Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70706
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60355
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48435
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41498
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35866
Mojojo33117

Old 10-11-2020, 07:19 PM   #16
winn dixie
BANNED

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam3768 View Post
Way to go Trixie. What a lame response.

Here you were handed a post that should have been right up your alley. But instead of engaging in an intelligent exchange of thoughts and ideas, You start whining, crying and pointing fingers at the other side. Again. Same as you always do.

When you were a kid on the playground, you were the one everybody picked on because you were such a whiny tattle tail. Isn't it funny how some things never change.

I'm sure you will soon respond to this post because you can never keep your mouth shut. But I don't really care if you actually do or not. Because I will not waste my time reading any more of your lame ass posts.
You cant handle the truth! Take your marbles and cry to momma! Everything i posted is the truth! You just dont accept it! To be expected of an antifa member
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 07:20 PM   #17
winn dixie
BANNED

Quote:

Here you were handed a post that should have been right up your alley. But instead of engaging in an intelligent exchange of thoughts and ideas, You start whining, crying and pointing fingers at the other side. Again. Same as you always do.

When you were a kid on the playground, you were the one everybody picked on because you were such a whiny tattle tail. Isn't it funny how some things never change.

I'm sure you will soon respond to this post because you can never keep your mouth shut. But I don't really care if you actually do or not. Because I will not waste my time reading any more of your lame ass posts.
Hey TWK!

This one is biggly mad!

bahahahahahahahahhaahhahahaha
Old 10-11-2020, 07:25 PM   #18
oeb11
Valued Poster

Originally Posted by Jam3768

J and 'promises" are completely empty - just as they have nothing cogent or constructive to comment on issues.

I could only wish J would keep its' word and not read posts - but even if it keeps its' word - which DDPST's never do - it won't make a difference in the forum. Comments reflect no comprehension - just insults name-calling and scatology. It is a rd grade level that passes for debate on issues among 'teh' Teacher's Unions educated of 'teh' DDPST's!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 07:30 PM   #19
pfunkdenver
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Most welfare recipients are not capable of taking one big step and becoming self-sufficient in a short period of time.
Nice theory. Got any evidence? Links?
pfunkdenver is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 07:31 PM   #20
oeb11
Valued Poster

p is on ignore!
Made my sunday better!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 07:41 PM   #21
reddog1951
Premium Access

Encounters: 3

Simple question for simple minds. What is the reason you think the majority of recipients are on welfare?
reddog1951 is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 07:53 PM   #22
winn dixie
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog1951 View Post
Simple question for simple minds. What is the reason you think the majority of recipients are on welfare?
What is the reason you think the majority of recipients are on welfare?

Really did you just ask that?
Please at least try!
Old 10-12-2020, 06:28 AM   #23
Jam3768
BANNED

Encounters: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
Originally Posted by Jam3768

J and 'promises" are completely empty - just as they have nothing cogent or constructive to comment on issues.

I could only wish J would keep its' word and not read posts - but even if it keeps its' word - which DDPST's never do - it won't make a difference in the forum. Comments reflect no comprehension - just insults name-calling and scatology. It is a rd grade level that passes for debate on issues among 'teh' Teacher's Unions educated of 'teh' DDPST's!
Obbie -- haven't seen any of your posts lately. It's been kind of nice.

I post about the need for welfare reform and here you are still painting me with your marxist dpts fake tan orange paint brush. Not one comment about my actual post, which should be right up your alley. Truly incredible.

Consider yourself on ignore too.
Jam3768 is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 06:30 AM   #24
oeb11
Valued Poster

Thank You for your veiled insults - J
Just 'teh' usual marxist Groupthink and Double speak.

I would be honored to be 'ignored' by such a valueless poster.

But - you won't.

LOL

The RTM button is your little friend - !
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 08:59 PM   #25
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by texassapper View Post
AN interesting article on a pretty well known experiment in animal behaviour.

This is what happens to societies that give the children participation trophies.

He wanted to pack the courts too... (What is it with Liberals and their inability to understand the Constitution.)

We've subsidized bad human behaviour and now we will get more of it. Until we stop subsidizing it.
This is a thought provoking article. I'd apply it not only to able bodied people with job opportunities who choose to live off the dole, but also to the "trust fund mutant," that is, someone who's never worked a day in his life because Daddy supported him. Neither type is as happy as he would be if he were self reliant and productive.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 09:27 PM   #26
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
This country desperately needs to have welfare reform but no politician will ever touch it. Probably because of a fear of losing votes. The current law allows you to receive welfare benefits indefinitely. Receiving welfare is not just a lifetime sentence for the person receiving the benefits. Future generations of that family will also receive the same sentence.

Most welfare recipients are not capable of taking one big step and becoming self-sufficient in a short period of time. Most of them are capable of taking baby steps toward becoming self-sufficient, but the current system offers them no incentive to do so. Every additional dollar they earn brings a corresponding loss in welfare along with it. Getting a better job nets them no extra income. Most of them can't see why they should bother doing that, so they don't.

