Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
test
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70762
biomed163024
Yssup Rider60666
gman4453276
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48592
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42325
CryptKicker37204
The_Waco_Kid36767
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 11-08-2011, 04:46 PM   #16
JS42
Valued Poster

Encounters: 55

First, show me a legit link where Mizzou tried to get into the Big 10. It was rumoured but Mizzou never commented on it. Other than the Mo governor commenting that Mizzou would be a good fit, the rest was media driven.

Fritz is right about Texas, the problems started with them when the Big 8 and some of the old SWC merged. Texas by the way, helped kill that conference. They are arrogant bullies and expect things done their way. Taking the basketball tourney out of KC and and rotating it with Dallas, and moving the headquarters to Tx is just prime examples. The LHN posed another problem..the list goes on. Ever wonder why when Mizzou tried to get a longer media rights deal for the Big 12, Tx balked? Pretty evident, Tx doesn't want a long term commitment. If they find a better deal in 3 to 4 yrs, they are gone, and rich enough to pay the exit fees with just a couple years left in it. For those of you buying into the mirage that the Big 12 is stable now are on crack. All it takes is Tx and Okie to leave (the two big programs) and the Big 12 is dead, along with the AQ status. And you guys trash Mizzou for getting out of that mess...lmao.

Just for the record, Mizzou has two NC's, nothing recent, but they aren't shut out. And spare me you ku fans with the old stale argument on no final fours etc... You have a fine basketball tradition, but in the scheme of things, conference realigment has everything to do with football, since it's the money generator, and tv sets you can bring to a conference. And ku, you are SOL with those requirements.
JS42 is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #17
jayhawkrobbie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

Congrats Mizzou, you went from being UT's lapdog, to being LSU, Bama, AU, GA and FL's lapdog. You wanted the SEC so bad, you accepted going into the SEC East division, which will clearly hurt Pinkel in recruiting. I believe that there are only 3 recruits outside of Vandy in the entire SEC East division. Considering Pinkel has 30+ recruits from TX currently on his team, he can't be too happy what this will do to reruiting.
DD and Scorpio are right, it's well documented that MU has been flirting with the B1G for years, and it has led to much of the instability that the Big 12 has suffered from through the years. This was well researched and documented by Kevin Kietzmann, who has better contacts than all of us.
The stability issue of the conference for MU leaving the Big 12 is just an excuse to take away some of the heat they're receiving for leaving the area. There's a six year granting of rights....plus UT and OU will never get a better situation than they have now with the Longhorn network and upcoming Sooner network, so they ain't going anywhere for a while.
Wasn't it nice of MU to thow out the bone of a holiday tounament in KC because they felt so bad about the negative impact of their leaving the KC area?
Mizzou was a lower middle Big 12 team while they were in this conference, does any MU fan believe they will improve that position when they move to the SEC?

And for the record, no need to feel sorry for KU here. Not only will they get an equal share of 1st and 2nd tier revenue now, but they'll get to keep 100% of the third tier revenue from the Jayhawk network.
jayhawkrobbie is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:43 PM   #18
ez2plz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

I think it all relates to the Civil War, even though some people think it might be over.
ez2plz is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:50 AM   #19
JS42
Valued Poster

Robbie, glad you weighed in on the subject. Problem is, you sound like your typical butt hurt jayhawker shooting from the hip as your post shows. For all the great football talent coming out of the state of Texas, which Bevo (UT) has first choice on, they have to be the one of the biggest underachievers out there. They should win 95% of their games. We are no longer their "lapdog" and have left that status to the little wannabes, ku, kstate, Iowa State, Baylor, pretty much the remaining Big 12 schools minus Okie. So glad that Mizzou on Saturday could officially give Bevo the by kicking their ass on the way out the door.

Yes, we accepted going to the SEC east in able to leave the Big Texas league and go to the best and most stable league. Only time will tell if it hurts our recruiting, but don't think it will much. We weren't getting 5 star recruits out of our Tx pipeline anyways. Pinkel has a fine recruiting plan by finding the hidden gems in Tx that other schools pass up on, develop and coach them up. Our Tx pipeline will not dry up totally as Mizzou has made alot of inroads down there, and with Texas A&M joining us in the SEC, we will still have a presence there. We will bring the same recruiting strategy with us to the SEC, and yes, recruit in the fertile grounds of the SEC. As these links show, some of the SEC states are some of the best recruting areas in the country, notably Florida and Georgia, who are in the SEC East btw:
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...sp?CID=1239398
http://www.livestrong.com/article/34...uiting-states/
For the 2012 recruiting class, Mizzou is currently in the top 25.

