to expire and signed a bill that did not continue it so the facts are he increased taxes on the middle class.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #20
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
, Obama allowed the tax reduction to expire and signed a bill that did not continue it so the facts are he increased taxes on the middle class.

GoodLord, under that logic ever politician that does not completely stop all taxes...increased taxes on the Middle Class.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #21
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Hey Whirly,

did I remember to say, FOUR MORE YEARS?
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #22
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Being called stupid by Barleybrains is a badge of honor. Kinda like being called an idiot by Stupid Old Liar.

Self employed.

It's a good thing you're not running a business. You don't seem to understand math.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #23
HoustonMilfDebbie
Account Disabled

User ID: 125890
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Where's the link, loony?

I suppose every time someone takes a shit, it's the same as an increase in clear colons...

what a fucking idiot you are, you Silence of the Lambs motherfucker.
Likewise, let's get the facts straight first! Plus one!
HoustonMilfDebbie is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:33 PM   #24
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

It's not exactly a tax increase. It's the expiration of a temporary tax cut. Everyone knew it was supposed to be temporary and the increase in salary was not going to be permanent. The fact that people were surprised shows how out of touch they are with basic facts. They probably didn't know when their checks went up (which proves it wasn't much stimulus) and I'm frankly surprised they noticed when they went down given that the amount is so trivial.

But even if they did, surely if they were even remotely informed about about public affairs, they should have realized that the 2% temporary Social Security payroll tax cut was not renewed in the latest budget negotiations. Fat, dumb, and ignorant isn't a good way to go through life. What can you say.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:37 PM   #25
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Exactly, but don't expect concepts like history and math to stick with this lunch mob...

"Lets face it Flounder, you threw up ON Dean Wormer"".
Old 01-05-2013, 11:40 PM   #26
LordBeaverbrook
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
It's not exactly a tax increase. It's the expiration of a temporary tax cut. Everyone knew it was supposed to be temporary and the increase in salary was not going to be permanent. The fact that people were surprised shows how out of touch they are with basic facts.
Exactly correct, even Grover Norquist came out publicly and said he didn't consider it a tax increase.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/norqu...-hike-20111201
LordBeaverbrook is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:56 PM   #27
Yssup Rider
BANNED

My question to you fellas is:

When you call BULLSHIT, does it answer?
Old 01-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #28
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Pelosi Wants More Taxes

Quote:
Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi is not satisfied with the new regiment of tax increases, she said Sunday in an interview with “Face the Nation.”

Despite reaching a fiscal cliff deal less than a week ago that raised taxes on high earners and almost every worker via the payroll tax increase, Pelosi is apparently undeterred in her effort for higher tax revenues.

BOB SCHIEFFER: Do you then agree with the Republican leader in the Senate, Mr. McConnell, who says we’re done now with the taxing side of it, now we have to concentrate on spending? Is that done now?

PELOSI: No—

SCHIEFFER: Is the revenue side of it taken care of?

PELOSI: No, it is not. The president had said originally he wanted $1.6 trillion in revenue; he took it down to $1.2 as a compromise. In this legislation, we had $620 billion—very significant—high-end tax, changing the high-end tax rate to 39.6 percent, but that is not enough.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #29
ilikefun
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
I had multiple employees in my office this morning asking me why their paychecks were "short" $20 or $30 or $40 this pay period. I explained it was due to the expiration of the Bush tax cuts, which they gave not one shit about.
You run a business and don't know the difference between the Bush Tax Cuts and the Holiday Payroll Tax?

They are not the same.
ilikefun is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women