Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > Coed Discussions - Austin
test
Coed Discussions - Austin Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 258
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70647
biomed162176
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453188
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48289
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41212
CryptKicker37164
Mokoa36490
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: "I will respect women of all ages and in every circumstance."
Agree 21 52.50%
Disagree 19 47.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2010, 02:30 PM   #16
tron
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

I don't have any respect for the provider who was a bait & switch, and then stole cash from my wallet while I was in the shower. So, Dogger, would you respect her?

That being said, I give everyone a degree of respect initially. Some get more based on their actions and others get less.
tron is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:58 PM   #17
Whispers
Hope I haven't bored you!

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtxghost View Post
I can't roll with this one. And let me put my short philosophy out there:
Common courtesy should always be extended and expected.
Respect is earned, not given.
Don't confuse my act of common courtesy with respect.
Most of the people who have earned respect rarely have to demand it.
Earned respect is recognized.
People who demand respect usually have not done anything to earn it.
Assholes respect nothing.

Much better stated than I could ever do.
Whispers is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:02 PM   #18
austinkboy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37

What if we try reversing the poll to "I respect men of every age...every circumstance." Agree/Disagree? Would you see a provider that agreed with that statement?
austinkboy is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #19
TheDogger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

I'll chime in at some point on the reasoning for the poll...sorry for the ambiguity but I felt that to be more specific would create too much specificity. Bottom line, how do you proceed in life on a day by day basis. That is the spirit of the poll.

Each city as well as National has its own perspective. Fun to watch.

Many thanks to all who've express in this thread.
TheDogger is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:49 PM   #20
austinkboy
Valued Poster

I think the discussion is more telling than the results, since the actual poll itself is fundamentally bipolar on a ambiguous question. It does not allow for that "grey" which everything is.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:01 PM   #21
irishlad
Valued Poster

I think it's a matter of definition.

Respect is a feeling
Respect is a behavior - showing deference
Disrespect generally means being an asshole.

Those are actually 3 completely different things based on the same word.

I bet 80% here would say that the feeling of respect and the behavior of deference is to be earned. I also think 80% would say it is better to just avoid and ignore those we don't respect than be assholes to them.

I also think a vocal frequently posting 20% would argue that they want to "keep it real" and that when someone disrespects them or they think someone is not worthy of respect for some "valid" reason generally equating to behavior or positions they disagree with, they are entitled and even obligated by a moral code to be an (disrespectful) asshole to them.
irishlad is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:56 PM   #22
Slotgoop
Valued Poster

When I first clicked "View Poll Results", it showed the responders handles under each option letting me know who voted for what. I've never noticed that feature in previous polls.
Slotgoop is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:01 AM   #23
harkontume
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slotgoop View Post
When I first clicked "View Poll Results", it showed the responders handles under each option letting me know who voted for what. I've never noticed that feature in previous polls.

That is interesting.

And I so I must explain.
1. Since polls do not respect anonymity. I wont be responding to any polls from hence forth.
2. Respect is not something that is due ANYONE. It is earned. I am respectful to ALL strangers giving the benefit of the doubt. But there are a few women (and men) in the world I do not respect. Ergo.. the answer.

As for "clarifying" your intent days after posting. That is ridiculous. Your intent needs to be clear at the onset and worded to reflect your intent.
See how it works? Now I and many others do not "respect" your postings and you come across as a silly superficial suckup.

Not good.
harkontume is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:38 AM   #24
Rand Al'Thor

Encounters: 3

Many have already stated this, but you seem to make no distinction between civility and respect. Those are different things. I won't repeat the differences, dead horse and all.

This poll, as stated, is sexist at best. Women should feel insulted that they are "owed" respect by virtue of their genitalia, and they are excluded from being able to earn respect by who they are, what they do, and their behavior.
Rand Al'Thor is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:44 AM   #25
Guest110911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 13

hey...even assholes can be respectful when it is EARNED
Guest110911 is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:40 AM   #26
Sensual Sophia
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 146
My ECCIE Reviews

I won't be judging anyone by their response to this poll as I don't really understand it. But I'm also thinking you guys should stop picking on the guy. He did generate an interesting conversation, even if the poll was ambiguous and confusing.
Sensual Sophia is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:04 AM   #27
Rand Al'Thor

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensual Sophia View Post
I won't be judging anyone by their response to this poll as I don't really understand it. But I'm also thinking you guys should stop picking on the guy. He did generate an interesting conversation, even if the poll was ambiguous and confusing.
Sophia, while I enjoy your posts and perspective, I have to disagree with this one.

The wording on this "poll" is not an accident. It is intentional, and very targeted. It is a divisive poll, designed to pit one side against the other. While you have enough insight into the responses given, you still saw the need to state that you would not be judging anyone by their answers here. That tells me that those who disagreed with this poll are automatically seen as those who tend to "disrespect" women.

This is a soundbite - no explanation, easy to rally for, until you think about what it really says.
Rand Al'Thor is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:30 AM   #28
Spacemtn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtxghost View Post
I can't roll with this one. And let me put my short philosophy out there:
Common courtesy should always be extended and expected.
Respect is earned, not given.
Don't confuse my act of common courtesy with respect.
Most of the people who have earned respect rarely have to demand it.
Earned respect is recognized.
People who demand respect usually have not done anything to earn it.
Assholes respect nothing.

+1

Spacemtn
Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
Spacemtn is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:08 PM   #29
austinkboy
Valued Poster

Yes, this poll is fundamentally flawed. If you compare the comments and the voting, there seems to be somewhat of consensus that it is not in every circumstance that respect is due. Yet the same people agreeing are voting "agree" as well as "disagree". I think that is because people fundamentally "agree" philosophically, but because the the way the question is stated, mathematically (logically) if you can think of even one woman that you don't respect, OR one circumstance in which the answer is "not agree" (notice I didn't use the word "disagree" but used the word "not agree" by which I want to emphasize lack of agreement as compared to opposition to agreement.), then the answer given the choice of "agree" or "disagree" is "disagree". The question is not a "most of the time" but all or none.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:46 PM   #30
Budman
BANNED

Encounters: 19

I'm curious about those of you who voted "agree". His question was absolute with zero room for the exception. Can you honestly say that no matter what, you would respect a woman? I could list numerous real life scenarios where I believe it would be impossible to have anything but contempt for a particular woman. Did you vote based on what you wanted the poll to mean: "Respect for the women that have made your lives more enjoyable and have shown no behavior that would warrant disrespect" or was it the polically correct vote?
Budman is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women