Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162331
Yssup Rider60191
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48376
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41219
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 06-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #16
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Wrong Country

You started with worthwhile ideas until you got to the czar part.

I think you may have the wrong country in mind.

Russia is the country for that title, but I don't Russia is where you want to be!

. . . Be careful what you wish for because you may get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.G. Wentworth View Post
Get out of all these wars, get off our dependency on foreign oil, legalize/decriminalize drugs like Portugal did, legalize the hobby, bring our education system back up to high standards, and make myself czar of the country.
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #17
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
You started with worthwhile ideas until you got to the czar part.

I think you may have the wrong country in mind.

Russia is the country for that title, but I don't Russia is where you want to be!

. . . Be careful what you wish for because you may get it!
But Russia usually only had one czar at a time. Sometimes there were two or three if you count the times when there were pretenders, but the current Great Pretender has already made about 41 czar appointments and currently has about 37 active czars in place. So J.G.'s chances are actually pretty good . . . after all, he's got that "hope" thing working for him.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:57 PM   #18
guest061212-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

and "change"
guest061212-1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:37 PM   #19
beaver lover
Gaining Momentum

I could list many things that I think are contributing to our economic problems. But I think Congress is the main problem. The "entitlements" that our elected officials have brought (forced?) upon this country will eventually destroy it. In my opinion the driving force of our Executive and Legislative branches of government is to do what ever it takes to win the next election. Term limits may be a solution.
beaver lover is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:01 AM   #20
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Everytime I see the word "surplus" coming from a democrat, I just laugh. CONGRESS holds the purse strings and Clinton had a Republican congress. The surplus also was a BUDGET surplus, it was not a DEFICIT surplus. Those of you that choose to ignore that they were still deficit spending are just idiots.

Bill was spending like a drunkin' sailor and that is why the liberal congress was voted out. The BUDGET surplus was part of the Balanced Budget and (as much as I dislike newt) the Contract with America. The short term memory and blinders some people have is truly disgusting.
DFW5Traveler is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:20 AM   #21
JONBALLS
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Then there was the internet bubble, after Al Gore created it LOL, the economy exploded..Obama sure could use some "lightning striking twice" about now..
JONBALLS is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #22
guest061212-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW5Traveler View Post
Everytime I see the word "surplus" coming from a democrat, I just laugh. CONGRESS holds the purse strings and Clinton had a Republican congress. The surplus also was a BUDGET surplus, it was not a DEFICIT surplus. Those of you that choose to ignore that they were still deficit spending are just idiots.

Bill was spending like a drunkin' sailor and that is why the liberal congress was voted out. The BUDGET surplus was part of the Balanced Budget and (as much as I dislike newt) the Contract with America. The short term memory and blinders some people have is truly disgusting.

Can you explain further?

Looking at the data, the deficit was reduced during Clinton's time and government revenues exceeded expenses for the first time in over a decade.

More importantly, the current crop of twenty something females do not think of oral as sex and are better at it than any generation before them.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:54 AM   #23
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.G. Wentworth View Post
Can you explain further?

Looking at the data, the deficit was reduced during Clinton's time and government revenues exceeded expenses for the first time in over a decade.

More importantly, the current crop of twenty something females do not think of oral as sex and are better at it than any generation before them.
How about this?

Article I, section 8 of the U.S. Constitution - The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imports and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States; (Altered by Amendment XVI "Income tax".)
  • To borrow money on the credit of the United States;
  • To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;
  • To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;
  • To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;
  • To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;
  • To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;
  • To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;
  • To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;
  • To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offenses against the Law of Nations;
  • To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;
  • To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;
  • To provide and maintain a Navy;
  • To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;
  • To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;
  • To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;
  • To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings; And
  • To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.
People seem to forget that it's the Congress that makes the rules/laws. The Balanced budget that happened during the Clinton Administration would not have happened without the Republican Congress. A President can only propose the laws, he may sign them, but without the Legislative branch, he's nothing, unless he doesn't give a damn about the US Constitution nor the oath he took to defend it.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:23 PM   #24
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation Empty Words

Those are all basically empty words.

Simply spouting off articles of the Constitution does not give your argument any legitimacy, but it certainly adds pomposity to your tirade.

