Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-21-2012, 03:07 PM   #16
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
The NRA does make a proposal that will work
Oh? http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2000/col...UTIES_TEXT.htm

Quote:
I do not see a downside to this. Police are here to protect us, and who needs more protection than our kids in schools?
Well, besides the fact that it won't work, i don't really see a downside either. Except for the cost, of course. A cost which will accomplish little more than to divert the shooters to the local little league fields, or your friendly neighborhood playground.

I have to laugh at all the people who in one breath claim "if they want to kill, they'll find a way to kill", while in the next breath they come up with these simplistic do nothing solutions that, at best, simply shift the problem from inside schools to everywhere else in the world.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #17
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

La Piss In his ear even wants to do away with background checks...
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:32 PM   #18
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I should have realized that most of the people here don't have the information to process what I said. By Nazi I am not referring to politics (though the Nazis were left wing), I am referring to the tactics. This is a country where you allow people to speak their piece but not if the left doesn't like it. Since this was a press conference I have to wonder how they got press credentials to get in? As for the remarks; La Pierre did ante up some money and time to help train these people. To knock down a couple of strawmen; once again, no one is forcing teachers to become armed or trained so no one has to pay for it. If a teacher wishes to get training and buy a weapon for concealed carry then they should not be prevented from doing so. That is part of the use of the concealed carry, you don't know who is or isn't carrying a weapon. You have to assume that anyone could be carrying. Now that means someone is going to say that a shooter will have to shoot everyone then.......do I have to say it? That is what a shooter is going to do anyway so where is the down side? Uniformed officers is a step backwards as they can be taken out first thing.

We were talking about this at work; can you imagine a shooter going into a inner city school? Probably more guns than he (or she) could deal with from just the students.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:59 AM   #19
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Already forgot about the town hall meetings where democratic lawmakers were wanting ideas from the public on healthcare.They were shouted down by the rabble protesting.It was amazing there were no protests at the republican meetings. Guess they were Nazis right JD?
Old 12-22-2012, 07:43 AM   #20
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
............... where democratic lawmakers were wanting ideas from the public on healthcare.

LMAO!

They were pissed because they were being TOLD about a new healthcare law that they didn't want.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:42 AM   #21
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

BRRRRP wrong again Dolly Lama...
Old 12-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #22
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

The dog didn't like the dog food.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:35 AM   #23
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9
Default Some school systems seem to be already using real policemen for security

"The Dallas school district has police at nearly every middle and high school but not at elementary schools."

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/educa...l-shooting.ece

. . . while others are just now getting on board:

"In Newington, Superintendent of Schools Bill Collins visited all seven schools in town Monday, where police presence was also put in place for the morning arrival. . . .

"I reminded principals to make sure we are vetting all of our visitors as they are coming to all of our schools, and all our doors have been locked," Collins said Monday afternoon after returning from his visits. . . .

"In Southington, officers who had schools in their normal patrol district were assigned to doing directed patrols surrounding and in the areas of the schools, Sgt. Jeffrey Dobratz said. Traffic officers were assigned to do foot patrols inside the schools and support staff was also out providing a "presence" at the schools Monday throughout the day, he said. "This morning I talked to a few people and they were glad to see us there," Dobratz said. "They were glad of the police presence."

"In Plainville, where plans are in place to have a vigil for the Newtown victims Wednesday night at 6:30 p.m. at the Plainville Fire Department, school officials took several precautions.

"Superintendent of Schools Jeffrey Kitching said he and Assistant Superintendent Maureen Brummett visited all five public schools Monday and everything, they said, including attendance levels, seemed normal. The only change was that police officers have been stationed at each school during arrival and dismissal times, a measure that Kitching said he worked out over the weekend with Police Chief Matthew Catania. It will be in place "for the foreseeable future," he added."

http://www.chron.com/news/crime/arti...gs-4139941.php
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #24
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
"The Dallas school district has police at nearly every middle and high school but not at elementary schools."
I'm guessing they didn't think it was necessary to put police near the elementary schools because elementary kids are not going to be showing up at school with guns in their pockets. Unlike middle school and high school kids.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #25
awl4knot
Valued Poster

Encounters: 71
Default Cynical, Manipulative BS from the Masters of Deception

I love the irony, hypocrisy and just old fashion ballsiness of the NRA. I may be wrong but most fervent gun rights people seem to be fiscally conservative and against big government. Now that the public seems to be getting the idea that guns, and especially pistols, are vicious little killing machines, the NRA decides to chuck conservative tenets to back a proposal that will cost the taxpayers untold dollars, increase government bureaucracy and oversight, diminish local control of schools and marginally increase school safety, all so that the gun rights people can continue to "bear arms" without substantial limitation.

