Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 374
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 272
George Spelvin 257
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70638
biomed162058
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453177
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48260
pyramider46370
bambino41212
CryptKicker37160
Mokoa36490
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-22-2011, 12:02 PM   #16
Guest083013
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Whitedog wrote in part:
".....that still cling to the out-dated true Conservative belief that if you work hard and save your money, you will be successful....."
Might I simply ask what is wrong with this thought process??
Guest083013 is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:45 PM   #17
satexasguy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

What is wrong with what I stated? The fact is that Obama has written a plan for what he expects to do. Now that he is president, does that mean he no longer wants to persue his plan that he spelled out in his books? It's amazing to me how liberals want to sweep his books under the bed and act like they have no meaning. They define him.

As for not properly conducting himself, what did I say that is not true? You can see any video from the Ft Hood ceremony and see him holding his balls instead of showing due proper respect.

Dennisrn .. you are absolutely correct ... what is wrong with the idea of working hard and saving money and you will be successful. Oshins and Rodram, since you want to be good Liberals, why not go ahead and donate part of your earnings now to help out some of the less fortunate Republicans. Oh I know why because each of you think that you are the only ones that work hard and have earned their money and shouldnt be good little commies and share the wealth.
satexasguy is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #18
Whitedog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Maybe I wasn't clear, but I meant that philosophy to be a GOOD thing. Conservative means to PRESERVE, be it money or the enviornment. Nothing wrong with that at all, but I don't see much of that from the current bunch of neocons.
Whitedog is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:17 PM   #19
Rodram
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladman View Post
I definitely did read it. Thought I caught the gist, and I still think I did. I skimmed the part about the charity events, but that doesn't matter to me so much, b/c the lib-progs who go to union events to do the same thing disguise them with a blue collar. All I meant to say about it is that the corporate side is a response to the union side, to imply that the article mentions absolutely nothing about that. Then I went on to mention that unions are just market responses to capitalists, trying to head off anyone who might want to decapitate me for seeming to attack unions, which I 'm not--unions were a force for good.
BTW, thanks for starting the thread. Good to get the word out that things are a little more equal on both sides. ;-)
Gladman, can I ask what you think about the following statement and if it is credible, then make a convincing argument on the equivalency between ALEC and the unions?

"Just because there are two sides to a debate doesn't mean that the truth is somewhere in the middle, one side can be completely wrong"
Rodram is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #20
satexasguy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Rodram, you must be either a university professor or student. Who else would ask to make such an argument.
satexasguy is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #21
Guest083013
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26

Oh ===> someone must be back!!

(bolded4Rr)
Guest083013 is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #22
oshins
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by satexasguy View Post
What is wrong with what I stated? The fact is that Obama has written a plan for what he expects to do. Now that he is president, does that mean he no longer wants to persue his plan that he spelled out in his books? It's amazing to me how liberals want to sweep his books under the bed and act like they have no meaning. They define him.

As for not properly conducting himself, what did I say that is not true? You can see any video from the Ft Hood ceremony and see him holding his balls instead of showing due proper respect.

Dennisrn .. you are absolutely correct ... what is wrong with the idea of working hard and saving money and you will be successful. Oshins and Rodram, since you want to be good Liberals, why not go ahead and donate part of your earnings now to help out some of the less fortunate Republicans. Oh I know why because each of you think that you are the only ones that work hard and have earned their money and shouldnt be good little commies and share the wealth.
First, not a liberal. And as for his books, I haven't read them. Have you? Or, and I think this rather more likely, did you get a 'summary' off of a right wing blog/website and re-post them as your own original thoughts?

Second, as you still talk out of your ass and offer no credible facts, you aren't taken seriously. Check the snopes link. It is a fact checking website, founded to debunk/confirm some of the more ridiculous emails/posts floating around the internet.
oshins is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:44 PM   #23
oshins
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodram View Post
"Just because there are two sides to a debate doesn't mean that the truth is somewhere in the middle, one side can be completely wrong"
Quote:
Rodram, you must be either a university professor or student. Who else would ask to make such an argument.
What is wrong with that statement? It makes perfect sense.

If I say the sky is red and you say its blue on a day like most around here. One of us is completely wrong.
oshins is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:27 PM   #24
Rodram
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedog View Post
I think this is one of the most insightful questions by Oshins, that I've seen in these political discussions, and one I often ask myself.

Why have elected officials if they are going to let those who stand to benefit write the bills? Foxes guarding the hen house?

And no, not all Republicans are tea-baggers. There are probably a few good Republicans around that aren't wild-eyed crazies, that still cling to the out-dated true Conservative belief that if you work hard and save your money, you will be successful. I still keep hoping they will take their party back from the uneducated nuts that are taking us into the dark ages.
Hey Whitedog, I saw your comment on that other thread and your right to point out the hard headedness that we are seeing here.
I try to stay away from guessing what motivates people but this is just so unusual that I can't help but think that all this is because of who the President is and not what he does.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #25
Rodram
BANNED

Quote:
No Tex, I wish I was though.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:22 PM   #26
Rodram
BANNED

Default SEIU email

I am not an SEIU member but I keep track of the unions and what they are pushing for. This gives you an idea of what they are fighting for. I received this today:

Rod,

Did you hear the breaking news yesterday?

The New York Times reported on a debt ceiling deal that would make deep cuts to Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security benefits without asking for an ounce of sacrifice from corporations and millionaires.

The bill would add millions to the unemployment rolls and deny medical care to the most vulnerable among us - including many of the people SEIU members care for on a daily basis.

It's up to us to stop this bill. You should make an emergency call to your member of Congress RIGHT NOW and tell them to stand strong against these cuts. Use this phone number:

1-877-736-7831

Together we can stop this bill with enough grassroots participation. Today, dozens of member-driven groups are pushing calls to Congress encouraging their representatives to stand strong against these outrageous cuts.

Please make the call, and we'll keep you up-to-date on what we're hearing in our conversations about the debt deal.

In solidarity,

Mary Kay Henry
President, SEIU

P.S. After you've made the call, please report what your Member of Congress said at this link:

http://action.seiu.org/debt-ceiling-calls
Old 07-22-2011, 06:31 PM   #27
Rodram
BANNED

Hey Tex, I am the Liberal not oshins.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:54 PM   #28
Gladman
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Gladman, can I ask what you think about the following statement and if it is credible, then make a convincing argument on the equivalency between ALEC and the unions?

One so far removed from a middle truth should not assume it does not exist.
Gladman is offline   Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:00 PM   #29
Rodram
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladman View Post
One so far removed from a middle truth should not assume it does not exist.
Thats not what I asked you Gladman, but nice try on the redirection.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:58 PM   #30
Gladman
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Thats not what I asked you Gladman, but nice try on the redirection.
You asked me a nonsensical zen question. I returned an appropriate answer. If you can't understand it, forgive my poor English and grammar skills.
Gladman is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women