Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70548
biomed161608
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453117
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48040
pyramider46370
bambino40768
CryptKicker37136
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 05-29-2013, 05:36 PM   #16
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_john View Post
Say what you will about her (to which I most likely would agree), but I would still do her in an instant. Good Lord, I would even do Sarah "Batshit Crazy" Palin for that matter. Something about big boobs on a Republican woman whose married to weak sister men turns me on.
And then write a tell-all book about it!
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #17
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
Admit it, you "Haters" miss Barney Frank.
Naawww ... they always got someone to love ...

She's on Mars looking for the flag that was stuck in the ground in the 60's.

I'm continually proud to be a Democrat when the Party includes everyone, regardless of their mental capabiilties.

Or the clowns in the crowd ...

Spacey?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #18
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Saw how Sara Palin made out when she quit and started bilking the tea bags and figured she could jump on the band wagon.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #19
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Michele Bachmann no force in Congress
By: Jake Sherman and Alex Isenstadt
May 29, 2013 05:48 PM EDT

Establishment Republicans have spent years tiptoeing around the tea party, concerned that its hot rhetoric and deep pockets could wreak havoc in their ranks and further disrupt the national party leadership’s carefully laid plans.

But Rep. Michele Bachmann’s sudden fall exposes the reality of tea party players: Their power in Congress is mostly a mirage.

Bachmann’s retirement marks a new chapter in congressional politics. Grass-roots stardom and piles of cash run aground on Capitol Hill, and might not even get you far with voters back home.

In six years in Congress, Bachmann was plainly unable to translate her cable-friendly bombast into traditional Washington power. And she couldn’t shake up the Republican establishment enough to convert her considerable resources into her own reservoir of muscle.

The Minnesota Republican never got a committee gavel. She managed one major legislative accomplishment — a bridge connecting Minnesota to Wisconsin. House GOP leadership didn’t place her on the Ways and Means Committee when they had the chance. The Tea Party Caucus — of which she was the public face — isn’t at all a force.

Here’s the image that Bachmann cut in the Capitol, according to several top level GOP aides and lawmakers interviewed by POLITICO on Wednesday: she was a sparse presence at GOP strategy meetings and didn’t particularly care about passing legislation. That bridge she helped build? She broke ground on it on Tuesday, one day before she announced her retirement, holding a shovel as she stood next to Democratic Sen. Amy Klobuchar.

Rock-ribbed, deep-pocketed conservatives who are favorites of the grass roots haven’t fared well of late — Bachmann is just the most recent example.

South Florida voters booted Republican Rep. Allen West out of Congress in 2012, despite his hefty campaign war chest and frequent appearances on television. Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa), an embodiment of the tea party movement, declined to run for a Senate seat in 2014. Instead, he’ll stay in the House, where, despite a decade of seniority, he doesn’t wield a single gavel. And even former Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) has struggled to translate his tea party heft to influence at The Heritage Foundation, where he’s had a rocky start. The group’s recent immigration critique wasn’t well received.

“There’s an established power structure in Washington, D.C. — be it Republican or Democrat — and you got gatekeepers, so you can be the champion with the people, with the grass roots. But there are folks that are the ones that are beholden to who gets to be the committee chairman or the subcommittee chairman or what have you,” said West, who recently set up shop in a Capitol Hill office after raising nearly as much money as Bachmann did for his 2012 election. “We all know that — I’m not revealing anything that no one has ever pondered or is not clearly evident to people.”

That’s not to say that the tea party didn’t shake up the political structure — in many ways it did. The House has been dragged far to the right and Speaker John Boehner’s hands have often been tied by rank-and-file conservatives. And with the once-in-a-decade redistricting making congressional seats even more polarized, most House Republicans occupy seats that are so conservative they’ll have to worry more about primaries than general elections. That incentivizes the kind of partisan rhetoric Bachmann mastered.

But Bachmann’s relevance — or lack therof — is rooted in an old D.C. culture. The currency of Washington power is still in chits and Bachmann never accumulated many. She wasn’t among the deal-cutters or kingmakers, despite their waning influence. High-profile antics — like offering an alternative to the leadership’s response to the president’s State of the Union address — rubbed some Republicans the wrong way.

