Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162325
Yssup Rider60190
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41219
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-12-2013, 07:05 PM   #16
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
Sorry knucklehead, but you're the one who imagines that the Constitution is whatever you want it to mean. As evidenced by your repetitive idiotic posts stating that the Constitution has a meaning that the SCOTUS (who, sorry you don't know this...are the folks that decide such things) has repeatedly rejected. We can start with Roe v. Wade if you like.

If you want to say you disagree with the SCOTUS about something, that's fine. Tell us about your legal education, your legal reasoning and your legal conclusions about why they are wrong. Sorry, but the SCOTUS is made up of folks who spend their lives figuring out what the document means. Tell me again...what do you do? And what qualifies you to tell the rest of us what the Constitution means?
You say that my position on Roe v Wade is idiotic. It's same position held by four of the current members of the court. Roe v Wade came within a hair's breadth of being overturned in 1992. It would have been, except that Anthony Kennedy changed his mind at the last minute.

I wish the majority of the court "spent their lives figuring out what the document means." That's what they're supposed to do. They're supposed to figure out the original intent of the words and rule accordingly. That's called originalism and the left doesn't believe that's how the Constitution should be interpreted. The left believes that original intent doesn't matter today because the Constitution was written long ago by a bunch of old white slave owners whose opinions are meaningless in today's world.

If Obama and the rest of his fellow travelers had their way, the Constitution would be completely abandoned.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #17
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
You say that my position on Roe v Wade is idiotic. It's same position held by four of the current members of the court. Roe v Wade came within a hair's breadth of being overturned in 1992. It would have been, except that Anthony Kennedy changed his mind at the last minute.

I wish the majority of the court "spent their lives figuring out what the document means." That's what they're supposed to do. They're supposed to figure out the original intent of the words and rule accordingly. That's called originalism and the left doesn't believe that's how the Constitution should be interpreted. The left believes that original intent doesn't matter today because the Constitution was written long ago by a bunch of old white slave owners whose opinions are meaningless in today's world.

If Obama and the rest of his fellow travelers had their way, the Constitution would be completely abandoned.
Do you agree with the Heller decision on 2nd Amendment rights? It was 5-4. You're OK with that one, right? Or, do you think that decision should not have the force of law that Roe v. Wade has?
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #18
fetishfreak
Account Disabled

Encounters: 15

Quote:
He's an idiot. Burning a flag or stomping on it, is protected speech in a certain context...a political rally, for instance. But, doing it in front of a captive audience of school kids seems over the line to me. He should be fired.
That is exactly where this type of thing should occur. How else are our children going to learn to think for themselves. This type of demonstration is designed to instill a sense of debate within the students to inspire them to make their own decisions about what they believe.

Society is doing so much to harm school age children's ability to decide for themselves. We suspend kids for wearing T-shirts that might offend someone else. Some schools will force them to say things like the "Pledge of Allegiance" and scorn them if they choose not to participate. Other schools will suspend a child for praying silently to themselves or "Tebowing."

A group of Children have been suspended for finding a topless photo of a teacher on her school issued iPad given to them by her.

Children are being expelled for refusing to wear a tracking device while on school grounds.

This is an incident of High School age young adults. The issue is only being brought up because of Parental outrage over nothing. This guy should not be fired he is doing his job. He is teaching these kids to think for themselves. Something that so much of this nation does not want them to learn.

A school administrator said this....

A spokesperson for the school district, Mark Bounds, said: "Our superintendent served in the military, I served in the military for 20 years, our flag is a symbol of our freedom, and so many people have fought and died for that liberty, and so we take this action very seriously.”

I wonder if he can see the irony of this.
fetishfreak is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #19
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Do you agree with the Heller decision on 2nd Amendment rights? It was 5-4. You're OK with that one, right? Or, do you think that decision should not have the force of law that Roe v. Wade has?
For better or for worse, all supreme court decisions have the force of law. I think Roe v Wade should be overturned; until it is, it's the law. I thought upholding Obamacare was a mistake, but it's still the law of the land.

Since Heller upholds the individual's right to bear arms, I agree with it. The second amendment clearly gives Americans the right to own guns.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #20
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

There is a difference in free speech when he is at his place of employment. An employee does not have the right to say anything they want without risking management disapproval and potential firing. He could have easily made his point without actually stepping on the flag so you can't use his teaching as an excuse.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:32 PM   #21
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Timmy, are you serious? You think SC Justices have spent their lives trying to figure out what the Constitution means? What a crock of shit. Justices are appointed because of how they are willing to twist the Constitution in the direction of the current powers that be. How the hell else could legal midgets like Sotomayor or Kagan get on the Court? Or Souter, there was a "brilliant" justice.