Again, I asked for a legit link proving Mizzou was trying to get into the Big 10. Assumptions and rumours shouldn't count, but I will meet ya half way. Personally, I think there was talks between Mizzou and the Big 10 back in 2010. The way I hear it, the Big 10 offered Mizzou junior status to enter the league, and we said no. Talks died after that. For being so "well documented" though Robbie, you would think asking for 1 legit link to prove your point wouldn't be too much to ask. I can't believe you brought up Kietzman as any type of source. I use to like the guy, but through this realignment situation, he has shown to be nothing but a hack, and flat out liar when it concerns Mizzou. Let's remember from your guys on words, Mizzou is nothing, an underachiever, not a big player, Bevos lapdog etc...why then would little ole Mizzou be able to cause so much instability in the Big 12? lmao...puleeeeazzze!

2010 is supposedly when the talks heated up with the Big 10 and all this instability was going on (something you guys can't prove). I just wish I had the smoking gun proving other members were trying to get out of the Big 12 before then. Oh wait, but I do
http://www.12thmanfoundation.com/mem...d-article.aspx
An interview with Tex A@M president R. Bowen Loftin. And nobody has disputed what he said. Brief excerpts:
"Let me take you back to June of 2009. I was interim president and within a few days of that time, I attended my first Big 12 board meeting in Dallas..."
"That’s where I first began to have some degree (of concern) on where the stance of the conference was. In the fall of 2009, we began to hear rumors about UT meeting and talking with the Pac-10."

So you see, the instability issue has alot to do with Mizzou leaving. The SEC is so much more stable and better than the Big 12 on so many levels. Yes, they have dominant programs there, but they look out for each other, they don't backstab and mistrust each other. On the field, they go for blood, but off, they have each others backs. There is a reason why they have no exit fees if a school decides to leave. Ask Arky, who was in the old SWC with Bevo, what they think of Texas. The LHN has just started, but who's to say how successful it will be? Early results isn't very encouraging for Bevo, and if it needs to be downgraded from the monstrosity of what it is now....look out, because that's the only thing keeping them in the Big 12.

The holiday tourney I think was a good idea. Mizzou is sincerely trying to keep it's rivalry with ku. We left the door open, it's ku decision to accept. There are plenty of big time rivalries where teams doesn't share the same conference. Iowa/ Iowa St, Florida/ Florida St, Michigan/ Notre Dame, Army/Navy etc...

The SEC has cyclical runs of dominant teams. All the SEC teams you mentioned has had recent down years, and some prolonged. I think Mizzou will be just fine in the SEC competitively. We have no delusions we will be some powerhouse, but with increased revenue, opening up more fertile recruiting grounds, the recent hire of a fantastic recruiting guy that has long standing ties with the SEC, Mizzou should be mid level just like Arky and SC as a perfect example.

I loved the old Big 8. Alot of great memories associated with that conference. However, times change, and you need to change with them. Mizzou did just that, and looked after their own best interest.

I do appreciate your guys interest in SEC sports though!!
JS42 is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:33 AM   #20
Muffrider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

I have one question: Why is Mizzou so interested in associating with the Securities and Exchange Commission?
Muffrider is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #21
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffrider View Post
I have one question: Why is Mizzou so interested in associating with the Securities and Exchange Commission?
Compliance. LOL
kcbigpapa is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #22
JS42
Valued Poster

Yeah, kinda like ku's FBI compliance...LOL
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2010/ma...rol-athletics/
JS42 is offline   Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:09 AM   #23
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Encounters: 9

JS42, I think after reading this thread I have found your trigger point. LOL.
kcbigpapa is offline   Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:22 AM   #24
Guest090920
Account Disabled

Default I'm confused....

Yep, kcbigpapa, I think you are right! LOL
Guest090920 is offline   Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:27 AM   #25
JS42
Valued Poster

lmao Papa. Yeah, I am a big Mizzou fan, and when I see unfair KC media bias and snarky ass comments from ku/ksate fans, I will defend my school. Especially when said fans don't know what the hell they are talking about. I just find it ridiculous that the rivalries can't be set aside and see who the real culprit in this mess is. And make no mistake, if ku had options, they would explore them too, and I wouldn't blame them.
JS42 is offline   Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:40 AM   #26
Guest090920
Account Disabled

Hey, all of us defend our alma maters vigorously and the rivalries make that even more fun.

