Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162376
Yssup Rider60212
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48391
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41259
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35638
Mojojo33117

Old 07-11-2014, 08:18 PM   #16
Guest051115
Account Disabled

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers View Post
I don't believe that we should punish a savage act by yet another act of savagery.

His mental state needs to be evaluated and then, let the courts decide.

What has happened is tragic. "In Cold Blood" was a book that covered another family murder and it was so chilling. For whatever reason, when I was reading about what happened in Spring, I was reminded of that other family.

I'm sure the people in Houston are just stunned this happened. It's completely horrible.
Hate to be cynical but I wonder if you'd be saying this if the perp was black. Not all but many in the majority say stuff like this and seem to be quick to play the insanity defense with whites but far less compassionate when the perp is a minority. That may not be you but I wonder sometimes generally speaking.
Guest051115 is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:59 PM   #17
Mr. Romantic
Premium Access

Encounters: 14

I don't care if he's white, black, asian, etc. etc. etc. - we need deterrent punishments in this country whether these perps are crazy or not. The death penalty is too limited and takes too long, and incarceration simply doesn't work for many criminals.

That YouTube video of torture methods was pretty interesting, especially the rack, and of course quartering. Do that a few times on national tv and see how it impacts the murder rate.

Anyone waiting for The Purge 2 to come out?
Mr. Romantic is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:19 AM   #18
Don T. Lukbak
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanzibar789 View Post
Hate to be cynical but I wonder if you'd be saying this if the perp was black.
You wonder because of your race obsession.

Any mention of race in discussing this atrocity is a sign of mental deficiency or mental illness. Which is it in your case?
Don T. Lukbak is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:43 AM   #19
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Romantic View Post
I don't care if he's white, black, asian, etc. etc. etc. - we need deterrent punishments in this country whether these perps are crazy or not. The death penalty is too limited and takes too long, and incarceration simply doesn't work for many criminals.

That YouTube video of torture methods was pretty interesting, especially the rack, and of course quartering. Do that a few times on national tv and see how it impacts the murder rate....
You're arguments are in conflict and they're not very romantic. Think about what you wrote. "Incarceration simply doesn't work ... " and then, you suggest that showing violence towards another would work to curb the hard core criminals.

Well, crime rates have been dramatically falling already and for decades. Read and study a bit deeper. I know that violence makes for good news but we're all doing the right things. I do think that we could do more.

It's been proven, over and over, that the death penalty isn't a deterrent with regard to the crime rate.

IF locking up criminals doesn't help. If having the death penalty has no bearing on this type of behavior, then why would you think that showing live torture on television would do anything but cause a horrifying reaction on the masses?

People like to be cooperative, generally speaking. There are always going to be sociopaths and a criminal element in society. It's part of who we are.

Having state sanctioned torture doesn't make sense for a civilized society. And that's why we're the ONLY country of our "type" to even offer the death penalty.

It's crazy. And you're insane if you really wish to have something so brutal, live, shown on American television with our children (and adults!) watching.

And do you KNOW why the crime rate is going down? It's because of education and the promotion of equal rights for women in other countries and this one, too.

Education, and continuing to promote education through all levels of society, is key. I'm oversimplifying, I know.

Showing torture on television to curb the crime rate? Jeesh. It's always fun to throw out a statement like that in theory but think about what you're writing, first.
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:56 AM   #20
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Hate to be cynical but I wonder if you'd be saying this if the perp was black. Not all but many in the majority say stuff like this and seem to be quick to play the insanity defense with whites but far less compassionate when the perp is a minority. That may not be you but I wonder sometimes generally speaking.
I'll bite. What you wrote is reasonable.

However, I feel differently. I think, and I'm older and remember segregation, etc., that things are getting better, race wise.

I remember how things were as a child in the 60's and 70's. I also know how things have changed. Have they changed enough? Of course not.

Again, education is key. If we can lift up others, and educate them and let different people from all walks of life thrive (I'm REALLY not as Polly Anna as I'm sounding now!), and focus on equal rights for women and men ... we will continue to see progress.

This situation? This awful murder? This is something that just happens. I know that bringing in the idea that if it was a black guy that we would somehow be saying to others, with more frequency, hang 'em high, is a very valid statement.

