Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #16
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
That is your take because you are ignorant. You mean that since these people were elected, we shouldn't complain about what they do, or question it? How stupid is that?
You prove my point.

Complain away but we are the government. If your POV comes to power are you stupid enough to think that no one will complain?

Quote:

I didn't vote for Obama, or Nancy Pelosi, or Harry Reid, or the idiot that represents my district in Congress, Mike Pompeo, or either of my Senators. And I'm to just sit back and watch while they remove every last vestige of freedom because we have a population of takers that prefer government protection more than liberty?

If that makes me an enemy, I'm the enemy. And damn proud to be one. Like Patrick Henry was the enemy of King George.
Well then go take up arms aganist this country if you feel so strongly about it. You and JD , a two man army! I will stick to voting.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:02 AM   #17
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default COG fondle JD's balls and try and cheer him up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Its like talking to a trio of mentally challenged nephews COG. None of them get it. One has to object because he objects to everything. One thinks everything is a joke and his brothers always laugh. The last is just mean and looking for a small animal to torture.
Poor JD
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #18
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

It is not that hard to understand. The activists and lawyers have tried to muddy the waters.

In 1781 the definition of a militia was every able bodied man between 16 and 46. Every man. There was no standing army. This was an individual right just like eight of the other amendments. The tenth amendment concerned what a state could do.

Those are the two most important things to consider; it is an individual right and when written it applied to every man. By extension it would now include any able bodied citizen (male, female, black, white, etc) that can be called upon to protect the country (not government).

Rewriting the Constitution is a tricky, dangerous business. That convention was something special. They operated in secret to create a country unlike any other. George Washington ordered every man present to keep his mouth shut on pain of a personal beating by him. They won't to avoid having anyone lobby the attendees for a special benefit. If we had a convention today then every swinging dick would want to have their own personal amendment and the press would go out of their way to lionize or criticize the members depending on their actions. Always remember, if a constitutional convention is called then the current Constitution becomes null and void and for the duration of the convention which could be stretched out for years. That is the reason why we don't have a new convention every 20 years. Which is the amount of time Thomas Jefferson thought all laws should be reviewed. 20 years or what would be considered one generation.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #19
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Do you even read wtf you write, if so do you understand it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post

Rewriting the Constitution is a tricky, dangerous business. That convention was something special. They operated in secret to create a country unlike any other. George Washington ordered every man present to keep his mouth shut on pain of a personal beating by him. They won't to avoid having anyone lobby the attendees for a special benefit..
Sounds like that is WTF we should have done with the Healthcare Law.

Fucking Obama let the special interests in and fucked up a good thing!

You folks that worship these old goats crack me up. If we tried to do today wtf they did , you'd be pissing your panties about what was going on!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #20
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Personally, I would start with this one:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

Sorry, but no matter how many times I read it, I just don't understand exactly what rights it is bestowing upon us. And I am hardly alone -- it has been the most discussed Constitutional Amendment in our history. Assuming, as has been ruled by SCOTUS, it applies not just to the militia but to average citizens, is it sayiing that ANYONE can own ANY weapon and carry it ANY PLACE at ANY TIME??? Only hardline Constitutionalists believe that. So what rights are we guaranteed by the Second Amendment? I would like it clearly spelled out in terms we can all understand.
It seems to me that the second ammendment was put in the Constitution so that the people would have a final safegaurd against tyrrany. I don't think the right to bear arms was intended to be absolute. The founders weren't stupid. I'm sure they assumed we would make restrictions on crazy people and criminals owning guns.

The second ammendment is similar to the first ammendment which guarantees freedom of speech. The primary purpose of the first ammendment was to protect political speech, because, like the second ammendment, our ability to criticize the government is essential in order to protect our liberty. The right to free speech is also not absolute, no sensable person would argue that the intention of the first ammendment was to protect the ability to slander, lible or release national security secrets.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #21
SpeedRacerXXX
Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
It seems to me that the second ammendment was put in the Constitution so that the people would have a final safegaurd against tyrrany. I don't think the right to bear arms was intended to be absolute. The founders weren't stupid. I'm sure they assumed we would make restrictions on crazy people and criminals owning guns.

