Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162356
Yssup Rider60206
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48387
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41248
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-07-2023, 09:51 AM   #16
DNinja69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43
Default Intent is always relevant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacuzzme View Post
The entire idea of “hate crimes” is completely retarded. It makes no difference if I shoot someone because I want their wallet, or if it’s because I “hate” them. They’re still just as dead, one reason should be no less punished than the other. Something done because of hate is impossible to prove. There isn’t currently a mind reading device I’m aware of. One would have to assume the motive, the Justice system doesn’t (shouldn’t) do that.
Is intent not always a factor in crimes of violence? This brawl seems to have started over frustration from a group of people towards dock workers. No indication either group went looking for people who fit some demographic it just got out of hand and likely tempers flared due to race on some level and comments were made in the moment that some will say make it a 'hate crime' and on that level I agree with you its just people being mad and fighting.

I do think intent matters. The difference between a death penalty murder case and 5 years in prison or a not guilty verdict is often intent. Sometimes it can be proven other times not.

At some point many of the people involved in this riverboat brawl will claim they were just trying to help the dock worker who was attacked or defend the boaters once others came after them. Most likely a jury will be making the decisions on what motivated each person and group in just the same way they would address the issue of 'hate' if those were the charges.

It is about justice and fair consequences. If it is unlawful to refuse someone service based on being a woman, black, or Jewish why would it not be a harsher penalty for singling that person out for violence? If intent on that level can't be proved so be it. But if it can it should factor into the penalty
DNinja69 is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 10:07 AM   #17
oilfieldace
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
I'm so fucking disgusted this is a one star thread right off.
Seriously?
oilfieldace is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 10:32 AM   #18
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNinja69 View Post
Is intent not always a factor in crimes of violence? This brawl seems to have started over frustration from a group of people towards dock workers. No indication either group went looking for people who fit some demographic it just got out of hand and likely tempers flared due to race on some level and comments were made in the moment that some will say make it a 'hate crime' and on that level I agree with you its just people being mad and fighting.

I do think intent matters. The difference between a death penalty murder case and 5 years in prison or a not guilty verdict is often intent. Sometimes it can be proven other times not.

At some point many of the people involved in this riverboat brawl will claim they were just trying to help the dock worker who was attacked or defend the boaters once others came after them. Most likely a jury will be making the decisions on what motivated each person and group in just the same way they would address the issue of 'hate' if those were the charges.

It is about justice and fair consequences. If it is unlawful to refuse someone service based on being a woman, black, or Jewish why would it not be a harsher penalty for singling that person out for violence? If intent on that level can't be proved so be it. But if it can it should factor into the penalty
Hogwash. Justice and consequences go to the crime, not the motivation to commit it. Someone’s ‘protected’ class doesn’t make a crime committed on them any worse or better than the same crime committed on someone else who’s not in that class.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 03:41 PM   #19
DNinja69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43
Default I would not agree..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacuzzme View Post
Hogwash. Justice and consequences go to the crime, not the motivation to commit it. Someone’s ‘protected’ class doesn’t make a crime committed on them any worse or better than the same crime committed on someone else who’s not in that class.
Seems the first person assaulted was a city employee which could make for different charges that if it were a regular citizen. I also see that Trump was in town that day interesting coincidence.

There is a racial component to the story but I don't know that any of it was racially motivated. Upon further review of the initial encounter a number of aggravated assault charges should be coming to the group who attacked the city dock worker. The melee that came after will be a wild mix of claims for self defense and such but plenty of charges needed for many of those people as well.

I would hope most people condemn what happened not because of their political leanings or heritage but because it simply did not need to happen. The original culprits were told not to leave their boat and then decided to brawl rather than move it so the ferry could dock. Absurd reason to hit somebody.
DNinja69 is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 04:57 PM   #20
oilfieldace
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Not sure how race figures in,most fights and/or killings are born from hate, not necessarily hate who you are beating or killing just hatred in one’s Heart. I fail to see the difference between killing someone whose race or religion offends, as being any different than killing for sport, dead is dead and the penalty should be the same.
oilfieldace is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 07:29 PM   #21
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

What's the big deal? With all due respect to my friend Winn Dixie, this is standard behavior for alcoholics of all races and creeds. When I was growing up in Stephenville, we'd go to Mingus on weekends and close the bars down at 2:00 AM. Then everyone would go out into the streets and fight for a half hour or so before heading home. Not me of course. I'd hang back and hit on the drunk fatties. Yes, I used to be God's gift to fat women.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic. Yes, the optics in the video may look bad, and the poor guy's getting picked on. But this happens all the time. We have bigger things to worry about, like the National Debt.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 07:49 PM   #22
hotbeets10
Registered Member

What fantasy story have you been reading. Cause that's a whole lotta lies your spinning there cracker boy
hotbeets10 is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 07:50 PM   #23
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

Am I missing something here? Is there another video that shows what may be considered to be a hate crime after the fact?

I just see some people having fun at the marina. Regardless of race, if you sign up for that job, you better have thick skin when people dock after they've been out for hours in heat and probably drank plenty of cold ones in 100+ degree weather.

Not to be insensitive to the dock employee, but the job is the job. If I sign up for any job that I know alcohol may be consumed and I had to instruct people on what not to do, I kind of would expect punches to be thrown at me on a regular basis.
Lucas McCain is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 08:03 PM   #24
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas McCain View Post
Am I missing something here? Is there another video that shows what may be considered to be a hate crime after the fact?
I don't think so. I watched the 4 minute and 32 second video you posted and it just looks like some drunk assholes who got mad at someone who told them they had to move their boat. But it's hard to say without knowing what they're saying.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 08:15 PM   #25
winn dixie
BANNED

Encounters: 22

Are yall missing the dozens of guys that came running in just to suckere punched these guys trying to leave. There are many videos of incident. Most cannot be posted here due to guidelines. People are cheering this.This was easily a hate crime by the one's that jumped in later. If this incident were reversed. There would be riots and looting. This incident is disgusting.
Listen to comments in the videos. Truly eye opening for some
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 08:24 PM   #26
winn dixie
BANNED

Social media is calling this Boston tea party and a second juneteenth.
All in racist tones. But this HATE speech is allowed in today's world.
Old 08-07-2023, 08:50 PM   #27
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

^^^ Man, unless you provide a link, we have no idea what you are talking about. If you have one and are scared of points, PM it to me and I will post it. Otherwise, this just seems like a whole lot of drama nothing that you made up for whatever odd reason.
Lucas McCain is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 10:09 PM   #28
dormGE
Premium Access

Encounters: 25

winn dixie

Staff Edit - Image Removed - Biomed1
dormGE is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 10:14 PM   #29
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormGE View Post
winn dixie

Staff Edit - Image Removed - Biomed1
... Hey Mate - no need to piss on Winn and HIS thread.
If you got nothing to add to the discussion - Don't Comment.

I can surely understand Winn's point - but I also
agree with D'Ninja and the other lads here that
MORE video needs to be shown so we can get to
whole picture of what happened.

### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 10:29 PM   #30
winn dixie
BANNED

It's literally all over the net. Many videos.
I know what I'm seeing in the videos.
The guys should not have docked there nor should they have fought the deck hand.
But what ensued was mob mentality hate filled violence.
There's videos from the boat docking all the way until the cops arrive.
Women being hit folk being hit from behind, heavily outnumbered and trying to leave. But the hateful mob won't let them. All while being cheered. During and after. It's being celebrated as vengeance and woke and entitlement. SICKENING

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women