Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
test
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162401
Yssup Rider60235
gman4453221
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48399
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41294
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35708
Mojojo33117

Old 02-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #16
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

I'm just a brat but I hear you on the cut backs for the old time Vets (no disrespect intended.)

Damn, can't get the hyperlink thing working.
But pulled this from an old AFA magazine:

http://www.airforce-magazine.com/MagazineArchive/Magazine%20Documents/2010/October%202010/1010chart.pdf
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #17
Missy Mariposa
Magdalene in gogo boots

User ID: 10853
My ECCIE Reviews

This pertains to someone close to me and I say it downright sucks. Is Congress also going to have to pay for their health insurance? Oh, no? Of course not. Go fuck yourself Congress :-X

Quote:
I'm sure the active duty will also be asked to contribute toward their retirement just like everyone else is asked to so there's an equitable cost-sharing.
Don't most contribute to the TSP anyway just in case they decide to leave before 20?
Missy Mariposa is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:57 AM   #18
tim_29m
Valued Poster

Encounters: 33

Alot of folks do contribute now...I remember when we were first eligible to join the TSP and most didn't...believe that was around 2000-2001. If you are young and in the military this is definitely one of the tools you should be using...IMHO. Just got paperwork today from TSP saying they are starting a Roth TSP as well...
tim_29m is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:25 AM   #19
borla
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
While military benefits should be reviewed just like any other government program I hope people keep two things in mind. The first is that only people that put in the full 20 years get them and the second is that it is the only job where you can be ordered to do things that have a high likelihood that you will be killed or severely injured. That level of risk deserves a greater compensation than most jobs.
You nailed it!!!
borla is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:52 AM   #20
greenhorn1960
Valued Poster

Encounters: 48

It is not just Military Retirements, it is all Federal Retirements. Congress should start by eliminating Presidential, Senate, and Congressional retirements.
greenhorn1960 is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:56 AM   #21
Guest081519
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn1960 View Post
It is not just Military Retirements, it is all Federal Retirements. Congress should start by eliminating Presidential, Senate, and Congressional retirements.
No kidding.
Guest081519 is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #22
Missy Mariposa
Magdalene in gogo boots

User ID: 10853
My ECCIE Reviews

I love the TSP. I've helped 4 people allocate theirs and saved 3 out of 4 of them thousands during the recession (the 4th was like 'nah it won't hurt me' and lost almost 14k, very sad). My roommate lost a whopping 15 dollars.

I am excited to hear about the Roth TSP and will give my army friend a call today to yell at him about this!
Missy Mariposa is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #23
BigAl69
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanjay View Post
Having just retired from active duty a few years ago, the legislation isn't surprising.

Entitlements are really being scrutinized and the American taxpayer can't afford the cost of continuing "business as usual" when it comes to the military pension and benefits for retirees and their families.

It also wouldn't be surprising to see more legislation extending the career of an active duty member to 30+ years before they are eligible for retirement, just like most places in the public sector. I'm sure the active duty will also be asked to contribute toward their retirement just like everyone else is asked to so there's an equitable cost-sharing.

Right now, premiums for TRI-CARE are ridiculously low and there are so many other benefits for retired active duty the public isn't aware of that have skyrocketed entitlements to a level beyond sustainment.

I think a "grandfather" clause (as of a certain date) would be more honorable and accepting by the overall military community. They are aware of our economic imbalance. I think we all agree the Federal Government is spending too much and everything needs to be looked at as long as it's looked at bipartisan.

My .02, kind sir.

Nj
Concur on all; been retired going on 8 years; know my medical payments are not something I bring up with my civilian friends (a VERY good deal); paying more (to a point, I guess) won't be a huge issue. Saying that, I think MANY other entitlements need to be looked at as well; shouldn't just be the retired military men/women that have to bail out the country...
BigAl69 is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #24
CrimsonValkyrie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37

Ok. I may not be qualified to respond to this but if i worked at a job for 20 years and at any given time i could be sent to places where people were shooting at me and blowing things and people up...i would want want free everything for as long as i lived. I do not think that is too much to ask. I know that may sound really simplistic but there PLENTY of other things to cut. Anyway. Just my dos centavos.
CrimsonValkyrie is offline   Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #25
greenhorn1960
Valued Poster

Encounters: 48
Default disenchanted young people regarding POTUS, or his supporters

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake_tony View Post
Don't know about that JJ. If I were to bet on it I'd say it all hinges on that unemployment number and how disenchanted young people are with the POTUS.

As to the original posting by dennisrn, I think nissanjay hit it on the head. All entitlements, military or otherwise, have come under scrutiny due to the increased focus on the deficit, so it makes sense that a Democrat POTUS would put military cuts on the chopping block. Obviously, a Republican wouldn't dare touch that regardless of all the recent anti-federal spending rhetoric.

My question is: How did we ever get on this deficit-focused train in the first place? Clearly the U.S. has enough tax revenue to cover its interest payments. And our debt to GDP ratio is nowhere close to Greece's, Italy's, or Portugal's.

I would think unemployment, short term economic growth, and the housing crises would take precedence. Oi, but what do I know? I'm just a lonely snake...
In my dealings with supporters of the current POTUS is the they have drank the koolaid. They seen to get thier information from bloggers instead of researching the information themselves. They consider Perez Hilton to be credible.

Like Barak, they blame everybody else, except Barak. The economy, it is still Bush's fault. Current gas prices, Bush's and Cheney's fault. Health care, no budget, not Barak's.
greenhorn1960 is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #26
Doglegg
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Can't currently conduct the research, but if memory serves me correctly, this was started by the predecessor and not the current, and was signed into law at the end of 2004.

Will I feel the cuts as a Vet Retiree? You bet.

Do I agree with the fee increases? As with anyone, I don't like the money coming out of my pocket.

Is this comparable to the cuts (read increase in out of pocket expenses) for those on Medicare? In my opinion, yes. Older male Americans more than likely performed some form of service due to the draft (and females also, though not due to mandatory service), and after turning a magical number (65 or 67 I think) their coverage switches from TRICARE to Medicare. So in essesence, a sort of double whammy.

The same thing is occurring to Police and Firefighters, those who run in when those in their right mind run out. Their benefits are also being cut. In the cities and states where this is occurring, I ask that you look at the political affiliation of the mayors and governors signing the paperwork. I am not surprised.

Do changes need to be made? Yes and unfortunately those with a 'guaranteed pension and benefit package' will be made to feel the brunt of the force of change.

Governments, local, state and federal have to reduce spending, and one of the largest, if not the largest budget items is retiree pension and employee health plans.

Will those at the head of governments affect their own tilted purses? Not likely, especially if you listened to Gov Perry's NPR interview of last week or the week before.

He is double dipping and sees nothing wrong with it as it is currently allowed.

However, he signed legislation that penalizes (monetarily) school districts for using retired teachers as substitutes. With a shortage of qualified/state certified professional educators, he has stopped double dipping...only where it is not allowed.

Back on topic, yes the military past, present, and future will be affected by DoD budget cuts, I ask that the 'military hating Democrats' not be pointed at as the cause.

This is a problem (budget deficit) that stretches past political boundaries and requires solutions that will be felt by most in one form or another.

Dogg
Doglegg is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women