Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 07-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #16
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
You haven't asked a question moron.........
Whatever, you know what I mean, I may not have asked a question, but I asked for a response, and factual response got I none.

So why do you want to continue murdering so many people in the US?

That's a question, if you didn't notice.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #17
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
"For Those Who Can Afford It" is a phony class warfare arguement.
Too bad for you that it's all too true.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #18
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Lifestyle choices effect medical outcomes/mortality more than any other factor. For you to deny that speaks to your stupidity.
Putting words into my mouth again, of course I do not deny that lifestyle has an effect, lifestyle is part of health care, didn't you notice?

So what is the US health care system doing at present about deaths from diabetes? How much money is going into early detection, education, testing etc etc etc.

Same question about preventative steps and education and coronary disease etc etc etc.

It's all health care.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #19
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
You haven't asked a question moron.........

In fact, in this thread I am the ONLY one who asked a question (of you). Didn't you learn anything from our failed "War on Poverty"?
I always ignore false arguments by analogy, it only shows how desparate you are.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #20
essence
Valued Poster

I have always like this quote by Galbraith on conventional wisdom.

'We associate truth with convenience, with what most closely accords with self-interest and personal well-being or promises best to avoid awkward effort or unwelcome dislocation of life. We also find highly acceptable what contributes most to self-esteem. (Economic and social) behaviours are complex and to comprehend their character is mentally tiring. Therefore we adhere, as though to a raft, to those ideas which represent our understanding.'

The republicans are clinging to a raft, it is shot through with holes and sinking, but they don't have the cajones to admit it.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #21
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

The only real murder that is taking place is being done under Roe v Wade; premediated at that ! Millions upon millions murdered.

What is going on in our health system isn't murder; but suicide. We have a free will. Most people die prematurely or from horrible disease because of their lifestyle choices. Very very few die because they didn't get to see a doctor.

Diabetes epidemic - lifestyle/personal choices
Heart disease - lifestyle/personal choices
Most cancer - likely lifestyle/personal choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by essence View Post
Whatever, you know what I mean, I may not have asked a question, but I asked for a response, and factual response got I none.

So why do you want to continue murdering so many people in the US?

That's a question, if you didn't notice.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #22
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by essence View Post

The republicans are clinging to a raft, it is shot through with holes and sinking, but they don't have the cajones to admit it.

Yeah; right ! That is why in 2010 Republicans (with Tea Party help) swept in the largest power shift in the history of the House of Representatives - not to mention the changes in local, county, and Statehouses around the country !

Not to mention that Walker (and his fellow pols) kicked the Democrats asses in the Wisconsin recall vote last month !

If that is a sinking ship.....well,,,,your a retard !

Old 07-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #23
essence
Valued Poster

Evidence, please, from reputable authorative international unpolitical bodies.

Otherwise I will regard it as more fantasy.

What number is 'very very few' ?

How many possible early detections of cancer/heart disease go unnoticed because of inadequate or irregular checkups?

Do you know anybody who was patched up and sent home because of lack of insurance?

All you are presenting is unsubstantiated beliefs, not corroborated facts.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #24
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:

If that is a sinking ship.....well,,,,your a retard
Read my lips. I said sinking raft.

Plus, I wasn't making a general comment about the republicans, but was restricting my remarks to their non-existent health care policy, it isn't shot through with holes, it is made of the occasional burnt-out matchstick.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #25
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

I have no interest in convincing you that the major causes of death and disease in the US (smoking, lack of exercise, bad diet, sugars, alcholol/drug abuse, etc) are lifestyle related...........if the light bulb doesn't go off in your own pea-sized brain, you are a hopeless fool.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #26
CJ7
Valued Poster

you can attach breathing and drinking water to the lifestyle choice

depending what city you live in and what chemical plant you live close to.

an entire town in Oklahoma either died from cancer or packed up and left simply because of the air and water pollution from a local corporation..
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #27
essence
Valued Poster

Don;t put words into my mouth, I have already said a few posts above that lifestyle issues affect health.

That is obvious.

But the question remains, what is being done about lifestyle issues, and how much do they affect life expectancy, and what other health care issues affect life expectancy.

In short, how many people who make correct lifestyle choices still have health care issues which are not found in most other major industrial countries?

I quite understand it if you can't find the statistics, it may be that no recent studies have been done on the issue, so we can all sit in a circle singing kumbaya, but in that case say 'I don't know' and focus on what should be done to improve overall health care for the majority of citizens.

Like a tax on unhealthy foods?

Your problem is that you make separate boxes for:

- emergency treatment
- serious treatment
- long term care and treatment
- elective treatment
- woman's health treatment
- preventative treatment and diagnosis
- lifestyle treatment
- health education
- mental health treatment
- disability treatment
- veteran's welfare

etc etc etc whereas to me they are all part of health care - care about peoples' health.

+1 to CJ7
Old 07-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #28
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

You're wasting your time, Whirly. Nonsence is European and talks funny, so simple-minded people think he must be right. In reality, he is just an ignorant, America hating European, who would be getting his health care from German nurses if if hadn't been for the US, which he hates.

He's from Europe, so naturally, he thinks if the government doesn't do it, no one else will. He doesn't understand, or care to understand America.

Don't waste your time with him. He's a fool.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #29
essence
Valued Poster

I am not suggesting the US uses the NHS as a model, but note:

http://www.nice.org.uk/

and look under the 'find guidance' and look at the topics under public health.

CoG, when you eventually post anything which has any facts or points to some evidence, or does not misrepresent me or my views, I will respond. I'm not holding my breath.

See my new signature
Old 07-03-2012, 03:49 AM   #30
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I have had this discussion before but this time I am only going to touch on the infant mortality rate. In Europe, Asia, and Africa infant mortality only counts infants that are old enough to have recovered from any birthing problems or congenital abnormalities. In the US we count any child born. So a child suffering from encephalitis at birth is not counted as a dead baby in most of the world unless the baby recovers even if that baby lives for a month. In the US that baby becomes a statistic as soon as he or she draws breath. This is the simple reason that infant mortality rates are not telling the truth. We and the rest of the world are measuring different things.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women