Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
test
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70677
biomed162343
Yssup Rider60203
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48384
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41244
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 05-08-2016, 08:46 PM   #16
austinisfun26
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37

Basically its a BS way for the shitty cab companies to kill their competition. I think competition is a great thing. Drives prices down and better service. Does anyone remember how shitty the cab's were before uber and lyft? I do. Sad to see them go but they will be back too much money to be made.
austinisfun26 is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:18 PM   #17
pizzaface
BANNED

Encounters: 2

I voted for proposition 1. No more uber? Guess we can go back to driving drunk. Cabs take an hour and cost a fortune.....if you can get one.
pizzaface is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:25 AM   #18
AtypicalLonghorn
Account Frozen

Encounters: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuglet View Post
I have a good friend that drives for Uber and makes a damn fine living. There's too many "hill top" people.. by that I mean.. "I got mine, fuck you!!!"
Uber's future plans do not include your friend driving for them.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-au...-idUSKCN0XN1F1

Now if your friend is ASE certified, has a basic computer technician certification, and is willing to work SE-contractor rates in competition with others in which continued revenue from Über will be based in part on quality up-time for serviced vehicles and service cost control, your friend may have a future with Über.

It is not happening when Über and Lyft resume operations in Austin (probably July or August if past history is a guide) or even 3 or 4 years after that, but if you truly believe in the free market and government control be damned, you must believe that your friend and other drivers are just a stopgap to the endgame that does not require drivers at all.

Taxi cab companies are so far behind on what we will eventually consider commonplace that drivers without special regulation are the least of their problems.
AtypicalLonghorn is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:21 AM   #19
LDigee
BANNED

I agree
LDigee is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:30 AM   #20
pussycat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

All they have to do is follow the regulations any taxi service is supposed to do. Just because they book over smartphone apps doesn't make them exempt. In the 1920s one of the hottest stocks on the NYSE was Yellow Cab, until they crashed. Uber will too.
pussycat is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:57 AM   #21
tron
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Having to submit fingerprints isn't that uncommon for some jobs. If you work in some financial services or federal positions, it may be required.

It would not be that hard for a potential driver to do - typically, you go to the APD building and get your prints taken, then you usually Fedex the card to your new/potential employer or the service they use.

Uber and Lyft just don't want the cost or delay. Their argument about security was ridiculous.
tron is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:36 PM   #22
nuglet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron View Post
Having to submit fingerprints isn't that uncommon for some jobs. If you work in some financial services or federal positions, it may be required.

It would not be that hard for a potential driver to do - typically, you go to the APD building and get your prints taken, then you usually Fedex the card to your new/potential employer or the service they use.

Uber and Lyft just don't want the cost or delay. Their argument about security was ridiculous.
within the next few years, drivers won't be necessary at all. Notice all the Google cars driving around town for the last couple of years? My beef is that the cab / taxi service in austin is an insult to it's users. There is no way I would use a local taxi to be picked up after a show, or concert (and good luck even trying with their shitty service). Dirty cars, drivers that look like they just escaped from a 3rd world camp, and dispatchers that can't be bothered to make sure your ride even arrives, seem to have been the norm here for as many years as I can remember. Uber, Getme, Lyft all serve an unmet need, so I'm sure they'll be back soon. But sooner than most believe, driverless cars will be available.. There's too much money to be made, especially in this Hipster loaded, self righteous, bloated city we call home. Speaking from a "born here , raised here" individual.. This town sucks more every day.. but it's fun to watch the circus, and as a landlord, I kinda appreciate the bloated prices and overcrowding, along with the ever inflating cost to live here.
nuglet is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:01 PM   #23
Lioness
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 290405
My ECCIE Reviews

I for one am frustrated to see Lyft go. I used them every day. Looks like I'll be buying a car a lot sooner than anticipated and not going much of anywhere until then unless I have to. Maybe a scooter would be an option short term...
Lioness is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:34 PM   #24
sue_nami
Pleasure Activist

