Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70685
biomed162390
Yssup Rider60218
gman4453217
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48392
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41270
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35681
Mojojo33117

Old 07-30-2010, 01:41 PM   #16
Don T. Lukbak
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Hey Ender...what did you find out?
Don T. Lukbak is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:15 AM   #17
rooster57
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1
Default Gold Bars vs Gold Coins

Buy locally (check out Asian Jewelry shops - most have gold coins/bars for sale) so that you can at least examine the bars or coins before you actually pay for them. Personally, I'd rather buy gold bars (1 troy oz or higher weight) because they command lower premiums. Don't buy gold coins like eagles or other coins that have special significance (eg, Australian "Lunar" coins) as these can command significant premiums. Instead choose coins that have less demand and thus smaller premiums (eg, Mexican 50 pesos - 90% pure, but contain approx 1.205 troy oz. in melted pure gold each; Austrian gold coins; and "lesser" known/demand gold coins like Krugerands). Bought mine when they were less than $300/troy oz. Good way to have for an emergency - easily convertible...as DTL said...
rooster57 is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:35 AM   #18
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

My next door neighbor and I have an agreement.........he buys the gold and I buy the guns........if it all falls apart, I have a big safe for the gold..........I wonder if he knows about our agreement.
dearhunter is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:41 PM   #19
rwksl
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

You make some good points, but there is a tax advantage to buying American Eagle coins- reporting to the IRS is not required on the buying and selling of Eagles.
rwksl is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:42 PM   #20
rwksl
Valued Poster

Edit...Comment was directed at rooster57.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwksl View Post
You make some good points, but there is a tax advantage to buying American Eagle coins- reporting to the IRS is not required on the buying and selling of Eagles.
rwksl is offline   Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:07 PM   #21
rooster57
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1
Default Tax issues?

rwksl, who is going to report the selling and buying of non-eagle bullion? Unless you are selling a huge quantity. Most of the time it is a cash transaction. You can always report it as a capital gains (assuming you held the gold bullion for 12 months or more). Nothing to prevent you from "shipping" the gold overseas and "cashing" it. I am not sure that selling of American Eagles for profit is exempt from federal taxes...
rooster57 is offline   Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:48 PM   #22
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
If things get so bad that gold is the only thing that has monetary value, then you had better be invested in a good 12 gauge shotgun, lots of shells, and lots of canned goods.

There might come a time when a can of Pork and Beans is worth a lot more than a ounce of gold.
Exactly,
Invest in ammunition and seeds.
Gawd, I sound like Glenn Beck!
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:58 PM   #23
enderwiggin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Anyone interested in buying gold would probably be interested in this as well.

http://infinitebanking.org/

I heard about this on the Mike Church show the other morning on my way into work. Basically, a guy on the show, David Simpson, discussed the idea that we've all been taught that the only way to save and be wealthy is to put your money in a bank and in the financial markets. There is no other alternative. What this school of economics suggests is that there are alternatives that are virtually recession-proof and tax-light.

He suggested a four-prong approach to wealth management:

1. A modest amount invested in the market
2. Liquidity
3. Investment in local, small businesses. (Shops, garages, farms, etc.)
4. Purchase of items of intrinsic value. He specifically mentioned gold, silver, tools, guns, ammunition, food reserves and medical equipment.

It was interesting to me and I plan on learning more, but I thought I'd share with my fellow survivalists.
enderwiggin is offline   Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:46 PM   #24
JoeDelt
Gaining Momentum

I think gains for selling gold coins is considered collectibles.
But it's best to check with your tax accountant.
You DON'T want to mess with the IRS and end up having to prove your innocence.
If they accuse you, you are guilty until you can prove your innocent.
(I heard they're hiring if you want to be a mini-napoleon.)
For gold transactions above $1K, below $5K you don't have to show your ID. (Contrary to some coin shops.) $5k - $10K you do have to show ID.
$10K or above you have to file something with IRS. (I'm not sure what.)

I like to listen to Gerald Celente and his Trends research.
stratfor.com is a good source for different views on things but they're US positive.
If you sign up for their email list they'll send you few articles for free.
Some of them are great and really opens your mind to look at issues from different point of view. (like immigration) Even if the opinion is scewed.

If you're planning to flee the country before the great collapse, goldmoney.com is a resource. But they have quite a long sign up process. But once set up, you can transfer funds, buy and store gold in Hong Kong or other out of country storage locations.
As for leaving the country with gold, I'm not sure about export tax but some countries like China have gold import tax. (10%? 20%? for quantities above 100 grams?) which is weird since they're trying to hord gold.
I don't recommend smuggling gold into countries like that. They'll confiscate all your gold and put a bullet in your brain.