Congress may indeed have certain powers granted to it by the Constitution, like the power to declare war, but still it is the President that sets the tone of policy.

Bush went into Iraq without Congress even declaring war.

President Clinton did not have to take on the powers of Congress to leave this country with a surplus.

He just did not waste away the country's treasure on idiotic wars and led this country prudently when he focused on the economy.

Quote:
How about this?

Article I, section 8 of the U.S. Constitution - The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imports and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States; (Altered by Amendment XVI "Income tax".)
  • To borrow money on the credit of the United States;
  • To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;
  • To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;
  • To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;
  • To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;
  • To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;
  • To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;
  • To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;
  • To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offenses against the Law of Nations;
  • To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;
  • To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;
  • To provide and maintain a Navy;
  • To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;
  • To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;
  • To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;
  • To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings; And
  • To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.
People seem to forget that it's the Congress that makes the rules/laws. The Balanced budget that happened during the Clinton Administration would not have happened without the Republican Congress. A President can only propose the laws, he may sign them, but without the Legislative branch, he's nothing, unless he doesn't give a damn about the US Constitution nor the oath he took to defend it.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #25
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
The Balanced budget that happened during the Clinton Administration would not have happened without the Republican Congress.
As evidenced by what happened when George Bush had a Republican congress.

Quote:
The short term memory and blinders some people have is truly disgusting.
Indeed.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:53 PM   #26
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

You have no credibility when you can't even see what's happening right now. You sound like the progressive Wilson, concerning the US Constitution. If you think that knowing the Constitution makes me pompous, so be it. You can't claim innocents for your administration's out of control spending. They are spending it, not Bush. Bush didn't spend $1T until TARP who your "savior" helped sign into law. :P Have a nice day and learn to be factual with your drivel.

9/30/2010 13,561,623,030,891.70 1,651,794,027,380.00 Obama - Democratic Congress
9/30/2009 11,909,829,003,511.70 1,885,104,106,599.30 Obama - Democratic Congress
9/30/2008 10,024,724,896,912.40 1,017,071,524,649.92 Bush - Democratic Congress
9/30/2007 9,007,653,372,262.48 500,679,473,047.25 Bush - Democratic Congress
9/30/2006 8,506,973,899,215.23 574,264,237,491.73 Bush
9/30/2005 7,932,709,661,723.50 553,656,965,393.18 Bush
9/30/2004 7,379,052,696,330.32 595,821,633,586.70 Bush
9/30/2003 6,783,231,062,743.62 554,995,097,146.46 Bush
9/30/2002 6,228,235,965,597.16 420,772,553,397.10 Bush

http://blog.heritage.org/2010/02/05/...s-in-pictures/

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/r...ebt_histo5.htm

http://www.fms.treas.gov/mts/mts0511.pdf

Quote:
Those are all basically empty words.

Simply spouting off articles of the Constitution does not give your argument any legitimacy, but it certainly adds pomposity to your tirade.

Congress may indeed have certain powers granted to it by the Constitution, like the power to declare war, but still it is the President that sets the tone of policy.

Bush went into Iraq without Congress even declaring war.

President Clinton did not have to take on the powers of Congress to leave this country with a surplus.

He just did not waste away the country's treasure on idiotic wars and led this country prudently when he focused on the economy.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #27
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
As evidenced by what happened when George Bush had a Republican congress.

Indeed.

See above Douche, the rest was the time WAS a Republican congress. The Democrats said we'll fix the spending and that is why the Republicans lost congress during the Bush administration. They fixed it all right, it's been exponantially increasing.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #28
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation Losing It

You're losing it, boy.

When you lose your temper, you lose your argument.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:03 PM   #29
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Quote:
You're losing it, boy.

When you lose your temper, you lose your argument.
LOL!!! Trust me I haven't lost it, but you just did. you obviously have nothing intelligent to add but left-wing talking points, have a great day.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:17 PM   #30
guest061212-1
Account Disabled

It was during the Clinton years that lending restrictions were loosened up ridiculously that caused the mortgage and banking crisis of the last few years. Blame the administration or Congress if you want. They all worked together.

I will concede that congress has more blame than any of the presidents for a lot of our problems. My trust in elected officials, particularly the career politicians, is very low. They are the true high dollar hotties of our nation - bought and paid for.

How do change an oligarchy?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women