The Senate Judiciary Committee makes sure whoever is nominated meets their ideology, not their knowledge. If knowledge was a criterion, Robert Bork would have been Chief Justice. Or Laurence Tribe.

Legal scholars no longer get appointed to the Court. Legal puppets only need apply.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:57 PM   #22
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Timmy, are you serious? You think SC Justices have spent their lives trying to figure out what the Constitution means? What a crock of shit. Justices are appointed because of how they are willing to twist the Constitution in the direction of the current powers that be. How the hell else could legal midgets like Sotomayor or Kagan get on the Court? Or Souter, there was a "brilliant" justice.

The Senate Judiciary Committee makes sure whoever is nominated meets their ideology, not their knowledge. If knowledge was a criterion, Robert Bork would have been Chief Justice. Or Laurence Tribe.

Legal scholars no longer get appointed to the Court. Legal puppets only need apply.
You simple-minded sack of shit. I'll presume it was just an oversight on your part when you neglected to mention Clarence Thomas as a mental midget not worthy of an appointment. Once again, your ideological stripes betray you.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:06 AM   #23
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Thomas turned out better than I thought, but he is still a shill for Monsanto. But no, he was not the "legal scholar" that should have been appointed to the Court. I'll give you that one, Timmy. He should be on the list.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:22 AM   #24
fetishfreak
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
There is a difference in free speech when he is at his place of employment. An employee does not have the right to say anything they want without risking management disapproval and potential firing. He could have easily made his point without actually stepping on the flag so you can't use his teaching as an excuse.
You are correct. He does risk being fired, my point is why fire a teacher who was obviously getting through to the students.

This issue came to light because a father overheard his daughter talking about it to a friend. She didn't go to him to complain. The teacher got this particular student to talk about a real concrete grown up issue outside of the classroom. Sure he risked being fired, but the system would lose a good teacher.

Think back to the teachers you had in high school, do you remember the ones that just followed a textbook or do you remember the ones that inspired you to think?
Old 01-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #25
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:

W.C. Fields was a notorious athiest. Someone once saw him reading the Bible and asked him why an athiest like him was reading the Bible. Fields said he was looking for loopholes.

The only reason leftist judges study the Constitution is to find ways to get around the original intent of the founders. The clear intent of the Constitution is to limit the size of the federal government. When the court interprets the interstate commerce clause to give the federal government power it was never intended to have, they're not abiding by the intentions of the founders.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #26
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetishfreak View Post
You are correct. He does risk being fired, my point is why fire a teacher who was obviously getting through to the students.

This issue came to light because a father overheard his daughter talking about it to a friend. She didn't go to him to complain. The teacher got this particular student to talk about a real concrete grown up issue outside of the classroom. Sure he risked being fired, but the system would lose a good teacher.

Think back to the teachers you had in high school, do you remember the ones that just followed a textbook or do you remember the ones that inspired you to think?
Since all I have seen are comments about this in the news I clearly do not know all the facts. I will agree with you that it is possible that this is being taken out of proportion or context and the people in that community can make that decision. I believe that any radical absolutists are in the minority and the local community can handle this appropriately.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #27
fetishfreak
Account Disabled

The local community can handle it! I like it!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #28
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Isn't that what's happening?
Old 01-13-2013, 08:47 PM   #29
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
He's an idiot. Burning a flag or stomping on it, is protected speech in a certain context...a political rally, for instance. But, doing it in front of a captive audience of school kids seems over the line to me. He should be fired.
"Three" captive audiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetishfreak View Post
Clearly I failed to make my point.

I respect this teacher's freedom of speech.

I served for over 15 years in the Navy. I believe that the flag is a symbol of what made this country great. It is only a symbol though, liberty is what made this country great. Firing a teacher for using his first amendment right of free speech to provoke discourse of ideas is exactly what we need form our teachers.

This was an honors class, the students in this class deserve the right to be able to work above the fray of petty attempts to indoctrinate children into a politically correct point of view.
He did it in front of three classes only one of which was identified as "honors".

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...-stomping.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
Where does the article say anything about conservatives? Or liberals for that matter?

It says "the school" punished him for stomping on the flag.

Perhaps you assume they are conservatives because you think liberals like stomping on the American flag?
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
Who cares about the comments, and not the content of the article? Those comments are no different than comments here. Posted by a bunch of people with all sorts of political leanings and beliefs.
+1
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #30
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:

Hell if that is true you could get appointed if you suck up a little.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women