Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #16
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Leave it to WTF to make something so pleasurable sound so distasteful. I guess that is the world that WTF lives in but I choose not.

Not everything is the fault of liberals because people are people and even moderates and conservatives can make mistakes. Liberalism itself is the problem. It doesn't work in the long run. Unless there is someone around to make unpopular, tough decisions then it doesn't get done. Same for some money grubbing bastard who works hard, finds his (or hers) niche, becomes successful, creates jobs, and then gets taxed at confiscatory rates to support those who can't or won't support themselves. If they didn't do what they do then the libs would have no one to tax for the poor.

As for the mentally or emotionally unstable people walking the streets. We are not even discussing the problem even though many here do recognize that it is a problem. Where is the mental instability act? The emotionally unsecured bill? The anger management mandate? Yes, it will no doubt clash with personal freedoms but until we have the conversation it won't get fixed.

So why don't the liberals bring it up? They are the ones who say they "care" about people so I expect that they should lead the way. How far can we go to protect society? I think the libs are afraid to bring it up because someone will ask what did we do before and how did it get this way? The libs will be put in the position of having to explain what they did 30 years ago in New York.

So what can we expect? More of the same old tried and true failed policies. Since 1968 gun control has been the go to solution to violence. It hasn't worked.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #17
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedman55 View Post
No Are all the libtards?

Don't know ask one of them.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #18
Seedy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Don't know ask one of them.
I did, no responses. Lol
Seedy is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #19
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
The problem is dangerous crazy people are allowed to roam freely until they kill someone. We used to institutionalize people like that; liberals put an end to that.

It was liberals that forced us to let dangerous crazy people out of the sanitariums.
I have always struggled with this issue, but since it seems clear to you I will ask:

What should be the rules/standards for locking someone up who has not done anything yet? Whose word should be good enough that they MIGHT do something bad? I thought in general Conservatives didn't believe in preemptive incarceration.

And before you absolve your friends, the whole "empty the institutions" was an area where conservatives & liberals agreed, but for different reasons. Libs argued it was against the individual's liberties (typically a conservative belief, no?) and conservatives argued it would be so much cheaper. It's like keeping prostitution illegal--both sides use different arguments to reach the same end.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #20
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
That's a bogus argument you Libtards use all the time.

But I guess when your only answer for any problem is to raise taxes and spend money they parade out retards like you.
Out of curiocity, how would YOU do it for free? Lock them up without the very expensive care it takes to give them any hope of getting out?
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #21
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

One thing that is not mentioned is that while the perpetrators have been being treated for mental illness, their reaction to their medication appears to be more at fault than the mental illness they had. Everyone has some sort of mental problem from time to time, and doctors are very quick to prescribe psychotropic drugs as treatment. These drugs are VERY DANGEROUS when given to the wrong person, or in the wrong quantity. The average person with depression, neuroses, or even bi-polar may be well capable of handling a firearm responsibly. However, put that person on the wrong medication, or even any medication, you may be asking for trouble.

And do you really want the government deciding who is mentally fit enough to own a gun? Really? Of course, some are obvious, but most witnesses say they never would believe their (neighbor, friend, etc.) would do something like that. Check their prescription drugs, that's the likely reason for a sudden change in behavior.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #22
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
That's a bogus argument you Libtards use all the time.

But I guess when your only answer for any problem is to raise taxes and spend money they parade out retards like you.
Really...

Who runs this state? Democrats? The state cuts funding , shifting cost to the local community. Right or wrong that is a fact and another fact is the Repub's run this state and they are the ones responsible.

http://assets.bizjournals.com/housto...-services.html
Houston Business Journal
Texas cut state mental health care by at least 3 percent from fiscal year 2009 to fiscal year 2011, ranking it 26th in the nation proportionately for amount cut, according to a national report released by the National Alliance on Mental Illness.
Proposed cuts in 2012 and 2013 will result in a funding decrease of 20 percent for mental health services for Texas adults and 19 percent for children, the report said.
Nationwide, almost two-thirds of states have cut mental health funding. The total decrease in Texas during the three-year period was at least $27.6 million, the report said, and budget pressure is expected to be tighter after enhanced federal Medicaid support expires in June
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #23
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
Out of curiocity, how would YOU do it for free? Lock them up without the very expensive care it takes to give them any hope of getting out?
What dumbass's like TDL do not understand is that shifting cost to ER and county jail populations is long term more expensive than actually addressing the problem.

they may try and really fix the problem if you tell them you might take away their AK47 if something is not done!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #24
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
One thing that is not mentioned is that while the perpetrators have been being treated for mental illness, their reaction to their medication appears to be more at fault than the mental illness they had. Everyone has some sort of mental problem from time to time, and doctors are very quick to prescribe psychotropic drugs as treatment. These drugs are VERY DANGEROUS when given to the wrong person, or in the wrong quantity. The average person with depression, neuroses, or even bi-polar may be well capable of handling a firearm responsibly. However, put that person on the wrong medication, or even any medication, you may be asking for trouble.

And do you really want the government deciding who is mentally fit enough to own a gun? Really? Of course, some are obvious, but most witnesses say they never would believe their (neighbor, friend, etc.) would do something like that. Check their prescription drugs, that's the likely reason for a sudden change in behavior.
That is why this is such a hard nut to crack. Any direction one goes, results in someone crying about something. And they have a good point. So old man, I'm agreeing with you...try not to insult me!...or better stated, try not to try and insult me. I don't insult very easily...
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:46 PM   #25
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Democrats by and far are responsible for the laws that even Republican governors have to enforce or obey. The homeless walking the streets, that was the result of an ACLU lawsuit brought in New York state. Their rights were being violated by the state so said the New York supreme court and the US supreme court decided not to strike it down. New York had to release mental patients and the rest of the states saw the handwriting, and the court judgement, and followed suit. That is where liberalism has taken us in just one case.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:23 AM   #26
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
New York had to release mental patients and the rest of the states saw the handwriting, and the court judgement, and followed suit. That is where liberalism has taken us in just one case.
Only partially true. The Rep conservatives saw it as a way to cut expenses and really didn't fight hard at all. They saw it as an easy budget cut that they could then moan and complain was "forced upon them". Both sides are guilty on this one.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:56 AM   #27
EXTXOILMAN
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Are all right wingers weak minded?
That's rich, Eva, coming from one of the weakest minds on this board. I have yet to see you contribute substantively to any discussion here.
EXTXOILMAN is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #28
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTXOILMAN View Post
That's rich, Eva, coming from one of the weakest minds on this board. I have yet to see you contribute substantively to any discussion here.

Naw dude I got you and the consumptive old geezer as the weakest. Thing is you are so dumb you think you are winning.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #29
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

I'm curious as to how many "conservative republicans" were in the New York legislature in the early 80s?
Old 02-04-2013, 06:24 PM   #30
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Use to be conservatives on both sides of the isle,until this idea of (party first) cane into being.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women