Finally, over the years politicians have found some very creative ways to camouflage how much is actively spent on welfare each year. An example of this is food stamps. Food stamps are not considered to be a welfare expenditure at all. They are part of the farm bill every year. In fact food stamps are annually the biggest single expenditure of the farm bill.

Another example is the refundable tax credits. These are listed in the payment section of Form 1040 and will add to your refund if your tax liability has been satisfied. The worst of these is the Earned Income Tax Credit. This first appeared in 1973 and has been increased by every president since. For 2020, a married couple with 3 children making slightly less than $20,000.00 will received an EITC of $6,600.00. Yes you read that right.

Now add that to the Additional Child Tax Credit of $5,400.00 they will get and this family will get a tax refund of $12,000.00 even if they had no federal income tax withheld from their paychecks. Think about that for a minute. In the 15 minutes it takes for them to have their tax return prepared, they will receive more than 1/3 of the total money they get that is related to their job for the entire year.

Of course this leads to rampant tax fraud with welfare queens that do not file taxes selling their kid's SSN's to the highest bidder so that person can get these refundable credits on their tax return. The measures taken by the IRS so far to combat this have been completely ineffective and totally worthless. Again, these refundable tax credits do not count as a welfare expenditure.

I do not see this changing anytime soon. First, it has taken us roughly 80 years since the beginning of social programs for us to get to this point. We are not going to fix this overnight. Second, no politician wants to even attempt this because of the large block of voters this would alienate. The last thing I saw about this said that 45% of all Americans now receive some sort of social assistance. I can't remember if that number included people on Social Security or not. Even so, that is a huge block of voters that no politician will ever want to risk alienating.

So we are stuck with this until the country can no longer afford it anymore. Then what happens? Who knows? But it will not be anything good.
Excellent post, one of the best on here in a while. I'm not sure why you and Winn Dixie got into it, as I think you both agree on this one, except maybe who's responsible. I'd probably assign more blame to Democrats, but yeah, Republicans have played a part too. We need something like the Bill Clinton/Newt Gingrich welfare reform package from the 1990's, although as you say this is not something that's easy to fix.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 10:29 PM   #27
Jam3768
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Excellent post, one of the best on here in a while. I'm not sure why you and Winn Dixie got into it, as I think you both agree on this one, except maybe who's responsible. I'd probably assign more blame to Democrats, but yeah, Republicans have played a part too. We need something like the Bill Clinton/Newt Gingrich welfare reform package from the 1990's, although as you say this is not something that's easy to fix.
Thank you very much Tiny.

The 2 people with whom I got into it regarding this probably never even took the time to actually read my post. They just started slinging mud and pointing fingers as usual.

I figured both of them would at least somewhat agree with me if they actually took the time to read what I said. I thought for sure at least one of them would agree to some degree. But no. Instead they both did what they always do.
Jam3768 is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 11:22 PM   #28
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfunkdenver View Post
Nice theory. Got any evidence? Links?
I only know one person who has ever been on welfare. I was shocked when he told me how much money he received. I was like no wonder so many people are content sitting on their lazy broke asses and not working.

He wanted to work but like many in 2008, he was laid off from his job and was struggling to find a new one and had a family to feed. He was embarrassed when he told me. I immediately put him at ease and just told him you'll get back on your feet and if you hate being on welfare, you can always pay every cent back if it bothers you so much and you believe that will make you feel better.
Lucas McCain is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 11:27 PM   #29
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong View Post
Idk. What if you're actually mentally handicapped and really too dumb to afford a descent living?

this is about healthy people mooching off. not sick people who are in need of help.

these people are in special category in all itself. this can get tricky.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 01:54 AM   #30
texassapper
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong View Post
I believe that most capable people would choose to work hard to achieve financial success over living at the very bottom of the social ladder and collecting checks from the government.
You REALLY don't know any poor people do you?

Through family circumstances I have extended family relatives that are really poor... I mean S. Dallas poor. And their is a pathology that runs through that class of folks that would astonish the average person. Most poor WOULD NOT CHOOSE to work... most have alcohol and drug dependencies that make having a real job impossible.

And lets not talk about education.

If you ask them if they want to be rich and successful the answer is of course and they'll do anything to get there. Until Monday morning when the alarm goes off.

Generally poor people aren't poor because they are unlucky, they are poor because they make poor decisions. They cannot restrain themselves from drinking, smoking, or spending their money the moment they have it. They don't use birth control, they don't finish school, and they don't plan much past the end of the weekend. That's why they always seem to have bad luck. You know the DUI, the petty crimes, the unwanted children... Being poor in a land of opportunity like a America is a fcuking choice. Maybe not a conscious one, but it's a choice never-the-less.
texassapper is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women