However, I would like to offer just a different viewpoint, a little bit of one.

Here in Garland, Texas (where I'm located) last fall, there was some white 18 year old kid who went into a 7-11 and just viciously shot and killed an Ethopian worker there. It was senseless and the kid admitted to just wanting to know how it would be to kill someone.

White. Upper middle class neighborhood. Regular kid. You should have READ the comments on wfaa.com I'm not going to worry about using quotations correctly on a Saturday morning but the responses were vicious. Kill him, he should be shot in the face, hang him from the highest tree, sociopaths like that don't deserve to walk the streets, let him drink poison and him die a slow and painful death, an easy death is too good for him, etc..

The comments seem to come from white collar type of people. They knew how to articulate. It was chilling for me to read.

So those type of sentiments run really deep in our society. And I get it. I do. But I see that same reaction to white kids as well. Hispanics, too.

There is a lot of hatred, and more important, FEAR in our hearts.

I went on a tangent. Sorry. But I don't think that you deserve to be clobbered for your statements. I just wish that we could move away from that type of thinking at times.

Best,
Elisabeth
Old 07-12-2014, 07:57 AM   #21
Guest051115
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don T. Lukbak View Post
You wonder because of your race obsession.

Any mention of race in discussing this atrocity is a sign of mental deficiency or mental illness. Which is it in your case?
I'm human so maybe it's both I can assure you one thing I have a good heart and once my time is up on earth I expect to be rewarded on the other side. ;-)
Old 07-12-2014, 08:13 AM   #22
Guest051115
Account Disabled

Quote:
I'll bite. What you wrote is reasonable.

However, I feel differently. I think, and I'm older and remember segregation, etc., that things are getting better, race wise.

I remember how things were as a child in the 60's and 70's. I also know how things have changed. Have they changed enough? Of course not.

Again, education is key. If we can lift up others, and educate them and let different people from all walks of life thrive (I'm REALLY not as Polly Anna as I'm sounding now!), and focus on equal rights for women and men ... we will continue to see progress.

This situation? This awful murder? This is something that just happens. I know that bringing in the idea that if it was a black guy that we would somehow be saying to others, with more frequency, hang 'em high.

But here in Garland, Texas last fall, there was some white 18 year old kid who went into a 7-11 and just viciously shot and killed an Ethopian worker there. It was senseless and the kid admitted to just wanting to know how it would be to kill someone.

White. Upper middle class neighborhood. Regular kid. You should have READ the comments on wfaa.com I'm not going to worry about using quotations correctly on a Saturday morning but the responses were vicious. Kill him, he should be shot in the face, hang him from the highest tree, sociopaths like that don't deserve to walk the streets, let him drink poison and him die a slow and painful death, an easy death is too good for him, etc..

The comments seem to come from white collar type of people. They knew how to articulate. It was chilling for me to read.

So those type of sentiments run really deep in our society. And I get it. I do. But I see that same reaction to white kids as well. Hispanics, too.

There is a lot of hatred, and more important, FEAR in our hearts.

I went on a tangent. Sorry. But I don't think that you deserve to be clobbered for your statements. I just wish that we could move away from that type of thinking at times.

Best,
Elisabeth
Let me start by saying nice response. I agree with most of it. I personally haven't seen anyone clobber me because I'm not seeing the full justification of their arguments. You seem like a baby boomer while I'm stuck somewhere between the Gen X and Gen Y mentality. I agree race wise things are better but things have also morphed into something even more sinister. Consider this Southern Poverty Law Center study.

Quote:
Obama's election as the first African-American president and his pro-gun control stance have fueled the increase in anti-government groups, according to the report.
Quote:
The number of American "patriot" extremist groups has reached a record level, according to a new study, and experts are warning of a wave of anti-government violence.
Quote:
A report released Tuesday by the Southern Poverty Law Center counted 1,360 "patriot" extremist groups in 2012 -- up by 7% from 2011. The study defines patriot groups as anti-government militias driven by their fear that authorities will strip them of their guns and liberties.
Quote:
Extremists, Gletty warned, "are in a battle in their minds. Their backs are against the wall."
Source
Old 07-12-2014, 09:09 AM   #23
Mr. Romantic
Premium Access

Quote:
You're arguments are in conflict and they're not very romantic. Think about what you wrote. "Incarceration simply doesn't work ... " and then, you suggest that showing violence towards another would work to curb the hard core criminals.

