Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #16
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Then quit saying the government wants to take your guns! .... some of these idiots believe you and then go murder people in the name of lies like that.
Please tell me, who has been incited to murder because of something I said.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #17
EXTXOILMAN
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by austxjr View Post
I don't think the Congress has betrayed the country (both parties). If you read the history of the founding of the United States and the founding documents like the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights you will find that the Founders in their (infinite, omniscient and godlike according to some) wisdom created the government with three branches and a bicameral Congress so that government would be inefficient because the monarchies and dictatorships that they knew were very efficient when they wanted to be and just destroyed the few rights they allowed their citizens. On top of that you will find the government is the people and vice versa so it is nonsensical to say the Congress, which is part of the government elected by the people and is the people, has betrayed the country, which also is the people. Now both parties have played a part, not necessarily an equal part, in taking inefficiency and political partisanship that to a new level with gerrymandering and such, but we all still have the right to vote. In general we all love our individual representatives while hating the Congress as a whole. We, the People, could change this all in a matter of a few years again if we wished, so the logical conclusion is that we 1) like it this way, or 2) don't care enough to change it.

No, the criminals and crazies won't turn their guns in and neither will a lot of people who aren't criminal (but would then be if somehow a law were passed that mandated turning the guns in) or crazy won't turn theirs in either. When in the last 80 years was there ever a federal law passed (perhaps the 1934 Firearms Act mandated turning in automatic weapons) that didn't grandfather in guns that were already in the possession of citizens? All the ones I remember grandfathered in any guns that were already owned and I've never seen a law yet that mandated turning any in (but I wasn't alive in 1934 and don't think it is a bad idea to turn in all the fully automatic weapons anyway). Get a grip man.

Oh, and sorry if I took your question seriously when you meant it rhetorically and are just an angry person who hates the government (himself) and really didn't want an answer.

AUSTXJR,

Not a bad read, with some valid and constructive points. And don't forget the role of the judiciary in the demise of our system of government. They exercize powers they were never intended to have on a regular basis.

You sounded almost reasonable, that is, until you went all Assup at the end. But you are from Austin, maybe you and Assup are buds, with bennies...
EXTXOILMAN is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:34 AM   #18
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Please tell me, who has been incited to murder because of something I said.
I've been pretty close a couple of times.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:38 AM   #19
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Morphed ....

"gun control" to "gun curb" ...

... "controlling" and "curbing" are two distinct activities.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:42 AM   #20
EXTXOILMAN
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
It is the agenda of the left to take a little bit here and a little bit there until they have it all.
Capitulating to their program because of a few isolated idiots is how we got into the mess we are in today.
My phrase for it is "incrementalism through de-sensitization". From MTV to the MSM, it works particularly well on low information voters.
EXTXOILMAN is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #21
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post

Yep he got through medal detectors and shot a kid in the neck before they disarmed him.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #22
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Gawd, austtx, do you really believe that crap you spout? Do you really think Congress represents the people anymore?

Hey, I've got some oceanfront property here in Wichita I'd like to sell you.
Depends on what you mean by "people".

I'm sure the large corporations (because they're people too!) and special interests are plenty happy with their level of representation their dollars buy from their representatives.
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #23
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

You're right, JBravo. The corporations and banks are well represented, and as we know from the "always right" SCOTUS, they are people, too.

Hey Eva! He got through the "medal" detector? Was he a veteran or something? Gawd, you're an idiot.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #24
LovingKayla
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 50897
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post

I just wanted this link to make onto the next page.

To answer the question put to us by the mentally disabled OP:

Gosh bright one, perhaps if they were ALLOWED TO CARRY when they are in control of our children, things might have been different. Why are all the stories I see on FB about folks stopping massacres not making it into the regular news?

You really are a special kind of stupid.

EDIT: I want to know exactly what you are suggesting in the OP. Do you honestly think MORE gun laws will keep bad guys honest? REALLY? Tell me again how it's impossible to find illegal substances? How's that "do not murder" law working for you.

LovingKayla is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #25
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
If yours is so low you are unable to read I feel sorry for you.It is better to deflect than have a answer,Right.
No deflecting here. I'm just not inclined to participate in every single gun-related thread. It has been beaten to death and I made my points in other threads.

However, one example of deflecting is accusing others of being unable to read when you are simply too lazy to pay minimum attention to spacing and punctuation. And you do it in most of your posts.

Cramming sentences together and poor punctuation makes your posts harder to read and is inconsiderate to your audience.

This board is full of lazy folks who can't be bothered to properly use "your", "you're", "there", "their", and "they're" or who constantly type in ALL CAPS. Apparently, you are one of them.

So, take the time to proof-read or at least stop posting from your smart phone.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #26
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
No deflecting here. I'm just not inclined to participate in every single gun-related thread. It has been beaten to death and I made my points in other threads.

However, one example of deflecting is accusing others of being unable to read when you are simply too lazy to pay minimum attention to spacing and punctuation. And you do it in most of your posts.

Cramming sentences together and poor punctuation makes your posts harder to read and is inconsiderate to your audience.

This board is full of lazy folks who can't be bothered to properly use "your", "you're", "there", "their", and "they're" or who constantly type in ALL CAPS. Apparently, you are one of them.

So, take the time to proof-read or at least stop posting from your smart phone.

I only do that so people like you will have something to do besides sit and pop their zits.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #27
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingKayla View Post
I just wanted this link to make onto the next page.

To answer the question put to us by the mentally disabled OP:

Gosh bright one, perhaps if they were ALLOWED TO CARRY when they are in control of our children, things might have been different. Why are all the stories I see on FB about folks stopping massacres not making it into the regular news?

You really are a special kind of stupid.

EDIT: I want to know exactly what you are suggesting in the OP. Do you honestly think MORE gun laws will keep bad guys honest? REALLY? Tell me again how it's impossible to find illegal substances? How's that "do not murder" law working for you.

Stupid post of the day!!! folks we have a winner.Congrats Kayla.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #28
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

A little here, a little there. The first income tax as 1% of investment income. It did not tax the working man who made his money with sweat from his brow. It was levied against the investment class. Little by little we have arrived to where we are today. Do you really want to say that incrementalism is not happening?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #29
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

What does that have to do with the guy in Alabama Barley?
Old 02-02-2013, 01:19 AM   #30
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

UHHH, nothing but we were talking about incrementalism and it has everything to do with that and government.

I would be very careful about talking about Alabama. He could turn out to be a racist Wallace democrat.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women