Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70690
biomed162390
Yssup Rider60229
gman4453217
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48396
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41271
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35685
Mojojo33117

Old 07-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #16
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJOHN View Post
Did you tell me I cant handle washington politic and just stick too local

Or should I say washington cant handle my politic... fucking incompetant, cant even pass a simple gun control law
DEFINITIONS:

poly- : pref. 1. More than one; many; much:

tick pl ticks : n. 1. Any of numerous small bloodsucking parasitic arachnids of the family Ixodidae, many of which transmit febrile diseases, such as Rocky Mountain spotted fever and Lyme disease.

poly-ticks (politics) many, small-bloodsucking creatures.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #17
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
Never going to happen. From Wiki

Threats or aspirations to secede from the United States or arguments justifying secession have been a feature of the country's politics almost since its birth. Some have argued for secession as a constitutional right and others as from a natural right of revolution.

In Texas v. White, the United States Supreme Court ruled unilateral secession unconstitutional, while commenting that revolution or consent of the states could lead to a successful secession.

The most serious attempt at secession was advanced in the years 1860 and 1861 as eleven southern states each declared themselves seceded from the United States and joined together to form the Confederate States of America. This movement collapsed in 1865 with the defeat of Confederate forces by Union armies in the American Civil War.
I believe what you are talking about is secession from the US. Not sure that is applicable to a state bifurcating, with both staying in the US.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #18
CJOHN
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
DEFINITIONS:

poly- : pref. 1. More than one; many; much:

tick pl ticks : n. 1. Any of numerous small bloodsucking parasitic arachnids of the family Ixodidae, many of which transmit febrile diseases, such as Rocky Mountain spotted fever and Lyme disease.

poly-ticks (politics) many, small-bloodsucking creatures.
You just decribe you and rider your dumb fuck golem thief ... lol fu_ib_rider... lol
CJOHN is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #19
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Don't ya just luv it when Barley4Brains gets on his secession kick. It really makes you want to go buy a truck load of Barley to scatter along the road for people to run over.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #20
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

I wish he'd secede from ECCIE ... One less bloehard to deal with.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:22 PM   #21
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Old T did you notice that we are not talking about secession from the country in Colorado either. We are talking about one state becoming two which has happened successfully more than once. There has long been talk of that in California and Texas. Maybe you didn't read the link (obviously most of you didn't) but the mineral resources are in the north so much of the wealth is in the north. Like I said, a defacto secession could always be possible.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #22
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

WELL THAT'S DIFFERENT!

Never mind...
Old 07-12-2013, 06:39 AM   #23
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

If enough voters want to seceed, it will happen. Regardless of what Wiki or case law says.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #24
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Old T did you notice that we are not talking about secession from the country in Colorado either. We are talking about one state becoming two which has happened successfully more than once. There has long been talk of that in California and Texas. Maybe you didn't read the link (obviously most of you didn't) but the mineral resources are in the north so much of the wealth is in the north. Like I said, a defacto secession could always be possible.
Yes, I did notice that from the beginning. Thus my initial posts dealing with examples of intra-state schisms. My post to Louie might have been poorly worded, but I was trying to point out to him exactly what you are saying here.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #25
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I wouldn't mind another state with two republican, probably conservative, senators. The same for California. It could easily be divided into three; one conservative, one liberal, one a tossup. As you can see the democrats think that they are the only ones who can create BIG bills and laws. They like to forget what Nixon did for them.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #26
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

What ? Watergate?
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #27
RochBob
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Unfortunately, as Old-T has already pointed out. There are multiple instances across the Country of where Urban areas with a high consentration of Population have usurped the needs, wants and resources of the rest of the State. I happen to live in what they call Upstate NY. This is pretty much defined as anything North or West of New York City. Now given that this is about 95% of the land mass of the State you would think what we wanted would count for something. But it doesn't. That's because the population of NYC out numbers the rest of the entire state. Every Upstate Assembly person or Senator could vote "Yes" for something and they would be out voted by the NYC contingent. This has cost us jobs and other opportunites. An most likely it will not get any better due to population continuing to leave the State (mostly due to the ability to find work elsewhere & the high State Taxes). But its not just in NY that this is happening and eventually some kind of a long term solution will have to be found. There are many people who think that Long Island (where NYC is located for those of you that failed Geography (when you tell people that don't live in NYS that you're from New York State they seem to think we all live in NYC)) should be split off from the rest of the State and become it's own separate entity.
RochBob is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #28
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by RochBob View Post
Unfortunately, as Old-T has already pointed out. There are multiple instances across the Country of where Urban areas with a high consentration of Population have usurped the needs, wants and resources of the rest of the State. I happen to live in what they call Upstate NY. This is pretty much defined as anything North or West of New York City. Now given that this is about 95% of the land mass of the State you would think what we wanted would count for something. But it doesn't. That's because the population of NYC out numbers the rest of the entire state. Every Upstate Assembly person or Senator could vote "Yes" for something and they would be out voted by the NYC contingent. This has cost us jobs and other opportunites. An most likely it will not get any better due to population continuing to leave the State (mostly due to the ability to find work elsewhere & the high State Taxes). But its not just in NY that this is happening and eventually some kind of a long term solution will have to be found. There are many people who think that Long Island (where NYC is located for those of you that failed Geography (when you tell people that don't live in NYS that you're from New York State they seem to think we all live in NYC)) should be split off from the rest of the State and become it's own separate entity.
There is a lot of good men from upstate NY and Pennsylvania, too. There is a lot of Patriots in all of the NE states. Y'all are welcome here, anytime brothers.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:32 PM   #29
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
There is a lot of good men from upstate NY and Pennsylvania, too. There is a lot of Patriots in all of the NE states. Y'all are welcome here, anytime brothers.
Which is another way of saying, would any of you NE "Patriots" care to join "Sweet Ass" IIFFY and Hanoi COG in a little 3 way action.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:30 AM   #30
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

NE Patriots are pussies.

Go Texans!!!!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women