Well, crime rates have been dramatically falling already and for decades. Read and study a bit deeper. I know that violence makes for good news but we're all doing the right things. I do think that we could do more.

It's been proven, over and over, that the death penalty isn't a deterrent with regard to the crime rate.

IF locking up criminals doesn't help. If having the death penalty has no bearing on this type of behavior, then why would you think that showing live torture on television would do anything but cause a horrifying reaction on the masses?

People like to be cooperative, generally speaking. There are always going to be sociopaths and a criminal element in society. It's part of who we are.

Having state sanctioned torture doesn't make sense for a civilized society. And that's why we're the ONLY country of our "type" to even offer the death penalty.

It's crazy. And you're insane if you really wish to have something so brutal, live, shown on American television with our children (and adults!) watching.

And do you KNOW why the crime rate is going down? It's because of education and the promotion of equal rights for women in other countries and this one, too.

Education, and continuing to promote education through all levels of society, is key. I'm oversimplifying, I know.

Showing torture on television to curb the crime rate? Jeesh. It's always fun to throw out a statement like that in theory but think about what you're writing, first.
Sweetie, it's just some dark sarcasm produced by the anger I have towards this guy for being a coward and not blowing his own head off when he should have. I was actually anti-death penalty before I moved to Texas, but this guy only reinforces my belief that we need it. Just wish they didn't have to drag it out so long in cases of undisputed guilt. Fast track to the needle would save taxpayers a lot of money.
Mr. Romantic is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:42 AM   #24
Don T. Lukbak
Valued Poster

I reluctantly concur the death penalty is sometimes necessary, for criminals whose crime is so heinous they've simply forfeited their natural right to exist. Lethal injection is a sorry way to do it though...it's more a sop to delicate sensibilities among the public than a kindness to the condemned. It is definitely better, though, than the electric chair or gas chamber.

The falling axe, the guillotine, was very quick and painless. Counterintuitively, arterial hemorrhaging stopped almost immediately and left little mess.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:52 AM   #25
Out_of_Bounds
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

To the OP's question I think simply placing him in a jail cell for the remainder of his existence on this plane of reality to contemplate what he's done is suffering enough. Hopefully he'll get a clue and on the next go around he'll not repeat the same mistake.
Out_of_Bounds is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:42 AM   #26
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out_of_Bounds View Post
To the OP's question I think simply placing him in a jail cell for the remainder of his existence on this plane of reality to contemplate what he's done is suffering enough. Hopefully he'll get a clue and on the next go around he'll not repeat the same mistake.
Beautifully, and succinctly, written. I agree.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:48 AM   #27
Guest012615
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out_of_Bounds View Post

That's nice and all, but you're paying for his meals and medical care for the rest of his life.
Guest012615 is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:00 AM   #28
Don T. Lukbak
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickerman1 View Post
That's nice and all, but you're paying for his meals and medical care for the rest of his life.
The other side would argue that would be less costly than the execution process. It shouldn't be...but it is.

What does the surviving family want? I don't know, but I would want to quicksmart and personally put his ass down. We all know that won't happen, so I believe my second choice would be some other form of quick finality..a plea bargain with waived right to appeal in exchange for life in prison without parole. That way I wouldn't be tormented by parole hearings for the mangy cocksucker for the rest of my life.

Of course you'd actually have to have the experience before you know for sure what you'd want, so I'm perfectly happy just guessing ...
Old 07-12-2014, 12:39 PM   #29
ackvt
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don T. Lukbak View Post
There's no earthly punishment harsh enough to fit his crime. I believe his real punishment will come after he's dead.
I can't argue with that but why risk it?
ackvt is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:41 PM   #30
ackvt
Valued Poster

Quote:
Same reason Osama's singular death wasn't equivalent to the 3000+ he took.
I always thought handing Osama over to the NYPD and or NYFD and let them take care of it would be appropriate.
ackvt is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women