Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70753
biomed162906
Yssup Rider60560
gman4453256
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48528
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42082
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36440
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 07-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #16
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

it seems many years ago.............
in Boston harbor............
there was shit going on and........
some patriots with some guts........
decided to make Boston harbor.......
into one giant cup of tea........

Now if we can get some patriots.......
with a few basic tools...........
we can show the modern way........
to let our displeasure be known.........

THE AMERICAN WAY!

DEAR_JOHN is online now   Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:31 PM   #17
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15
Default It Should Be In The Alerts!!

"Houston Getting Fucked By Bull Dyke Mayor With Big Red Light Strap".

It's all about the money. Period.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:38 PM   #18
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Today I was proceeding down a major "speedofare" approaching a rather large intersection while watching the amber light as I approached, so I slowed to stop for the anticipated redlight and one of those "patriots" (no doubt) accelerated up behind me and then swerved into the next lane by which time the light was bright red and he continued to accelerate through the red light, which had been red since before he got to the intersection ....

... that is why there are "red light cameras" ... and

it is knuckleheads like that who "no doubt" whine about their constitutional right to ...

..... endanger everyone else on the road with impunity.

The reason I don't get all "patriotic" about "red light cameras" is because ....

.... I stop at red lights and I begin the process when it is amber.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:57 PM   #19
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Today I was proceeding down a major "speedofare" approaching a rather large intersection while watching the amber light as I approached, so I slowed to stop for the anticipated redlight and one of those "patriots" (no doubt) accelerated up behind me and then swerved into the next lane by which time the light was bright red and he continued to accelerate through the red light, which had been red since before he got to the intersection ....

... that is why there are "red light cameras" ... and

it is knuckleheads like that who "no doubt" whine about their constitutional right to ...

..... endanger everyone else on the road with impunity.

The reason I don't get all "patriotic" about "red light cameras" is because ....

.... I stop at red lights and I begin the process when it is amber.
Read my post again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN View Post
it seems many years ago.............
in Boston harbor............
there was shit going on and........
some patriots with some guts........
decided to make Boston harbor.......
into one giant cup of tea........

Now if we can get some patriots.......
with a few basic tools...........
we can show the modern way........
to let our displeasure be known.........

THE AMERICAN WAY!
No where did I state running red lights was patriotic. What I didn't like was the the people had a vote, majority should have won, but they didn't.

Too bad I had to dumb down the concept of what I was posting about so you could understand.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #20
Brooke Wilde
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 4781
Location: Private Incall ~ Westchase/Memorial/Energy Corridor
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
I mean did you look at the photograph?
The photo only shows the LP of his car ... nothing else. I know he fought it and did not have to pay anything.

Brooke Wilde is online now   Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:38 PM   #21
1bubba1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Keep in mind this came about due to the previous Mayor. It is all about the money. Perhaps we should pay our ticket in dollar bills and make the city work for it, or worse yet, pay them in quarters
1bubba1 is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #22
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Too bad I had to dumb down the concept of what I was posting about so you could understand.
Oh, I get it, you want the "patriots" to throw the hammers into the bayou ... out of protesting over ... uhhhhh ... voters' rights?

Too bad someone has to compare dumping tea in the water to destroying government property ... that was installed because some knucklheaded "patriots" who want their voice to be "heard" (although too late in the game) cannot seem to comprehend the significance of an "amber" light and then "red" light ... and barrel through intersections increasing their speed so they can "clear" the intersection to get to where they think they are going three minutes sooner....usually only to get "trapped" at the next light, because they were exceeding the speed setting for the synchronized lights on their "race-way"!

Unfortunately, most laws are passed and enforced because there are always a few narrow-minded, self-centered yo-yo's who decide they are "entitled" to run amuck in society to the detriment of the rest of society and without doing much "thinking" ... speaking of "dumbing down"! The "unfortunate" part is that the rest of the folks are paying to pass and enforce those laws ... speaking of "dumbing down."

And speaking of "dumbing down" .. next time the "narrow-minded, self-centered yo-yo's" decide to vote down a law or a method of enforcing the law, they might want to spend a little more time reading up on the process to get it done and a little less time whining about how they are inconvenienced by the laws and methods directed at them.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:07 PM   #23
Satin
Valued Poster

Alright boys, no need to get all huffy...I was just passing on info to those who might not have known and wanted to have a friendly discussion. Everyone brings up some good points.

