Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 376
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162865
Yssup Rider60529
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48516
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42032
CryptKicker37191
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36410
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 05-02-2012, 06:58 AM   #16
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Yesterday wasn't a Tea Party holiday. It was for the communists and Wiccans.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:15 AM   #17
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Up here in Kansas City I expect that they will try to shut down I-70 again like they did a few years ago by standing on it. Now if we can only borrow some really big rigs and put them in front...think zombie apocolyse.
The really scary parts are:

(1) He probably means it since some lives are "expendable"

(2) He really doesn't see how this makes him no different than a petty 3rd world dictator
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:35 AM   #18
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Yesterday wasn't a Tea Party holiday. Who said it was? It was for the communists and Wiccans. Something like that.
You sure love the simple answer. The answer that isn't.

International Workers Day is an official holiday in more than 80 countries. It commemorates the Haymarket Affair in Chicago when police fired on labor unions that were striking.

It is the same as our Labor Day. The reason we don't observe Labor Day on May 1st is because Pres. Cleveland didn't want May 1st commemorating the riot. The labor groups who organized the first Labor Day parade in New York had lobbied for Sept. as the month for the holiday. Cleveland agreed.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #19
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchmasterman View Post
You sure love the simple answer. The answer that isn't.

International Workers Day is an official holiday in more than 80 countries. It commemorates the Haymarket Affair in Chicago when police fired on labor unions that were striking.

It is the same as our Labor Day. The reason we don't observe Labor Day on May 1st is because Pres. Cleveland didn't want May 1st commemorating the riot. The labor groups who organized the first Labor Day parade in New York had lobbied for Sept. as the month for the holiday. Cleveland agreed.
The Haymarket affair (also known as the Haymarket massacre or Haymarket riot) refers to the aftermath of a bombing that took place at a labor demonstration on Tuesday May 4, 1886, at Haymarket Square in Chicago. It began as a peaceful rally in support of workers striking for an eight-hour day. An unknown person threw a dynamite bomb at police as they acted to disperse the public meeting. The bomb blast and ensuing gunfire resulted in the deaths of seven police officers and at least four civilians, and the wounding of scores of others. Wiki
Fascinating you neglected to mention the bit about the dynamite.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:14 AM   #20
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
The Haymarket affair (also known as the Haymarket massacre or Haymarket riot) refers to the aftermath of a bombing that took place at a labor demonstration on Tuesday May 4, 1886, at Haymarket Square in Chicago. It began as a peaceful rally in support of workers striking for an eight-hour day. An unknown person threw a dynamite bomb at police as they acted to disperse the public meeting. The bomb blast and ensuing gunfire resulted in the deaths of seven police officers and at least four civilians, and the wounding of scores of others. Wiki
Fascinating you neglected to mention the bit about the dynamite.
Fascinating? Not as fascinating as you lumping the bomb blast and gunfire together. 8 police officers died with only one of them attributed to the bomb blast. The other 7 were shot. There was no proof any gunfire came from the strikers.
http://www.iww.org/en/history/library/misc/origins_of_mayday

But once again moot point. I neglected to mention much of the origins. Because they have nothing to do with who celebrates the holiday or when the holiday is celebrated today.

And of course no link from you.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #21
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Fascinating? Not as fascinating as you lumping the bomb blast and gunfire together. 8 police officers died with only one of them attributed to the bomb blast. The other 7 were shot. There was no proof any gunfire came from the strikers. Every other source says the bomb killed one policemen outright, six others were mortally wounded, and the eighth died some years later from associated complications.
http://www.iww.org/en/history/library/misc/origins_of_mayday

But once again moot point. I neglected to mention much of the origins. You made it sound so noble, but you kinda forgot to mention that the bomb is what prompted the police to shoot at the demonstrators. Because they have nothing to do with who celebrates the holiday or when the holiday is celebrated today.

And of course no link from you.
Wiki was cited (perhaps you can't read?), but you are using IWW for a source!?! ...
Old 05-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #22
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Wiki was cited (perhaps you can't read?), but you are using IWW for a source!?! ...
If you were quoting Wiki, why did you leave out this part? "International Workers' Day is the commemoration of the 1886 Haymarket affair in Chicago, which occurred after an unknown person threw a dynamite bomb at police as they dispersed a public assembly during a general strike for the eight-hour workday. In response, the Chicago police fired on the workers killing dozens of demonstrators and several of their own officers."

You're right. Wiki is a much better source.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Workers%27_Day

You ignore the germane and raise points that aren't.
Once again you claim things you can't back up with links.

Keep digging your hole.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #23
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

HA! Fu*k, the TPing mow-rons tampering with a quote?