The second ammendment is similar to the first ammendment which guarantees freedom of speech. The primary purpose of the first ammendment was to protect political speech, because, like the second ammendment, our ability to criticize the government is essential in order to protect our liberty. The right to free speech is also not absolute, no sensable person would argue that the intention of the first ammendment was to protect the ability to slander, lible or release national security secrets.
WELL SAID!!
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:09 PM   #22
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
First of all, the Bill of Rights is part of the Constitution; it's the first ten ammendments. Secondly, the founders understood that changes in the Constitution would be necessary over time; that's why they allowed for the ammendment process. We need to continue ammending the Constitution, when necessary.

The founders were extraordinary men; they were the best men of their generation. Our political leaders today are not our best and brightest. I do not trust them to completely rewrite the Constitution. If they did, I think the end result would be a nightmare.
this country would look more like a 3rd world country or European country.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #23
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
You folks that worship these old goats crack me up. If we tried to do today wtf they did , you'd be pissing your panties about what was going on!
While you, WDF, merit neither a response nor acknowledgment, I'm going to respond anyway.

Damn right I'd have been pissed at the Constitutional Convention being held in secret. I'd have been outside each day demanding to know what the hell was going on. They were sent there to fix the Articles of Confederation, not draft a new government.

While I can't deny they drafted the most elegant governing document ever written, I would have been angry as hell that they thought they could do this in secret.

But it worked out, this time. And just because we got the Constitution out of a secret government meeting, doesn't mean government should act in secret unless absolutely necessary, for an objectively recognizable national security interest.

Does the end justify the means? No. We got lucky that time. The intellect assembled to be able to do that no longer exists in politics. No more secret dealings.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:51 AM   #24
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

. No more secret dealings.
Dream on COG...

Quote:
While you, WDF, merit neither a response nor acknowledgment, I'm going to respond anyway.

. .
...priceless!

Quote:

While I can't deny they drafted the most elegant governing document ever written, I would have been angry as hell that they thought they could do this in secret.

If it was so good, how come we are in the mess we are today? You are a fool , a likeable one but a fool none the less.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:48 AM   #25
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

We are in the mess we're in today thanks to greedy politicians and ignorant judges changing the meaning of the Constitution based on their whims, instead of following the proper procedure. The Constitution can't defend itself, that's why office holders swear to "preserve, protect and defend" it. They have lied. The Constitution is essentially meaningless today, thanks to people like you who think government should be able to do whatever it wants.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:28 AM   #26
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
We are in the mess we're in today thanks to greedy politicians and ignorant judges changing the meaning of the Constitution based on their whims, instead of following the proper procedure. .
Our founding fathers did not like one form of government and over threw it. They then set up one that benifited them the most. Old white guys. That is human nature. Your idol worship of these men is strange. We have people just as smart today and just as greedy.

Quote:
The Constitution can't defend itself, that's why office holders swear to "preserve, protect and defend" it. .
WTF are you talking about old man? The people you worship set it up like it is...in secret I might add.

Our form of government is proving to be a libality instead of an asset in these modern times.

Quote:
The Constitution is essentially meaningless today, thanks to people like you who think government should be able to do whatever it wants.
We get exactly what we vote for, JD votes for more spending in the military, yet wants to cut spending everywhere else. We are a selfish lot. We are getting exactly what a dumb electorate deserve.

You want government to protect you at every turn and yet bitch the most about how huge government has become.

I scratch my head a you bitchers/birthers.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:36 AM   #27
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Ok. You don't respect the Constitution. Many don't.

But until you learn to spell like an adult, and quit thinking that calling someone a "homo" is funny, you really don't have any credibility about much of anything.

But keep making stuff up. I know you need to feel superior. Have a nice day.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:08 AM   #28
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Ok. You don't respect the Constitution. Many don't.

Many don't?

What a stupid thing to say, ever time the Supreme Court rules in a way that a group does not like, that group says the SC does not respect the true Constitution!

You seem to think there is only one way to interpret the Constitution, your way. If others disagree, then they "do not respect the Constitution"! How very convenient of you and your Tea nuts cohorts.

Quote:

But until you learn to spell like an adult, and quit thinking that calling someone a "homo" is funny, you really don't have any credibility about much of anything.

But keep making stuff up. I know you need to feel superior. Have a nice day.
So to have creed in your 'hood, you need to know how to spell fuc and it is not funny when people call you gay for acting so. Got it. Is that in the Constitution?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:40 AM   #29
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

It's "cred". Creed is a statement of religious faith. English eludes you, doesn't it?

You need help. I'm just trying to encourage you to get it.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women