Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 09-19-2012, 05:06 PM   #16
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Skylar, dont expect mainstream conservative discussion in here. In fact, don't expect to read much in here that makes sense at all. Between their hatred of President Obama and unwillingness to consider anything outside of their bubble, you're gonna get the same old shit from the same old men in every thread here.

Unabashed hijacking off.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #17
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Warning against considering releasing a WTC terrorist is "blowing it out of proportion". Only in your alternate reality, CBJ7, only in yours.

But you will defend Obama to the very end. Even releasing a terrorist who bombed the WTC. Amazing.
You don't believe anything and you believe everything.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #18
Sidewinder
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarCruzWantsYou View Post
So I guess we should let our citizens just rot in jail? I was just saying do you think you could come up with any safe alternatives to get American prisoners back home without jeopardizing lives or succumbing to the Egyptian government.
Basically, there aren't any.

There's this fundamental choice, Sky, known as "the carrot and the stick". Egypt, or at least some Egyptians, right now believes they can hold out for a really big pile of carrots, with no risk of receiving the stick. If they're right, then every other pissant tinpot scumbag on the planet will go for his own personal pile of carrots.

The details of this approach were summarized quite nicely by Rudyard Kipling, in "Dane-Geld: AD 980-1016". http://www.kipling.org.uk/poems_danegeld.htm

I think you will agree that we don't want that.

Israel has understood this for decades. They have a no-exceptions policy of not negotiating with terrorists, no matter who urges them to do so, no matter how high the stakes, because the out-year stakes are a lot higher.

The alternative is the stick, military force, or, more precisely, a credible threat thereof. Jimmy Carter tried the carrot with Iran. It failed. Carter also attempted to snatch the hostages back, but something went horribly wrong. I've heard a couple of variations on the story; I'm quite certain I haven't heard anything that even remotely resembles the full story on what happened at Desert Base One. (One of Beckwith's classmates, a former coworker of mine, absolutely refuses to accept the official version, saying "Chargin' Charlie" never went off and thought about ANYTHING: he made his decisions instantly and went with them.) When Reagan was elected, Iran figured out very quickly that he was made of a very different metal than Carter was, and the hostages were on their way home before the inauguration.

I will make, here, a flat prediction. Obama will not use the stick. Period.

I will add an opinion. Obama cannot credibly threaten to use the stick. Everyone on the planet knows he doesn't have the stomach for it.

And there's the rub. We can't afford the carrots, and Obama won't use the stick.

I can think of one strategy that might work. Explain to Egypt that, for every day that they continue to hold any of our people, our aid to Egypt will be reduced by 1%. PERMANENTLY. Then make it stick, and start turning the screw. The appropriate way to deliver that message is by handing it to their chief ambassador to the United States, and then declaring him persona non grata and ordering him to leave the US within 72 hours. Oh, and by the way, the clock starts when the letter is handed to the ambassador, not when he hands it over to the rulers of Egypt, so he should probably stop by his embassy's radio room before he waddles his Egyptian butt to the airport.
Sidewinder is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #19
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

I think we should release him.
First release his feet, then his hands, then his head attached to the carcass of a pig.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #20
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
So I guess we should let our citizens just rot in jail?
In this instance, absolutely. Releasing the Blind Sheik will embolden radical Islamist and endanger millions of other western citizens.

Quote:
I was just saying do you think you could come up with any safe alternatives to get American prisoners back home without jeopardizing lives or succumbing to the Egyptian government.

Also why is this the only website I can find this subject on? The rest are forums and conservative blogs- stating back to the February 2012. Wouldn't this exchange have already happened by now? If anybody has any more links to provide more info about this situation that would be great.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...Sheik-The-Goal

Here's another instance where releasing an extremist didn't bode well for the U.S.

Al Qaeda, ex-Gitmo detainee involved in consulate attack, intelligence sources say

Intelligence sources tell Fox News they are convinced the deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, was directly tied to Al Qaeda -- with a former Guantanamo detainee involved.

http://nation.foxnews.com/libya-consulate-attack/2012/09/19/intelligence-sources-al-qaeda-ex-gitmo-detainee-involved-consulate-attack
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:37 AM   #21
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Skylar asks why we don't know about this. A couple of weeks ago the story broke about 15 American sailors being held by Chavez. They had already been held for ten days when the story broke! Why had we never heard a single word about that? It is our Obama lovin, shit eatin media that can be blamed.

I'm more interested in the comments from our leftist members if, a big if, Obama is reelected and the trade happens will you be outraged or applauding?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women