User ID: 148563
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

as far as the voter turnout, this is what Bruce Elfant Tax Assessor Collector & Voter registrar at Travis County Tax Assessor Collector said about it today "The good news is that 17.5% of citizens voted in Austin's Proposition 1 election which is higher than any municipal election since 1997. ."

and as to why uber didn't want fingerprints..simple they would be employees and not contract labor anymore according to this article. http://www.inc.com/tess-townsend/ube...ckgrounds.html
sue_nami is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 06:51 AM   #25
chitowntransplant69
Valued Poster

I just read the same thing about the 17.5% of eligible voters. I wonder where the other significant portion of non-eligible Austin voters is, other than people under 18.

Uber and Lyft definitely don't want drivers as employees, that's for sure. I didn't realize that by doing fingerprint background checks they could lose the employee/contractor battle. Thanks for the link to that article.

Bottom line, it all comes down to money.
chitowntransplant69 is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:18 AM   #26
derek303
Valued Poster

Encounters: 57

Uber/Lyft are horrible business people. I'm shocked that something like a rape hasn't happened on their watch since any bum can drive. There's not 1 job you can get where you don't have to pass a drug screen and background check. My God...these guys are picking our daughters and grand daughters.
derek303 is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:20 PM   #27
nuglet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

and yet, there are more criminal actions by the taxi drivers (WITH FINGERPRINTS) than by Uber and Lyft combined.. the fact that you get their picture ID, vehicle description and License plate #, AND YOU CAN HAVE FRIENDS TRACK YOUR TRIP REAL TIME, should be enough to calm anyone's fears. It's about the city, YET AGAIN, wanting to control, not help the citizens of Austin.
nuglet is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:23 PM   #28
David.Douchehurst
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_nami View Post

and as to why uber didn't want fingerprints..simple they would be employees and not contract labor anymore according to this article. http://www.inc.com/tess-townsend/ube...ckgrounds.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitowntransplant69 View Post
Uber and Lyft definitely don't want drivers as employees, that's for sure. I didn't realize that by doing fingerprint background checks they could lose the employee/contractor battle. Thanks for the link to that article.
Ackshully, thet won't do it. Tha taxi cab drivers an' tha predicab pendejos thet git fingerprint'd is in-die-pendent contractors wif no bennyfits. So is just 'bout all tha securt'y guards the werks concerts and festiv'ls fer tha local securt'y cumpn'ys. An' thet's a fact!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek303 View Post
There's not 1 job you can get where you don't have to pass a drug screen and background check.
Yew mus' not have had ta apply fer a job wif a record onyer self. Thar's plenny o' jobs wif out a background check an' drug test in construction, landscaping, restaurants & food-service, an' e'en sum in retail.
David.Douchehurst is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:28 PM   #29
David.Douchehurst
Valued Poster

Quote:
and yet, there are more criminal actions by the taxi drivers (WITH FINGERPRINTS) than by Uber and Lyft combined.. the fact that you get their picture ID, vehicle description and License plate #, AND YOU CAN HAVE FRIENDS TRACK YOUR TRIP REAL TIME, should be enough to calm anyone's fears. It's about the city, YET AGAIN, wanting to control, not help the citizens of Austin.
Well, thar wuz more by tha Uber/Lyft drivers in tot'l nummers, but thet's misleadin' since thar wuz so many more uv'em. But per caprica, thet is true. Statistickally, yew'd be in more danger frum a taxi driver.

An' yer totall'y currect about Uber & Lyft trackin' all thar drivers in real time, wif all yer eye-dentifyin' info on file, includin' yer bankin' info so's yew kin git paid by die-rect dee-posit.
David.Douchehurst is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 04:39 PM   #30
stikiwikit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 56

Quote:

I have been wondering about this, i.e. taxi assaults vs. Uber,Lyft assaults per passenger miles. Where did you get your data?
stikiwikit is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women