Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #16
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Did the Liberal tell us what he thinks the purpose of the 2nd Amendment is ?

I read his essay; but couldn't find why he thinks we have/should have the right to bear arms.....many liberals think gun rights are necessary to protect hunter and sportsmen's rights; a few more will agree the right for self defense.....but few, if any, admit that the purpose of the 2nd Amendment was to protect us from the tyranny of government....maybe give him another year or so and the Liberal will have a "come to jesus" moment, finally understanding that Obama and the Democrats are out to destroy our liberties and freedoms.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #17
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Yes the FBI will turn the background checks over to the medical profession.They will be coming for your guns.
If "mental health" is a qualification, the most important and restrictive part of it will be. The standard for determining one's mental health condition is lower than that for conviction of a crime. In most mental health determination system there is a "temporary" decision or finding of mental problems to justify temporary detention containing a conclusion to support the detention, distinguished from criminal charges in which there is only a finding of probable cause and a wealth of case law that upholds the notion that a preliminary finding of pc is not a conviction.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #18
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
If "mental health" is a qualification, the most important and restrictive part of it will be. The standard for determining one's mental health condition is lower than that for conviction of a crime. In most mental health determination system there is a "temporary" decision or finding of mental problems to justify temporary detention containing a conclusion to support the detention, distinguished from criminal charges in which there is only a finding of probable cause and a wealth of case law that upholds the notion that a preliminary finding of pc is not a conviction.
It’s not hard to imagine how a doctor with Michael Moore’s POV would rule. He and his ilk would claim anyone who wishes to own a gun is "mentally unstable". How much balderdash will the Kool Aid sotted Dims dish out and swallow?
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #19
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
It’s not hard to imagine how a doctor with Michael Moore’s POV would rule. He and his ilk would claim anyone who wishes to own a gun is "mentally unstable"
Yikes!!

Then I guess I ought to come clean and out myself as a mental case right here and now. I own several guns and hold a Texas CHL.

But I can blame it all on "Dear Old Dad." He was an avid target shooter and occasional hunter. Both of my grandfathers, too. I grew up with this stuff. Seriously, doc!

All this is wrapped up in my Scots-Irish "Texas Hillbilly" roots!
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:27 PM   #20
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
It’s not hard to imagine how a doctor with Michael Moore’s POV would rule. He and his ilk would claim anyone who wishes to own a gun is "mentally unstable". How much balderdash will the Kool Aid sotted Dims dish out and swallow?

It would be a catch 22 if you wanted to buy a gun you must be mentally ill.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #21
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
It would be a catch 22 if you wanted to buy a gun you must be mentally ill.
Actually, Eva, I have to give you this one. That's exactly where we're headed.

I know you weren't trying to post anything smart, but you did accidentally. Good for you!
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:43 PM   #22
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
One out of seventeen people in the US has mental problems.Add the amount of guns in the US and there is a prescription for danger.
No it's one out of Five, and you could easily be that one.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:01 PM   #23
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Yikes!!

Then I guess I ought to come clean and out myself as a mental case right here and now. I own several guns and hold a Texas CHL.

But I can blame it all on "Dear Old Dad." He was an avid target shooter and occasional hunter. Both of my grandfathers, too. I grew up with this stuff. Seriously, doc!

All this is wrapped up in my Scots-Irish "Texas Hillbilly" roots!
+1 Except for the part about "Texas", and the Great Plains aren't known for their "hills".
Old 01-31-2013, 05:58 AM   #24
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
+1 Except for the part about "Texas", and the Great Plains aren't known for their "hills".
Tell that to Lyndon Johnson when you see him.

Texas Hill Country is well known. http://www.texashillcountry.com/
Old 01-31-2013, 06:35 AM   #25
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp5762 View Post
No it's one out of Five, and you could easily be that one.

Another mental midget heard from.It is not in my state maybe yours.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:02 AM   #26
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Another mental midget heard from.It is not in my state maybe yours.
1:17 is just a national average. "Birds of a feather seem to flock together."

But historically the statistics regarding "health" (physical or mental) have depended upon the resources available in any particular area and for any given purpose ... in other words ... if a community has only 10 beds available for hospitalization then the standard for admittance is going to be higher than in a community with 1,000 beds available. Same with "abnormal" behavior ... that leads to confinement or diagnosis.

If the purpose is to restrict gun ownership then the standard depends on the motivation of the person doing the evaluating.... and their agenda.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:36 PM   #27
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Tell that to Lyndon Johnson when you see him.

Texas Hill Country is well known. http://www.texashillcountry.com/
You misunderstand. The remark was purposely meant to reference the Great Plains other than those in Texas. Everything CM posted was relevant to me except I was not born and raised in Texas, though I have lived there.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:28 PM   #28
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Sand hills in Nebraska the flint hills in Kansas Arbuckle Mts in Oklahoma.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:55 PM   #29
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Sand hills in Nebraska the flint hills in Kansas Arbuckle Mts in Oklahoma.
The operative phrase is "the Great Plains aren't known for their 'hills'", Ekim the Inbred. That obviously went over your hay-seed, flat-as-Kansas head.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:41 PM   #30
trident60
Premium Access

Encounters: 50

I love to sound off on this issue, almost as much as hobby stuff. Here is a factoid to spread throughout the land. Since the passage of the National Firearms Act of 1934, it has been illegal to own a machine gun, silencer, or other destructive device without an extensive background check, paying a $200 transfer tax at time of purchase, and approval of the chief local law enforcement officer. Tens of thousands of collectors and enthusiasts eagerly submit to the background check and pay the $200 tax, taking into their hands thousands of the most destrictive personal firearms the world has ever seen. Most liberals don't really grasp this. These death devices are in the hands of PRIVATE citizens and have been for 79 years. Some of them are visciously deadly, way beyond a puny AR-15 with a 30 round magazine. Throughout all this reign of terror the sum total of all crimes committed with these thousands of terror weapons is................drum roll.............zero. Not a single crime. No murders, mass shootings, mayhem or even threats by brandishing. What gives? The general public is generally unaware that all these weapons are in circulation, so they could be sneaked around and used in all sorts of crimes. It hasn't happened. Could it be that the very thorough background check weeded out the criminals and lunatics? Maybe not all, but it sure as heck did something to curb the violence without infringing on anybody's rights. Maybe, just maybe we should treat the right to own any kind of weapon as an inalienable human right, (Whoops, the Constitution already does that.) and issue firearms permits upon application to anybody qualified to own one. It's worked remarkably well for 79 years without a single slip up. Maybe, just maybe, if we had decent background checks (Let somebody besides the government do them so they're done right) we could quit scaring citizens and live in peace like the Swiss, where virtually every household has an assault weapon, a real one, not the fairly tale assault weapon in Diane Feinstein's imaginatin (think flash hider and pistol grip). Then we could work on the real ills of society like multi-generational welfare dependency, high illegitimate birth rates, dissolution of the nuclear family, drug dependency, low academic achievement and other assorted ills that breed disillusioned youth, crime and violence.
trident60 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women