Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
test
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70762
biomed163024
Yssup Rider60667
gman4453278
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48597
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42376
CryptKicker37204
The_Waco_Kid36780
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 03-26-2021, 04:50 AM   #16
Badboy_71
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

A few years ago, I seeked out a Chuck Jones cartoon about a dog who sang opera: He grabbed a magician's tailcoat and all hell broke loose.

As a child, I was in stitches as he turned into a little child, a chinaman, a minstrel/blues singer, etc.
But as an adult, I was horrified at how the same characters were so demeaning to others and how inappropriate the content now was.

In concept, there is nothing wrong with being politically correct, as I believe the intent is to unite. Unfortunately, the PC police are very divisive, which has put us in this violent pendulum swing between PC and social pushback.

Not that anyone needs my validation, but being behind the leading edge of political correctness should not make you a pariah. We should own who we are and identify with the good and the bad. Engage with people as equals. As Dennis Miller once said: "Prejudice is stupid. If we just took the time to get to know people in the groups we hate, we could find a perfectly legitimate reason to hate them!"
Badboy_71 is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 06:23 AM   #17
BigDeal
Premium Access

Encounters: 69

And now they changing the characters on splash mountain at Disney.

I'm checking out what's next they start taking down confederate statues.
Wait? What?
BigDeal is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 07:51 AM   #18
Unique_Carpenter
Chasing a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

Cancel culture in full rampage.

One of my faves is "The Places You'll Go.

Here's a quote (modified for this board)...

Oh the places you'll go!
There is fun to be done.
There are points to be scored

(not from a mod).
There are games to be won
(naked twister, dirty word scrabble, hotel incall monopoly. Or, an alternative & my fav: There are smiles to be won)
And, the magical things you can do with that xxxx (which is where I always get distracted...)
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 07:52 AM   #19
Enchanterlingum
Valued Poster

Enchanterlingum is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 08:05 AM   #20
Cherokeechief
Premium Access

Encounters: 171

Limiting Free Speech is one of the first limitations on the way to Totalitarianism. Enchanterlingum you are correct.

Also Animal Farm.
Cherokeechief is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 08:16 AM   #21
SweetSuzanna
MILF Extrodinaire

User ID: 305703
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Wow..I love the comparison you made. I don’t believe dr Seuss made kids become racist, nor do I believe in publishing companies or anyone has the right to tell me what I can and can’t read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy_71 View Post
A few years ago, I seeked out a Chuck Jones cartoon about a dog who sang opera: He grabbed a magician's tailcoat and all hell broke loose.

As a child, I was in stitches as he turned into a little child, a chinaman, a minstrel/blues singer, etc.
But as an adult, I was horrified at how the same characters were so demeaning to others and how inappropriate the content now was.

In concept, there is nothing wrong with being politically correct, as I believe the intent is to unite. Unfortunately, the PC police are very divisive, which has put us in this violent pendulum swing between PC and social pushback.

Not that anyone needs my validation, but being behind the leading edge of political correctness should not make you a pariah. We should own who we are and identify with the good and the bad. Engage with people as equals. As Dennis Miller once said: "Prejudice is stupid. If we just took the time to get to know people in the groups we hate, we could find a perfectly legitimate reason to hate them!"
SweetSuzanna is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 04:14 PM   #22
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSuzanna View Post
What do you guys think about the Dr. Seuss scandal?
They are no longer printing six books of his mostly the older ones due to them being racist inappropriate and probably some other words. And yet you can go and buy the book Mein Kampth (spelling)?
eBay has decided to not let sellers sell the books anymore either. Is this ever going to end are we going to have any books left what happened to freedom of speech!!
Hitler's book is interesting reading. I read it in High School and it was the first time I came across a book that let you answer yes, and then yes again until your head was just answering yes. Then, wait a minute, I do not agree with this but you have been agreeing with the guy. NO That is not right, this is propaganda. The lesson here is: just because it is in a book it doesn't make it true.