Typical

Weak

Shit
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #24
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
If you were quoting Wiki, why did you leave out this part? "International Workers' Day is the commemoration of the 1886 Haymarket affair in Chicago, which occurred after an unknown person threw a dynamite bomb at police as they dispersed a public assembly during a general strike for the eight-hour workday. In response, the Chicago police fired on the workers killing dozens of demonstrators and several of their own officers."

You're right. Wiki is a much better source.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Workers%27_Day

You ignore the germane and raise points that aren't.
Once again you claim things you can't back up with links.

Keep digging your hole.
Nothing was left out. But you know that, and chose to lie -- because you obviously didn't find the quote posted at #19 in your article.

The original article is at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haymarket_affair . . . in fact, that article goes on to add:

The bombing and gunfire

At about 10:30 pm, just as Fielden was finishing his speech, police arrived en masse, marching in formation towards the speakers' wagon, and ordered the rally to disperse.Their commander, Police Inspector Bonfield, proclaimed:
I command you [addressing the speaker] in the name of the law to desist and you [addressing the crowd] to disperse.
A home-made bomb with a brittle metal casing filled with dynamite and ignited by a fuse,was thrown into the path of the advancing police. Its fuse briefly sputtered, then the bomb exploded, killing policeman Mathias J. Degan with flying metal fragments and mortally wounding six other officers.

Witnesses maintain that immediately after the bomb blast there was an exchange of gunshots between police and demonstrators. According to the May 4th New York Times (which was manifestly hostile to the strikers) demonstrators began firing at the police, who then returned fire..

Others, notably historian Paul Avrich, point out that accounts vary widely as to how many returned fire at the police. He maintains that the police fired on the fleeing demonstrators, reloaded and then fired again, killing four and wounding as many as 70 people. What is not disputed is that in less than five minutes the square was empty except for the casualties. Policemen then carried their wounded comrades and some wounded demonstrators into the adjacent police station. Other wounded demonstrators found aid where they could. The exact number of dead and wounded among the demonstrators is unknown.

That particular account you are using also differs from Schaack's account in his book, Anarchy and Anarchists (btw, in my library), at: http://homicide.northwestern.edu/docs_fk/homicide/AAA/Anarchy.08.pdf
and
: http://homicide.northwestern.edu/doc...Anarchy.09.pdf

and it differs from this account at: http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive...DD405B8684F0D3

Regardless, the bomb precipitated the gunfire. The police did not throw the bomb, it came out of the crowd of protestors.

IWW attempts to separate the organization from the bomb-thrower and the carnage the bomb-thrower wrought is laughable. You are laughable for using the IWW as a source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy4Candy View Post
HA! Fu*k, the TPing mow-rons tampering with a quote?

Typical

Weak

Shit
Randy4Andy, you are a typical Kool-Aid drinking lib! You accept what other lying libs say without researching the matter for yourself; thus, you are damned to remain a liberal Kool-Aid drinking zombie perpetually ignorant of the truth.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #25
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Nothing was left out. But you know that, and chose to lie -- because you obviously didn't find the quote posted at #19 in your article.

The original article is at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haymarket_affair . . . in fact, that article goes on to add:

The bombing and gunfire

At about 10:30 pm, just as Fielden was finishing his speech, police arrived en masse, marching in formation towards the speakers' wagon, and ordered the rally to disperse.Their commander, Police Inspector Bonfield, proclaimed:
I command you [addressing the speaker] in the name of the law to desist and you [addressing the crowd] to disperse.

A home-made bomb with a brittle metal casing filled with dynamite and ignited by a fuse,was thrown into the path of the advancing police. Its fuse briefly sputtered, then the bomb exploded, killing policeman Mathias J. Degan with flying metal fragments and mortally wounding six other officers.

Witnesses maintain that immediately after the bomb blast there was an exchange of gunshots between police and demonstrators. According to the May 4th New York Times (which was manifestly hostile to the strikers) demonstrators began firing at the police, who then returned fire..

Others, notably historian Paul Avrich, point out that accounts vary widely as to how many returned fire at the police. He maintains that the police fired on the fleeing demonstrators, reloaded and then fired again, killing four and wounding as many as 70 people. What is not disputed is that in less than five minutes the square was empty except for the casualties. Policemen then carried their wounded comrades and some wounded demonstrators into the adjacent police station. Other wounded demonstrators found aid where they could. The exact number of dead and wounded among the demonstrators is unknown.

