Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70700
biomed162455
Yssup Rider60307
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48417
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41388
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35785
Mojojo33117

Old 12-18-2014, 08:08 AM   #16
Guest092216
Account Disabled

User ID: 144244
My ECCIE Reviews

The mental fatigue is quite a lot from what I hear. Its not just fatalities. Its mental anguish.

Also, I don't believe most cops are bad. Probably a lot like nurses where its good to take a break for a few years and come back to it. High stress job workers do that a lot. Maybe police should too. I don't believe most people are bad and cops are people so the same rule applies.

It's great that North Texas and Dallas PD are already wearing or instituting the wear of body cams. One Texas town has been wearing them since 2011 and complaints against the police department has decreased a lot. I'll try to see if I can find where I read it.
Guest092216 is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 09:15 AM   #17
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill Jackson View Post
I agree. I don't think most cops are good, quite the opposite. Even the really bad ones who kill people and steal money, etc are defended by the other ones which makes them just as bad.

Just think if a civilian kills someone and another person helps him get away with it he's charged with "accessory" to murder or aiding and abetting. When cops kill people they all cover it up and work together but no charges are filed and all the cops involved get away, both the shooter and police union rep who helps him get away with murder.

It's really like a gang and anyone who speaks out against corruption will be an outcast or lose his job. They don't want whistle-blowers on the force.
I disagree with you, Trill. The overwhelming majority of cops are good people doing a tough job.
Walk a mile in their moccasins, if you can envision it, and consider that they have to decide in 1/4 of a second what to do to save a life, including their own, and we have years to dissect it, and with better information.
I do acknowledge that if you have been treated poorly by the cops because of your race that that sucks. A black cop gave me a ticket once, and was rude to me, and I still hate his guts. I didn't run that red light!!!
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 09:45 AM   #18
Trill Jackson
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
I disagree with you, Trill. The overwhelming majority of cops are good people doing a tough job.
Walk a mile in their moccasins, if you can envision it, and consider that they have to decide in 1/4 of a second what to do to save a life, including their own, and we have years to dissect it, and with better information.
I do acknowledge that if you have been treated poorly by the cops because of your race that that sucks. A black cop gave me a ticket once, and was rude to me, and I still hate his guts. I didn't run that red light!!!
I'm white. I still care about other people's rights though. I have been hassled by police, but I have never actually needed them for anything. I have never called 911 in my entire life.

I agree we need detectives working in offices and solving serious crimes but patrol cops have almost no place in society.

They don't prevent crime.

Having a bunch of cops patrolling and over-policing only gives us the illusion that we are safe.
Trill Jackson is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:24 AM   #19
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

I'm not making this up.. I failed the driving test my first 2 tries, both of them with a black trooper riding along.. passed the 3rd time.. guess what? white trooper..

what I failed to mention above, is that the first 2 times I stopped at the red light.. then turned "right on red".. IIRC, that had not been legal very long, and I wanted to impress that I knew the law.. almost got hit by another car both times! 2 fucking times!

so it was me, not the black troopers..
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 02:45 PM   #20
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolongus View Post
It certainly is a thankless profession. It's too bad the horror stories of cops clubbing or choking a man are prevalent over the unreported great stories of police saving lives.

I just wish that during the hiring and training of them, somebody would have the brains to kick out the jerks before they graduate, get a gun, go on the street and can't wait to bully or threaten somebody.
Given the horrible pay and decreasing pension benefits, do you really think that the job attracts enough of the right kind of applicants to fill the positions? I don't. If it wasn't for the substantial group that has a psychological need to abuse power, there wouldn't be enough people to fill the job openings.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 09:04 PM   #21
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Given the horrible pay and decreasing pension benefits, do you really think that the job attracts enough of the right kind of applicants to fill the positions? I don't. If it wasn't for the substantial group that has a psychological need to abuse power, there wouldn't be enough people to fill the job openings.
couldn't have said it better!
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 05:27 AM   #22
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Encounters: 122

Quote:

Kinda scary, isn't it?
Prolongus is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 09:57 AM   #23
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Quote:
I'm white. I still care about other people's rights though. I have been hassled by police, but I have never actually needed them for anything. I have never called 911 in my entire life.

I agree we need detectives working in offices and solving serious crimes but patrol cops have almost no place in society.

They don't prevent crime.

Having a bunch of cops patrolling and over-policing only gives us the illusion that we are safe.
Trill, if you have never had to call the cops, you might consider they are actually doing their job quite well!
As are the laws, the courts, the DA, the Feds, etc....