You just have to search the web and do your research.

Before the great censorship of the Internet comes.
Maybe right around the time we attack Iran?
Before midterm elections?
Which will shoot oil prices through the roof?

Scary Times.
JoeDelt is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:42 AM   #25
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderwiggin View Post
Anyone interested in buying gold would probably be interested in this as well.

http://infinitebanking.org/

I heard about this on the Mike Church show the other morning on my way into work. Basically, a guy on the show, David Simpson, discussed the idea that we've all been taught that the only way to save and be wealthy is to put your money in a bank and in the financial markets. There is no other alternative. What this school of economics suggests is that there are alternatives that are virtually recession-proof and tax-light.

He suggested a four-prong approach to wealth management:

1. A modest amount invested in the market
2. Liquidity
3. Investment in local, small businesses. (Shops, garages, farms, etc.)
4. Purchase of items of intrinsic value. He specifically mentioned gold, silver, tools, guns, ammunition, food reserves and medical equipment.

It was interesting to me and I plan on learning more, but I thought I'd share with my fellow survivalists.
This may be more of a philosophical question but what is the intrinsic value in gold? I have always been a little mystified with this. Is it simply because it is nearly indestructible and therefor has lasting properties?
Some other properties of gold are:
It is malleable and easily worked.
It alloys well with a variety of other metals.
It is highly resistant to corrosion or tarnishing.

While those properties definitely give it value is it enough to say it is intrinsic value.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #26
enderwiggin
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
This may be more of a philosophical question but what is the intrinsic value in gold? I have always been a little mystified with this. Is it simply because it is nearly indestructible and therefor has lasting properties?
Some other properties of gold are:
It is malleable and easily worked.
It alloys well with a variety of other metals.
It is highly resistant to corrosion or tarnishing.

While those properties definitely give it value is it enough to say it is intrinsic value.
IMO, gold's intrinsic value is that it is a globally recognized form of currency. You can take it anywhere from NYC to the Amazon rainforest and have something of high trade value.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:54 AM   #27
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderwiggin View Post
IMO, gold's intrinsic value is that it is a globally recognized form of currency. You can take it anywhere from NYC to the Amazon rainforest and have something of high trade value.
I understand that. That's why I said it was probably more of a philosophical question. Sure, if the worlds economy fell apart gold would be the standard currency. But why?
Why not diamonds or graphite or tobacco or razor blades?
I'm not trying to be silly so please don't take it that way.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:25 PM   #28
rwksl
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster57 View Post
rwksl, who is going to report the selling and buying of non-eagle bullion? Unless you are selling a huge quantity. Most of the time it is a cash transaction. You can always report it as a capital gains (assuming you held the gold bullion for 12 months or more). Nothing to prevent you from "shipping" the gold overseas and "cashing" it. I am not sure that selling of American Eagles for profit is exempt from federal taxes...
I didn't mean to say the selling American Eagles for profit was exempt from federal taxation, I just trying to say the buying and selling of American Eagles are exempt from reporting requirements (I was referring to the requirement to report certain cash transactions). If no transaction is reported, then you are simply on your honor to report the gain on these coins to the IRS. See the following for a full discussion of this and related issues:

http://the-moneychanger.com/numismat...coin_con.phtml
rwksl is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:01 AM   #29
enderwiggin
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwksl View Post
I didn't mean to say the selling American Eagles for profit was exempt from federal taxation, I just trying to say the buying and selling of American Eagles are exempt from reporting requirements (I was referring to the requirement to report certain cash transactions). If no transaction is reported, then you are simply on your honor to report the gain on these coins to the IRS. See the following for a full discussion of this and related issues:

http://the-moneychanger.com/numismat...coin_con.phtml
Great article! I've often argued with my coin collector friends that gold bullion isn't "collectible" the way a Morgan Silver Dollar is collectible and we just go 'round and 'round. They are willing to pay hundreds of dollars over spot gold prices for some coins and I'm not. Despite some great engravings on some of these coins, I'm only truly interested in the gold. I also collect coins, but I consider that a separate hobby from my gold purchases.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:03 AM   #30
enderwiggin
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don T. Lukbak View Post
Hey Ender...what did you find out?
I researched the coin incorrectly. It is a half-ounce coin and I was pretty sure it was a quarter-ounce. At least I didn't burn my bridge with my dealer...

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women