That particular account you are using also differs from Schaack's account in his book, Anarchy and Anarchists (btw, in my library), at: http://homicide.northwestern.edu/docs_fk/homicide/AAA/Anarchy.08.pdf
and: http://homicide.northwestern.edu/doc...Anarchy.09.pdf

and it differs from this account at: http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive...DD405B8684F0D3

Regardless, the bomb precipitated the gunfire. The police did not throw the bomb, it came out of the crowd of protestors.

IWW attempts to separate the organization from the bomb-thrower and the carnage the bomb-thrower wrought is laughable. You are laughable for using the IWW as a source.

Randy4Andy, you are a typical Kool-Aid drinking lib! You accept what other lying libs say without researching the matter for yourself; thus, you are damned to remain a liberal Kool-Aid drinking zombie perpetually ignorant of the truth.

Suck my dick.

Like I said, none of this means anything to my original statement. You are the one that bitched about me leaving something out. Then you went on to omit, omit, omit.

Typical of you.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #26
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Suck my dick.

Like I said, none of this means anything to my original statement. You are the one that bitched about me leaving something out. Then you went on to omit, omit, omit.

Typical of you.
You didn't trouble yourself to mention the 'bomb' which sparked the whole conflagration. Without that little qualifier, your statement indicted the police as thugs and murderers. BTW, suck your own, puny dick.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #27
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

I do not understand why anyone pays any attention to these occupy gatherings.

Like the anti-war ant-government protestors that were afraid they would lose their deferments these people will go away once the funding dries up and they have to go and get a ob in order to survive.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:57 AM   #28
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Quote:
You didn't trouble yourself to mention the 'bomb' which sparked the whole conflagration. Without that little qualifier, your statement indicted the police as thugs and murderers. BTW, suck your own, puny dick.
So you are back to the bomb. One more time for your thick-headiness.
As we went round before, the holiday comes from the Haymarket Affair. The police opened fire on the strikers. I made no mention of the bomb or the pinkertons that assaulted the striking workers the day before. The same pinkertons who provoked the entire incident that you have failed to mention at all. The pinkertons who were nothing but thugs.
How typical of you to read your hate into a subject. I made a factual statement. The police opened fire. Nothing you say or do will change that. I neither said nor implied that the police were murderers. If anything they were voluntary man-slaughters. You identify with the police who opened fire on a crowd after an explosion. A bomb that came from an unknown location and all the police started shooting into a crowd. Just how you would have reacted. If that happened today the settlements would be in the millions and numerous police officers would be charged and convicted. Now you understand why people like you when armed are poster children for gun control. When confronted with a situation that requires a cool headed response you would open fire on a crowd that had nothing to do with the bomb. Going through an entire magazine before the angry crowd disarmed you and pushed the rifle up your ass.

Thank God you are nobody.

PS Thank you for acknowledging I can suck my own dick. It takes me back to a time when we were poor. So poor that if I didn’t wake up with a hard-on, I didn’t have anything to play with the rest of the day. Typical you would say a dick like that would be puny.
Just one more thing you are wrong about.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #29
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Munchie, you seem to be obsessed with dicks. Have you seen a therapist? You just need to accept yourself for who you are, a wonderfully perfect child of the Universe. That will ease these sick obsessions of yours.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #30
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
So you are back to the bomb. One more time for your thick-headiness.
As we went round before, the holiday comes from the Haymarket Affair. The police opened fire on the strikers. I made no mention of the bomb or the pinkertons that assaulted the striking workers the day before. The same pinkertons who provoked the entire incident that you have failed to mention at all. The pinkertons who were nothing but thugs.
How typical of you to read your hate into a subject. I made a factual statement. The police opened fire. Nothing you say or do will change that. I neither said nor implied that the police were murderers. If anything they were voluntary man-slaughters. You identify with the police who opened fire on a crowd after an explosion. A bomb that came from an unknown location YOU are a fucking, lying moron. Every witness stated the bomb came from the crowd!!! and all the police started shooting into a crowd. And witnesses stated there were shots being fired at the police from the crowd. Just how you would have reacted. If that happened today the settlements would be in the millions and numerous police officers would be charged and convicted. Now you understand why people like you when armed are poster children for gun control. When confronted with a situation that requires a cool headed response you would open fire on a crowd that had nothing to do with the bomb. YOU are a fucking, lying moron. Someone in the crowd threw the damn bomb into police ranks. Going through an entire magazine before the angry crowd disarmed you and pushed the rifle up your ass.

Thank God you are nobody.

PS Thank you for acknowledging I can suck my own dick. It takes me back to a time when we were poor. So poor that if I didn’t wake up with a hard-on, I didn’t have anything to play with the rest of the day. Typical you would say a dick like that would be puny.
Just one more thing you are wrong about.
A dog can lick it's own dick. And since that's your sole accomplishment in life, have fun.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women