In all fairness, the pussy-licker was in somewhat of a bad predicament. It's a complicated situation. I know the cameras are for our safety, but it's also a money maker as well.

The other thing is that the stats show that accidents have actually went DOWN since they were turned off. How does anyone explain that?
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:34 PM   #24
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bubba1 View Post
Keep in mind this came about due to the previous Mayor. It is all about the money. Perhaps we should pay our ticket in dollar bills and make the city work for it, or worse yet, pay them in quarters
You mean the former mayor and asshole city council members who passed the 3 ft rule law?

Or the other former mayor and asshole city council members who passed the 750 foot from a school or church law?

Yeah, I didn't vote for them again either...but somehow they got re-elected.

However, I had two red light tickets mailed to my house and ignored them. I have been able renew my drivers license and car registration anyway.

Both tickets were issued in an intersection at a very big mall during heavy traffic where there was gridlock and a police officer should have been directing traffic or operating the traffic signals. There was never any chance of a high speed collision at these intersections...although a panhandler might have missed a dollar.

My guess Brooke, that was your father's situation.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #25
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satin View Post
... the stats show that accidents have actually went DOWN since they were turned off. How does anyone explain that?
.... "stats" would be generated by officer reports ... in a time of "officer shortages," which coincidentally occurred while the cameras were off, either an HPD officer does not appear to work the accident, the HPD officer just passes out "blue forms" and files no report, or the Constable's Office or Sheriff's Department or DPS works the accident and gets the stat.

But ....

"HPD administrators have suggested improved road conditions due to months of little rain is a possible factor in fewer accidents at the red light intersections, as well as increased traffic enforcement by patrol units."

and

"However, fatal traffic accidents in Houston have remained steady during the last three years, according to state crash statistics."

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7564311.html#ixzz1Rqu3JXvt

I might suggest another reason .... the econcomy ....

"... that fewer miles driven contributes to fewer collisions," said Rice University professor Robert Stein, who has conducted studies of Houston's red light camera system.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7564311.html#ixzz1RquNE6NK
Old 07-11-2011, 08:04 PM   #26
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Both tickets were issued in an intersection at a very big mall during heavy traffic where there was gridlock and a police officer should have been directing traffic or operating the traffic signals.
If someone's vehicle is NOT in the intersection within camera view they will NOT get a picture taken of their vehicle. Someone's vehicle was in the intersection .. so a picture was taken.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:44 PM   #27
harry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator42 View Post
Not defending the Mayor but the reason that the HAD to turn the cameras back on was because a Judge ruled that our referendum was invalid.
I heard that the Mayor and City Council cherry picked that particular judge because they knew in advance he would rule the way they wanted concerning this.
harry is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:54 PM   #28
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

ll, you can preach from high upon your pedestal for all I care. Fact is, the majority voted against it, and nothing happened. Looks like you're in the minority on this subject and your aggressive attitude will only go so far.

Matter of fact ll, you seem to be leaning a bit to the left tonight. As in, the majority of the votes don't count.

By the way, in principle, I'm for the red light tickets, I'm for no cell phones in school zones, and I'm for ticketing drivers who text while driving. No doubt I drive on a daily basis more than most people on this site, so safe driving matters greatly to me. I probably drive an average of 160 miles a day ranging all over town, so safe driving is a priority to me.

But the principle of 'screw the majority' should go against the grain of proud Americans. So, in this context, I'm against the red light cameras.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:28 AM   #29
adi
Gaining Momentum

If they wanna make us safe delay the lights !!!! Its all about money and nothing else. If a red light camera makes us safe why can i make a full stop at it then blast thru it while its red and not get a flash or ticket ?
adi is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:27 AM   #30
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Looks like you're in the minority on this subject and your aggressive attitude will only go so far.
I am content with being in the "minority," when the "majority" is wrong.

And when a "majority" has "won" an illegal election it is a "nullity."

But do not allow some "legal technicality" to interfere with "democracy," bring out the hammers and start dismantling the government so we can keep cutting red lights....until the taxpayers cough up the dough to post an officer at every friggin controlled intersection in the city ... 24/7 ... at an estimated cost of about $250,000 or more a year FOR EACH INTERSECTION.... so knuckleheads cannot exercise their "right" to blast through intersections to save a few minutes of their precious time.

Some times the air is a bit fresher at the higher levels of discourse. Try it.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women