Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 272
George Spelvin 257
sharkman29 254
Top Posters
DallasRain70615
biomed161980
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453169
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48224
pyramider46370
bambino41212
CryptKicker37154
Mokoa36489
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 06-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #16
aavalos3078
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Same here, I want him to lose a fight, but secretly im cheering him on.
aavalos3078 is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:32 AM   #17
htownhammer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Discretion View Post
k9 bundrage vs cory spinks
erislandy lara vs. freddy hernandez
Bundrage and Lara are both trying to land a fight with Canelo Alvaraz sept15th, so these should be interesting fights.
Spinks should retire after that beatdown he took. Bundrage doesn't look much better than a club fighter. He called out Canelo but he would have to be a huge underdog. Lara vs Canelo would be an interesting matchup.
htownhammer is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:32 PM   #18
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Location: Up a hill...down a hill... Up a hill...down a hill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Except for PPV, is boxing even on at all? They used to have fights on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and the weekends on ABC, ESPN, USA, HBO, SHO others throughout the 80s to mid-2000. I could tell you the top contenders and champs from Lightweight to Heavyweight in most of the Federations. Now nothing.

MMA is all over the place. "Real World" like training shows on Spike. But I couldn't tell you a lot of the top guys in the divisions (or more than one or two federations) because many of these top guys are lucky if their careers last 12 fights. Do any of the champions hold their belts more than 2 defenses? Then the toll of MMA causes them to disappear.

Gone are the days when you could watch a Sugar Ray or Roy Jones start from the Olympic qualifiers to a medal to their professional debut to the 3 - 5 years till a title shot and then defending/winning titles for 5 - 8 years. And mostly for free!
[/START Grumpy Old Man Rant] You've probably touched on a lot that's wrong with boxing today. It does seem like EVERY fight that matters any more is now PPV. The USA amateur program is in shambles. You don't get to 'discover' a guy at the Golden Glove nationals...or the Olympic Trials...& then follow his development like you used to be able to do. [/END Rant]

As for MMA...I've tried...I've REALLY tried...but I just can't get into it. I don't mind a little blood in my art...but there's gotta be some art in there somewhere. This just looks like two drunks going at it in the alley behind damn near any bar on a weekend. That CAN be entertaining...I suppose...but it just doesn't speak to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aavalos3078 View Post
Finally someone who shares the same thoughts. I have always said that Mayweather doesn't fight good fighters or fights boxers who are passed their prime. That's like putting Kobe and MJ in a game of basketball. Who do you think will win?

Canelo Alvarez is a rising star and he has challenged Mayweather.... Lets see when that fight happens.
I don't thinck we're alone...I just thinck we get shouted down by those who believe a ton of cash & an undefeated record are the ONLY things that matter. Hard to argue with that sometimes...

I've not seen a lot of Alverez...but I'm encouraged. We'll have to wait & see. I do thinck that if Mayweather answers the challenge quickly...look out as it means he believes he has nothing to fear...and he's probably correct. Those that handle him seem every bit as calculated as he is technically gifted.

Quote:
I agree with most of what you say, but what I was referring to when I said he has heart is his dedication to winning. You must admit, the man works damn hard. I used to box and I know how hard it is to train for a fight. It is HARD HARD WORK, and this guy's been doing it and winning for how many years now? That's not a coincidence. That being said, I'm not a Mayweather fan. I think I've rooted against him in every fight, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aavalos3078 View Post
Same here, I want him to lose a fight, but secretly im cheering him on.
If he was as dedicated to being the best he could possibly as he was to WINNING, I'd have no problem with the cat!

I used to box as well. I agree with you completely as to how hard it is to prepare & to do your best. The guy has more talent in his little finger as most boxers have in their entire bodies. That's PRECISELY why he annoys me so much. He's got the body...he's got the mind...to be the best there ever was...maybe the best there will ever be. Be he's got NO HEART...so he won't. I find that to be a waste of his abilities.

But...that's just me... That's why I won't cheer him on. I'd like to see him lose a fight...as a wakeup call...but it's probably already too late for that.
Sisyphus is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:46 AM   #19
Sweet Discretion
Account Disabled

It's official...Canelo Alvarez vs. Josesito Lopez sept. 15th

Should be a good fight.
Sweet Discretion is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #20
htownhammer
Valued Poster

Quote:
It's official...Canelo Alvarez vs. Josesito Lopez sept. 15th
When fighting Ortiz, Lopez was moving up from 140 to 147. Now he's going to move up to 154 to take on Canelo?
Old 07-10-2012, 11:46 PM   #21
Sweet Discretion
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownhammer View Post
When fighting Ortiz, Lopez was moving up from 140 to 147. Now he's going to move up to 154 to take on Canelo?
I'm sure it will have to be at 147. Either way after what he did to Ortiz, Canelo is going to have to respect him. I can see Lopez giving Canelo some problems.

The only bad thing is this fight will be the same night as the Chavez jr. vs Sergio Martinez fight. I'll have to find a place that is showing both fights.

Amir Kahn fights sat night.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:05 PM   #22
htownhammer
Valued Poster

Quote:
Amir Kahn fights sat night.
Kahn just got TKO'd as his chin betrayed him again.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:59 PM   #23
Sweet Discretion
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownhammer View Post
Kahn just got TKO'd as his chin betrayed him again.
Damn! I totally forgot to watch that fight. What's up with all these upsets lately?

Now Zab Judah is saying he wants to fight Garcia.

This is a good website for boxing news. http://www.boxingscene.com/
Old 07-16-2012, 07:21 AM   #24
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

I kinda lost interest when Ali took a bogus unanimous decision against Jimmy Young.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #25
Gator42
Account Disabled

Encounters: 34

Quote:
Damn! I totally forgot to watch that fight. What's up with all these upsets lately?

Now Zab Judah is saying he wants to fight Garcia.

This is a good website for boxing news. http://www.boxingscene.com/
That fight was awesome. Danny wins again.

I'm going to the Chavez jr fight on sept. 15th.
Gator42 is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:36 AM   #26
htownhammer
Valued Poster

Quote:
What's up with all these upsets lately?
Kahn got caught with a left hook in an exchange. It hit him in the neck area below the ear. It seemed like he never got his legs back after that shot.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #27
Sweet Discretion
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator42 View Post
That fight was awesome. Danny wins again.

I'm going to the Chavez jr fight on sept. 15th.
Damn I'm freakin jealous, wish I was going. My money's on Martinez. I see him knocking Chavez out.

Go Coogs!!
Old 07-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #28
hornfreak
Valued Poster

Encounters: 45

Pardon my ignorance. Is Danny that dammn good ? or did he just land a lucky wild punch on Khan's neck. If he's that good, who might he fight next? is he up there with the elite fighters?
hornfreak is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #29
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Location: Up a hill...down a hill... Up a hill...down a hill...
Default What's Wrong With U.S. Boxing?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...3SX_story.html

Mike Wise wrote a pretty good column in the WP today about how (another!) poor showing in the Olympics is indicative about what's wrong with the state of amateur boxing in the U.S. at the moment.

Which, I think, is one the problems with the pro game at the moment....
Sisyphus is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #30
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

What's wrong with boxing is PPV....

I remember watching title fights on Wide World of Sports. A lot of the kids that might be interested in the sport don't have a way to watch it and therefor never get interested. I refuse to pay to watch a fight. There are some pubs around the house that will carry it but even then the last one I went to see was De la Hoya v Vargas.
boardman is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women