Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > Coed Discussions
test
Coed Discussions Hobby-related discussions belong here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70764
biomed163071
Yssup Rider60695
gman4453282
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48612
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42401
CryptKicker37205
The_Waco_Kid36830
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 05-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #16
SexyKaylen
Account Disabled

User ID: 72815
My ECCIE Reviews

I dont get it!!! Why didnt you close the "KAYLEN" Thread but you guys close and vanish MW Review..WHY IS THAT?
SexyKaylen is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #17
malwoody
LOST IN THE GT

Encounters: 2
Default Well Sumbitch....

Exibit # 1...there are two more

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=374396

Oh and BTW....I don't give a flying Fornication about credit for PA....
Trust me when I say, if the thread that vanished does not reappear, there will be another review tomorrow.....
malwoody is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #18
Guest102513-1
Account Disabled

Default Real simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyKaylen View Post
I dont get it!!! Why didnt you close the "KAYLEN" Thread but you guys close and vanish MW Review..WHY IS THAT?

Not rocket science stuff, at all....the Kaylen thread was moved to the Sandbox. It was given a chance to die a nature death. Perfect example of good moderating
Plus as I recalled, it ended up being a nice opportunity for you to get some marketing out of it. (No need to thank me, always happy to help out, lol)

The MW review was closed and vanished....perfect example of bad moderating. (Unless there were nuclear rules broken.)

A good example of a thread disappearing was the "She's 14 years old" thread.

That...unintentionally by the OP...broke the rule of no discussion of underage kids,

And I agree with Ken Monk...some of the eccie rules are definitely open to interpretation by a Mod. So some differences will exist...not a perfect world..

However, as KM stated, things disappearing, when no nuclear rules were apparently broken

Some folks will say...BIG DEAL (not you BD). But once a Mod potentially begins to place his personal opinion, into his actions as a Mod. Well we have seen a number of examples in the past where that has happened with previous Mods. Ultimately it is only a matter of time before those situations end up getting ugly.
Guest102513-1 is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #19
malwoody
LOST IN THE GT

Encounters: 2
Default And furthermore...

We have the infamous fake review posted by one of our esteemed members..
Quite frankly I thought it to be rather clever but I must wonder why it is still listed when the reviewer himself admitted it was a complete fabrication

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=327353
malwoody is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #20
Wizard of Ahhhhs
Premium Access

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyKaylen View Post
...Why didn't you close the "KAYLEN" Thread but you guys close and vanish MW Review..WHY IS THAT?
Umm, maybe because, try as you might to make it about you, Kaylen, this particular thread isn't about you, so there are no white knights or mods supporting it and keeping it open.
Quote:
Originally Posted by malwoody View Post
...if the thread that vanished does not reappear, there will be another review tomorrow.....
Well, damn it, malwoody, I didn't get to read your review before it got quarantined, so I WANNA SEE IT!!!!! I at least want to see who paid for lunch!
Wizard of Ahhhhs is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #21
SexyKaylen
Account Disabled

User ID: 72815
My ECCIE Reviews

WTF Wiz i was just asking a question. WOW i cant say nothing at all...Ill just keep my mouth shut on this bored..
It was a great review MW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard of Ahhhhs View Post
Umm, maybe because, try as you might to make it about you, Kaylen, this particular thread isn't about you, so there are no white knights or mods supporting it and keeping it open.Well, damn it, malwoody, I didn't get to read your review before it got quarantined, so I WANNA SEE IT!!!!! I at least want to see who paid for lunch!
SexyKaylen is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #22
ElumEno
In it for the DATY!

Encounters: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkmaster View Post
Some folks will say...BIG DEAL (not you BD). But once a Mod potentially begins to place his personal opinion, into his actions as a Mod. Well we have seen a number of examples in the past where that has happened with previous Mods. Ultimately it is only a matter of time before those situations end up getting ugly.
I cannot think of any ex mods that made that mistake.
ElumEno is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #23
big country
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

The location was given too spot on. How did you get away with burger and fries? I think the last dinner I had with a provider cost me $90. Damn wine.
big country is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:04 PM   #24
BigDeal
Premium Access

Encounters: 69

I think it was stolen and it has pecker prints all over it..... I say call the cops ...you were robbed!

Im sure they would investigate!!!!!!

Malwoody writing a review about anything wouldve been a work of art almost MOANING LISA like!

LOL
BigDeal is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #25
JS42
Valued Poster

Encounters: 55

Damn, I wanna see that review. And if you write another one MW, do it around 5:30 or so in the evening so I can see it before it's removed.
JS42 is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #26
jan-w
Premium Access

Encounters: 73

I don't think this was handled well from the 1st post. Too much bombast and bluster tend to make people, even mods, defensive and stubborn. Trying to shame a mod to reverse a decision to hide a thread by threatening to write another one is really backing someone into a corner.

If you have a gripe, try to handle it privately at 1st. If you get no satisfaction, maybe make it public but do it in a way that let's someone save face and back out graciously.
jan-w is online now   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #27
ElumEno
In it for the DATY!

Default Say WHAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMonk View Post
The guidelines for this site are open to interpretation, regardless of this issue or not. My comments aren't directed at this post or the review that was removed, but to the discussion of how guidelines are different within different regions.