Do you sincerely believe Texas is the "real culprit" in this conference re-alignment mess? Is Texas the only culprit and that Missouri had no role in this mess?
Old 11-14-2011, 08:12 AM   #27
JS42
Valued Poster

I'm not saying Mizzou is pure and innocent in the realignment saga. I'm sure Mizzou wished they did some things differently. My point in joining this thread is to defend Mizzou against rumors/unproven BS, and flat out lies by the bias KC media, messages boards and city leaders.

Here is another simple fact, Mizzou isn't picking up the state and moving it elsewhere, they aren't abandoning KC. We will have a presence here and will continue.

And yes, Bevo is the main culprit. This mess has been brewing for a long time. They expect things to be run their way, and only their way. They are the epitome of arrogance. A few examples have been given already in this thread. Bevo helped destroy the old SWC, and they are doing the same to the Big 12. Hell, just a few months ago, almost the entire south part of the Big 12 tried to jump to the Pac, and with Bevo being the richest and biggest amongst them, you honestly don't think they led the way?

Scorpio, they don't care about anybody but themselves. They don't care about making a comfortable and competitive conference where everyone is treated equal. History shows this. Mark my words, if the LHN can be worked out to where it's not a problem to another BCS conference, you very well may see them leaving, or possibly go indy.

I understand and for the most part, enjoy the rivalry potshots thrown at each other between the local schools, but this is so much bigger than that. Do you honestly think that a mid level Big 12 school like Mizzou could cause such instability that old Big 8 schools, like Nebraska and Colorado would flee? Take off your crimson and blue glasses and think about that.
JS42 is offline   Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:53 AM   #28
Guest090920
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS42 View Post
Do you honestly think that a mid level Big 12 school like Mizzou could cause such instability that old Big 8 schools, like Nebraska and Colorado would flee? Take off your crimson and blue glasses and think about that.
First of all, I never said Missouri was the only school involved in creating the instability, I asked if you thought Texas was the "real" culprit and I probably should have said, 'only culprit' or 'main culprit'.

The instability was created, in my view, by a series of factors and schools that yes, did involve some concerns about Texas and their private network, etc. But a year ago, instead of sitting down and discussing the situation professionally, Nebraska ( who had almost Texas-envy as A & M) and Colorado picked up their toys and moved on.

Was Missouri's alleged approach to the Big Ten a factor then in some of the realignment talk a year ago and the decisions by NU and CU to move on? Most definitely, regardless of what you think of media reports, etc.

Stability is a word thrown around by Missouri (and others) to partially justify their abandoning a conference alignment they have been involved with for many years. It's not a bad argument, but not the best one.

If the Big Ten comes calling a year from now or in the next two to three years, will Missouri accept the call and move citing the instability of the SEC?

Finally, I hoped this discussion could remain civil, and I see just fine through my crimson and blue glasses, thank you. I wish you and all the Missouri fans the best in your new gig.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #29
JS42
Valued Poster

Well atleast you can admit that Mizzou isn't the only school that created the instability, unlike many of your ku brethren. Maybe the Nubs and Colorado had enough of Bevo over the years to where they just wanted out. what you fail to see (atleast from your responses on here) is that Bevo has dominated this conference from the start, and some of the proof has been mentioned in this very thread.

Now you may poo poo the notion about the KC media slant in all this, but the fact is, the airwaves and print media in KC is littered with ku and kstate grads. That's not even debatable, and don't think for a second they don't come with their own bias, especially that asshat Kietzman.

As I had already acknowledged, I do believe there was talks between Mizzou and the Big 10. Any school in this POS conference would be fools if they didn't explore their options. And let me be clear on what I mean by the POS conference...I'm not talking about the old Big 8 schools (other than Okie, because they certainly play a part in all this) but towards Bevos' policies that caused the rumblings from the very beginning of the Big 12.

We let those TX schools into OUR conference, and Bevo led the way into dictating how things were going to be done. Some schools over time got fed up with that BS. Whether you care to realize it or not, the Big 12 is a Bevo dominated conference. Some of you guys can think what you want, but Mizzou didn't start this shit, but we sure as hell finished it on our part by getting the hell out.

Hey, I'm all for having a civil discussion here, but maybe you should practice what you preach... "If the Big Ten comes calling a year from now or in the next two to three years, will Missouri accept the call and move citing the instability of the SEC?"...That's inflammatory as fuck and you know it. This decision didn't come easy or lightly for Mizzou. They knew this would be a 100 year decision to make, took their time, and looked at all sides possible.

And again, you want a civil discussion, no problemo, but go back and re-read your first and third posts in this thread...real gems.
JS42 is offline   Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:24 PM   #30
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Why do you assume anyone who dislikes the move is a KU or KSU fan, I am neither and I still think its a bad idea......
dirty dog is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women