Additionally, to those who insult the quality of the officers, I can assure you many people want those jobs, the screening process is intense and very involved, the training is rigorous, and the standards high. They are a fine group of people, especially if they leave me alone.....when I want them to!!!
Old 12-19-2014, 10:02 AM   #24
marvelousntx
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

Finding a dirty cop is easy. Just pick up the phone and call the police station. Doesn't really matter who answers the phone.
marvelousntx is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 10:30 AM   #25
Trill Jackson
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Trill, if you have never had to call the cops, you might consider they are actually doing their job quite well!

Additionally, to those who insult the quality of the officers, I can assure you many people want those jobs, the screening process is intense and very involved, the training is rigorous, and the standards high. They are a fine group of people, especially if they leave me alone.....when I want them to!!!
It's going to be funny when one of you pro-authoritarian cop-lovers gets arrested for "hobbying."

I highly doubt you'll have a good view of them when you're eating stale bread in Lew Sterret.
Trill Jackson is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 11:21 AM   #26
str8.2.bbbj
Premium Access

Encounters: 23

I downloaded a book the other day called "The Most Dangerous Superstition" by Larken Rose. I HIGHLY reccomend it.

Here is an exert...

What the Badge Means

Those who do the bidding of a supposed “authority” usually go out of their way to make it clear that they are doing so. When a soldier dons his military attire, marches in formation, or gets into a military vehicle; when a cop puts on his uniform and gets into the car marked “POLICE”; when a plainclothes “government” agent – whether from the FBI, IRS, U.S. Marshals, or any other agency – shows his “badge” or announces his “official” title, he is making a very specific statement, which can be summed up as follows:

“I am not acting as a thinking, responsible, independent human being, and should not be treated as such. I am not personally responsible for my actions, because I am not acting from my own free will or my own judgment or right and wrong. I am, instead, acting as the tool of something superhuman, something with the right to rule you and control you. As such, I can do things that you can’t. I have rights that you don’t. You must do as I say, submit to my commands, and treat me as your superior, because I am not a mere human being. I have risen above that. Through my unquestioning obedience and loyalty to my masters, I have become a piece of the superhuman entity called ‘authority.’ As a result, the rules of human morality do not apply to me, and my actions should not be judged by the usual standards of human behavior.”

I've NEVER trusted cops. And I believe that the only people who do are the ones who've never had a real run in with them.

I can tell you a great story from 1989 (I was 16) when I was "parking" with a HS girlfriend (she was white) how the cops cuffed me, slammed me on the car, and interrogated me. Asked if I was trying to rape the girl. Asked her if I was a rapist. And reminded me that it was nothing for a "n----r who didn't know his place to come up missing..."
str8.2.bbbj is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:00 PM   #27
str8.2.bbbj
Premium Access

Encounters: 23

Sorry, my SO walked in before I could finish my thought.

The other thing I was going to say is that just this year I was doing a project for a lady who was running for a school board seat in my hometown. She contacted me about printing some signs for her.

They came back and I had given her the wrong size. No problem. I just reordered as soon as she let me know. Well, her husband (a black cop) was upset that I didn't overnight the signs. He proceeded to ask "if I knew what he did" and "if I knew how hard he could make it for me when I made visits home..."

I laughed and told him that his boss is my brother from another mother and that he's have better luck trying to muscle someone else.

That said, none of this is a race issue. Those in "authority" believe that they are better than everyone else. They believe that we are no more than cattle. And until there's no government, there will be slaves and masters.
str8.2.bbbj is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:32 PM   #28
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:

Horseshit!! I live in a small town. We have cops with very little training. The pay -- about $30,000 per office -- is shit. Their retirement and insurance benefits have been cut to the bone. No education requirement other than a HS diploma or a GED. They have to have a TCLEOSE certificate or be enrolled to get one. That's it. Lots of turn over, too. About a third to a half of the officers move on after one year. 2/3 are 25 years or under.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:36 PM   #29
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Quote:
It's going to be funny when one of you pro-authoritarian cop-lovers gets arrested for "hobbying."

I highly doubt you'll have a good view of them when you're eating stale bread in Lew Sterret.
No doubt about that!! I would hope at that point that my pro-police postings on this board would have some weight...LOL
Old 12-19-2014, 12:37 PM   #30
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Quote:
Horseshit!! I live in a small town. We have cops with very little training. The pay -- about $30,000 per office -- is shit. Their retirement and insurance benefits have been cut to the bone. No education requirement other than a HS diploma or a GED. They have to have a TCLEOSE certificate or be enrolled to get one. That's it. Lots of turn over, too. About a third to a half of the officers move on after one year. 2/3 are 25 years or under.
OK - you got me there. I was thinking of the HP cops....and the DPD.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women