Remember that type of propaganda now when you hear about the great Democratic Party and their plans for the USA. It may sound nice, until you think it through.
JRLawrence is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 04:19 PM   #23
Saint Expedite
Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeechief View Post
Limiting Free Speech is one of the first limitations on the way to Totalitarianism.
No one limited Free Speech. The Dr. Suess estate decided that the depictions of East Asians and Africans in these six books was problematic and not consistent with the Dr. Suess brand, so the Dr. Suess estate pulled publishing rights.

Quote:
I don’t believe dr Seuss made kids become racist, nor do I believe in publishing companies or anyone has the right to tell me what I can and can’t read.
The Publishing company only decided what they wanted to publish, that is their right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLawrence View Post
Remember that type of propaganda now when you hear about the great Democratic Party and their plans for the USA. It may sound nice, until you think it through.
If you want propaganda, try listening to a bunch of people blame "the left" for an internal decision made by a publishing company about what they do or don't want to publish.
Saint Expedite is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 04:20 PM   #24
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy_71 View Post

Just get to know people as individuals, and forget the groups and labels. Some people are ass holes, and would be ass holes regardless of the group or race they belong to.

I have a lot of asians in my family (I am not) and 1 or 2 could be called ass holes - but not because they are asians, or educated. They are just jerks because they choose to. I know a few blacks like that too. I don't care if they are black because it has nothing to do with their race.
Old 03-26-2021, 06:02 PM   #25
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Expedite View Post
No one limited Free Speech. The Dr. Suess estate decided that the depictions of East Asians and Africans in these six books was problematic and not consistent with the Dr. Suess brand, so the Dr. Suess estate pulled publishing rights.

The Publishing company only decided what they wanted to publish, that is their right.

If you want propaganda, try listening to a bunch of people blame "the left" for an internal decision made by a publishing company about what they do or don't want to publish.
Well now, another guy that can not follow what was and what was not written. I did not mention the publishing company. You would know that if you could pass a reading comprehension test, like the one in the SAT test. You must have gotten a low score on that and not gotten into college.

The Left, AKA Democrat Party, has been striving for this division in our society for decades. If you don't know that, you haven't been reading about what is going on; if you do know that, when you make these type of comments you are not being truthful.

Free speech is being limited: that is the point of the discussion, and you know it.
Old 04-01-2021, 12:47 PM   #26
SweetSuzanna
MILF Extrodinaire

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I never said the government banned them

QUOTE=Best_peter;1062402749]I think it's time to turn off the Fox News...

The government didn't ban these books, the company that owns them decided to stop printing them. Ebay is also a private company that can decide what is and is not sold on its platform. A quick eBay search also shows you can't by "Mein Kampf" by Adolf Hitler there as well. (You can, however, buy plenty of books about said book by other authors)

If you *really* need a children's book with the word "Chinaman" or illustrations that make Africans look like jungle animals there's a whole internet outside of Ebay that can sell it to you... such is the "free market." Hell, there's probably a whole internet full of free copies of them if you take the time to look.[/QUOTE]
Old 04-01-2021, 12:51 PM   #27
SweetSuzanna
MILF Extrodinaire

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

But I did get lucky and found one of these books at a thrift store laying randomly on a shelf amongst a bunch of junk. Paid one dollar for it. Went home to list it on eBay only to find eBay was no longer allowing it to be sold. So I guess I’ll just keep it
Old 04-01-2021, 03:47 PM   #28
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
But I did get lucky and found one of these books at a thrift store laying randomly on a shelf amongst a bunch of junk. Paid one dollar for it. Went home to list it on eBay only to find eBay was no longer allowing it to be sold. So I guess I’ll just keep it

dammit...thats wrong!!!!
DallasRain is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 06:21 AM   #29
JohnnyGleet
Premium Access

Encounters: 18

Lenny. As a plus you get to see Valerie Perrines boobs.
JohnnyGleet is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 01:46 PM   #30
Passerby
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1

Republicans: Private companies can deny service to anyone!!

Also Republicans: Private companies deciding not to republish books I don't give a shit about is an attack on free speech. I don't know how but that's what Fox News, Newsmaxx, OAN and Parler are feeding me /que the sound of chode being swallowed
Passerby is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women