It's just so beautiful that the worm has turned like this. This proposal just becomes more transparently cynical and insulting by the minute.

How about this proposal?

1. We eliminate the hand gun from America, but allow a few select civilians who legitimately need a weapon for personal safety, to undergo strict training and licensing requirements.

2. We eliminate automatic weapons from America.

3. We allow true sportsmen to own true sports weapons.

4. We keep our schools guns free.

5. We allow local board of educations and municipal governments decide how schools are going to be policed.

6. We try seriously to stop the carnage caused by madmen and guns every year.
awl4knot is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #26
Sidewinder
Lifetime Premium Access

Awl4knot, you have to understand something.

The Second Amendment is not about "sporting", and it is not about self-defense against the occasional mugger.

Rather, it is about ensuring that the people will have the weapons needed to overthrow the government when and if it becomes necessary. AGAIN.

The American Revolution was a WAR, and a lot of it was fought with PRIVATELY-OWNED weapons. The Second Amendment was demanded PRECISELY to ensure that, if the new Federal government established by the Constitution of 1787 went bad, the people would be able to fight.

You REALLY should have paid attention in history class.
Sidewinder is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #27
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Nice try big but I never saw anyone touch a politician. Vocal is okay if it is the truth. In case you didn't notice, La Pierre is not an elected politician dealing with his voters. He is a private citizen with certain rights that are being violated which you approve of apparently. I guess you can get in line with the lock steppers.

Knot? Another fascist? Have you ever heard of the Constitution? Have you ever heard of self defense? Have you ever heard of common sense? Tell me, how do you propose getting rid of all the guns? Hmmmmmm... In case you haven't noticed our schools are GUN FREE! How is that working out?
Old 12-22-2012, 11:52 AM   #28
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by awl4knot View Post

How about this proposal?

1. We eliminate the hand gun from America, but allow a few select civilians who legitimately need a weapon for personal safety, to undergo strict training and licensing requirements.
It stinks! It reeks of the hypocrisy espoused by Rosie O'Donnell who advocates that law abiding citizens be denied the right to protect themselves in their homes or as they go about their daily routines while she lives in a gated community and employs an armed guard for personal security. Also check out the armed securiy afforded to and enjoyed by Senator Boxer as she prepares her "anti-gun" legislation. You'll find it's far superior to anything enjoyed by the "average, taxpaying citizen." The Second Amendment was adopted to preclude such a distinction. And, btw, the criminals will still have their weapons: ask Lord Mountbatten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
I'm guessing they didn't think it was necessary to put police near the elementary schools because elementary kids are not going to be showing up at school with guns in their pockets. Unlike middle school and high school kids.
You are probably correct though a fellow classmate of mine, in the fifth grade in the early, early 1960s, brought a pint of whisky and a .32 caliber revolver to school one day -- and it's still happening and more frequently.

Many in this forum probably remember when it was an ordinary experience for teenage boys to carry rifles, shotguns and/or hand guns to school in their cars when they were in high school. They went hunting before and after school. During the school day, the rifles and shotguns would rest in racks behind the seat -- in plain view for all to see. It was never a problem.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:04 PM   #29
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

another calm and rational answer.

The NRa is simple the gun lobby. Motivated only by greed and power. Their solution is to arm the world... Of course it is. That's where the money is.

If you want to talk hypocrisy, begin with LaPierre and NRA.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #30
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

The NRA is the nation's oldest civil rights organization. They have been protecting the rights of all Americans regardless of race before the more racist NAACP was.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women