Whether it was her own reelection to a district north of the Twin Cities, massive rallies in front of the Capitol, or her failed 2012 presidential campaign, aides and lawmakers say Bachmann has always been mostly about Bachmann.
Her congressional profile stands in stark contrast to powerful figures like Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.), who forgo weekends at home to raise money for colleagues across the country. Other tea party favorites have handled things differently. Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) raised more than $14 million for the National Republican Congressional Committee’s March dinner, for instance.

Bachmann didn’t even tell her friends she was leaving Congress.

“I am surprised, shocked, and disappointed,” King wrote POLITICO in an email, noting that he hadn’t spoken to Bachmann but planned to. He added that Bachmann is a “a great friend and America is in her debt.”

Of course, the tea party has shown some success.

When DeMint was in the Senate, he emerged as a key power player, backing conservative candidates in primaries over establishment favorites. And Bachmann’s rhetorical impact will long be felt — GOP leadership slapped her name on its third full repeal of President Barack Obama’s health care law. But people who came to Washington to “shake things up” are finding that it’s more easily done outside the Capitol.

The Minnesota congresswoman found herself in political trouble for other reasons, too. She had a serious Democratic opponent with the ability to fund much of his campaign. And in recent weeks, she found herself boxed in by a swirl of investigations into her campaign finances. She will be on trial in 2014 on a civil claim that her political organization stole an email list.

Bachmann’s aides said she would serve out the remainder of her term — as opposed to resigning — and pointed to a quote in the congresswoman’s Wednesday announcement in which the Minnesotan said: “Feel confident, over the next 18 months, I will continue to work 100 hour weeks and I will continue to do everything that I can to advance our conservative constitutional principles that have served as the bedrock for who we are as a nation.”

© 2013 POLITICO LLC
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #20
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Bachmann is just as bat shit crazy in her own way as MY Congresswoman, Sheila Jackson Lee, is in hers.

And that is about as bat shit crazy as you can get.
Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:06 PM   #21
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Sheila ain't got shit on Michelle B.

I'd say the Tea Party is at a crossroads now...
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #22
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Naawww ... they always got someone to love ...

She's on Mars looking for the flag that was stuck in the ground in the 60's.

I'm continually proud to be a Democrat when the Party includes everyone, regardless of their mental capabiilties.

Or the clowns in the crowd ...

Spacey?
OK, that's pretty funny.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:19 AM   #23
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Here's the straight skinny for those of you who care. Michelle Bachman was a successful tax attorney before running for congress and also worked for the IRS (under Bush, GHW). She is also a small business owner with her husband.

Why do liberals think that being in Congress is a life time job? You got an itch, you run, you win, and you serve your time. Then you come home and go back to work. I guess liberals think that when you get there you stay for life. Short political careers is what Tea Party people are all about. Why is anyone surprised? I guess only the truly dense don't get it.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:06 AM   #24
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Its the Ted Kennedy syndrome. Everyone should have a lifetime appointment
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:39 AM   #25
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
Its the Ted Kennedy syndrome. Everyone should take swimming lessons.
Fixed it.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:16 AM   #26
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Why do liberals think that being in Congress is a life time job? You got an itch, you run, you win, and you serve your time. Then you come home and go back to work. I guess liberals think that when you get there you stay for life. Short political careers is what Tea Party people are all about. Why is anyone surprised? I guess only the truly dense don't get it.

Here is something to chew on. The minute that she qualified for a Congressional pension, she quit.

She got elected, did nothing, hung around until she got a life time pension and quit.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:22 AM   #27
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
She got elected, did nothing, hung around until she got a life time pension and quit.
What do you expect? She is the typical Tea Bagger, living off of the government's tit.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:58 AM   #28
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Actually, unlike Obama and Princess Michelle, who both spent their lives living on government checks, Bachmann and her husband built a successful private business and employed many people with good paying jobs.............They also gave back more than they took from this country.........same can't be said for the Obama's.

The Obama's life on the dole even extends to their parents - both families spent lives on the public dole..........generational dependency is endemic in the community.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:00 AM   #29
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
Bachmann is just as bat shit crazy in her own way as MY Congresswoman, Sheila Jackson Lee, is in hers.

And that is about as bat shit crazy as you can get.

Sheila is stupid and crooked, but not crazy. But the way those district lines are drawn ... the majority gets what they paid for.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:07 AM   #30
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
Sheila is stupid and crooked, but not crazy. But the way those district lines are drawn ... the majority gets what they paid for.
Need I remind you that the Sheila's lines were drawn by a Republican majority?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women