Each region does not have a different set of guidelines.. there is only one set of guidelines for the board.
Yes each moderator will have a different interpretation of those guidelines... but when the owners have made their views clear.
then that is the only interpretation that matters.

Different regions will have different views on subjects and there are various factors for this. The easy one to point to is cultural differences. The culture of Kansas City in general is different than that of Dallas or Houston for example. You said it yourself long ago Elam when discussing pictures within reviews. If I remember correctly you said "this isn't Dallas, stop trying to make it Dallas by putting pictures in reviews", or something to that affect. There is nothing within the guidelines that state this, but it was frowned upon within the community.

Your memory is failing you... never have I said anything of the sorts, as a matter of fact I have place pictures in a few of my reviews.

In my opinion if it is good for any of the Texas boards then it should be good here, since after all this board did get its start in Texas.

Different individual backgrounds view things differently, so some things will never be 100% the same across a site that spans the entire United States, parts of Canada, and even parts of Europe.

With that said, I have been extremely vocal in the past regarding threads being moved, closed, or removed completely, to the point of it being frowned upon due to being a member of the staff. I disagree with it a great deal, but I can't speak intelligently on a post I never saw.
It just gets me how many times that the moderators have to be reminded that removing (hiding) or closing threads is not okay no matter what region you're in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan-w View Post
I don't think this was handled well from the 1st post. Too much bombast and bluster tend to make people, even mods, defensive and stubborn. Trying to shame a mod to reverse a decision to hide a thread by threatening to write another one is really backing someone into a corner.

If you have a gripe, try to handle it privately at 1st. If you get no satisfaction, maybe make it public but do it in a way that let's someone save face and back out graciously.
Unfortunately trying to get things resolved the right way seems to now fall on deaf ears.
The attitude lately from a few of the moderators has been one of 'Its my way or the high way'.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #28
KenMonk
Premium Access

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElamEno View Post
It just gets me how many times that the moderators have to be reminded that removing (hiding) or closing threads is not okay no matter what region you're in.

Unfortunately trying to get things resolved the right way seems to now fall on deaf ears.
The attitude lately from a few of the moderators has been one of 'Its my way or the high way'.

http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...0&postcount=14

I was a little off, but it happens. You did seem to say a little something of the sort though :P

I also didn't mean that each region had different guidelines, just that the interpretation may be different from region to region. Its up the community to determine the mods, so the mods are typically a reflection of the community they mod within. Its different from mod to mod. That is all that I meant by it because I have seen things fly here that doesn't fly in Dallas for example and vice-versa.

In certain cases though threads should be moved. For example when threads are posted in the wrong areas. Simply moving a thread isn't that big of an issue, its the closing and hiding that typically raises concern among the masses, and I have agreed with most of the closings done in KC (I would like to point that they are typically rare to my knowledge).

Again, I can't comment directly about the review as I haven't seen it, but my opinion on reviews is that if they are for things such as restaurants, or a trip to a bar they are best served in the sandbox, or at least co-ed. This also gives ladies a chance to interact with the joke/humor thread where as they wouldn't be able to do so if it were within a review forum.
KenMonk is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #29
ElumEno
In it for the DATY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMonk View Post
http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...0&postcount=14

I was a little off, but it happens. You did seem to say a little something of the sort though :P

You sure are becoming a master at taking things out of context...

I also didn't mean that each region had different guidelines, just that the interpretation may be different from region to region. Its the same from mod to mod. That is all that I meant by it because I have seen things fly here that doesn't fly in Dallas for example and vice-versa.

That is just it...
What does not fly here should not fly in Dallas and vice-versa.
What does fly in Dallas should also fly here and vice-versa.
especially after the subject has been hashed out multiple times and the interpretation of the guidelines have been made very clear.

In certain cases though threads should be moved. For example when threads are posted in the wrong areas. Simply moving a thread isn't that big of an issue, its the closing and hiding that typically raises concern among the masses, and I have agreed with most of the closings done in KC (I would like to point that they are typically rare to my knowledge).

I concur with almost everything you said here..
There are times that posts/threads should be removed and hidden...
but only when there is a clear violation of the guidelines or if it is skating along that gray area that needs farther review.

Again, I can't comment directly about the review as I haven't seen it, but my opinion on reviews is that if they are for things such as restaurants, or a trip to a bar they are best served in the sandbox, or at least co-ed. This also gives ladies a chance to interact with the joke/humor thread where as they wouldn't be able to do so if it were within a review forum.

My opinion stays the same... it should be moved to the Other Reviews/Discussion forum as other reviews of a similar nature have been in other areas.

BTW - if there is Discussion in the review forum header then the Ladies can post with in that forum...
I will admit that I believe they do not have the option to post on actual review threads...
Old 05-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #30
KenMonk
Premium Access

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElamEno View Post

I agree it should be the same across the board, but it just simply isn't, and I don't believe it ever will be. It really is up to the community as a whole to determine what flies and what doesn't, but when you have such a large community, for example the several thousand here on this website, it is difficult to get them together you force mods to enforce guidelines the same regardless of forum area or region.

Taking things out of context is just another fantastic example of interpretation is it not?
KenMonk is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women