Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70700
biomed162471
Yssup Rider60308
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48417
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41388
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35797
Mojojo33117

Old 07-09-2014, 10:35 PM   #16
bojulay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

DQ has a lovely steak finger basket.

I wink at the girl behind the counter and she
gives me an extra cup of gravy.

Cook your own at the house, about 10 minutes
Let it rest about 5 min before you cut it.
For years I used to torture steaks by broiling them.

bojulay is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:08 AM   #17
Lust4xxxLife
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Del Frisco's is the best I've experienced for both steaks and ambience.

I took a client to the Capital Grill in Plano at Legacy and I won't go back there. I can cook a much better steak than that. Very strong iron taste... not properly aged.

III Forks is ok, but it's a cavernous place. Not great ambience.

Ruth's Chris is consistently good.
Lust4xxxLife is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:08 AM   #18
Smokin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Chamberlains is actually my favorite. And if you go with a lady, and she's down for it, the attached cigar bar has awesome ambiance and nice leather chairs to cuddle up on.
Smokin is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:47 AM   #19
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

I've always thought Del Frisco's was quite good and very consistent, although I haven't been there in some time.

On a few occasions I've had some very good food at Nick & Sam's, although it hardly offers an intimate atmosphere. Thus I've always thought of it as a good place for dinner with friends, family, or a few business partners or professional associates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Pappas Brothers is one of the better steak houses in town with meat much like the others. They are very unique in one respect. They have a world class wine list that has fairly reasonable mark ups...
Word!

Their wine list isn't just pretty good, or even very good -- it's full-on wonderful. As good, in my opinion, as any of the better joints in New York or San Francisco.

The last time I was there (about 3-4 months ago) I had a bone-in filet that was as good as any I've ever had. The service is first-rate and many tables offer quiet, intimate atmosphere. Just in case your lady friend is not into steaks as much as you are (as many women aren't), they offer a number of nice seafood and other alternatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
Golden Corral
Yes, always a wonderful choice!

And while dining there, you can discuss shopping for quality pre-owned vehicles. I've heard that the Trabant is a nice, luxurious option.
Texas Contrarian is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:25 AM   #20
Luke Skywalker
Valued Poster

Encounters: 56

All the above covers a lot of ground.

I would add also the capital grill . It's excellent.
Luke Skywalker is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:33 AM   #21
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion437 View Post
... I'm fully aware few providers will lose all sexual abandon for a T-bone.
Maybe not for a T-bone but prime rib? Oh yes.

You know what might be a panty dropper for me? If a man grilled steaks, for us, himself and did a phenomenal job.

Such a treat just thinking about it!

Since money isn't an object, perhaps you could hire a personal chef to come over and prepare dinner at your place? THAT would be a panty dropper. A civilian one, too.

I was just thinking doing something different, like the personal chef or the dinner catered, would be unique ... hence the appeal.
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:44 AM   #22
no glove no love
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Texas Land and Cattle is very good and only about 70 bucks for two.
no glove no love is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:46 AM   #23
Luke Skywalker
Valued Poster

Encounters: 56

Also... not exactly a steak house, but has wonderful steaks.... Eddie V's
Luke Skywalker is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:20 PM   #24
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

First, I make the best tasting steak in Dallas....on an inexpensive medium sized barrel-shaped, charcoal-burning grill from the comfort of my own patio. Yuuup, I know that's a big boast but that's how I feel, folks. There's a great little family-owned butcher 5 minutes from my home and I can get the best meats possible from them anytime I desire.

And the money saved from going out to one of these over-priced 5-star steakhouses allows me to spend a little more freely on a great bottle of red (or two) to enjoy with my medium-rare beef.

Ahhhhh.....I love the summertime.
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:51 PM   #25
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Cooking and eating can be such a primal experience, if done right.

And for those of us who just adore meat *grin* being cooked for is just wonderful. The size of the grill doesn't matter.
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:07 PM   #26
TinMan
The Grey Knight

Encounters: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau Becot View Post
First, I make the best tasting steak in Dallas....on an inexpensive medium sized barrel-shaped, charcoal-burning grill from the comfort of my own patio. Yuuup, I know that's a big boast but that's how I feel, folks. There's a great little family-owned butcher 5 minutes from my home and I can get the best meats possible from them anytime I desire.

And the money saved from going out to one of these over-priced 5-star steakhouses allows me to spend a little more freely on a great bottle of red (or two) to enjoy with my medium-rare beef.

Ahhhhh.....I love the summertime.
I'm right there with you, pal. Throw some water-soaked wood chunks on, make sure the beef is well-marinated, and I've got a steak that tastes as good to me as almost anything I can buy at the steakhouse.

If I had known what a panty-dropper that skill was, I might have foregone the expensive booze for a few thick-cut ribeyes.
TinMan is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:06 PM   #27
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Nick and Sam's

Pappas Brothers

This list is a little dated but still relevant.

http://www.dmagazine.com/publication...s-in-dallas-01
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:12 PM   #28
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

I have scored more often by cooking lobster for my dates than steaks.......I don't know why, but it always works....

My preference for cooking a great aged steak is stove top in a well seasoned cast iron skillet; then into a hot oven to finish it off at the precise temp. The wood/coal heat combo isn't necessary and doesn't add much flavor. The flavor is all in properly breaking down the fat content.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:44 PM   #29
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers View Post
And for those of us who just adore meat *grin* being cooked for is just wonderful. The size of the grill doesn't matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan View Post
If I had known what a panty-dropper that skill was, I might have foregone the expensive booze for a few thick-cut ribeyes.
Dang!

Why didn't somebody tell me what a panty-dropper good cooking skills were 40 or 50 years ago? I would have made a point of doing a much better job of acquiring them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
I have scored more often by cooking lobster for my dates than steaks.......I don't know why, but it always works....
A large percentage of the women with whom I've dined, if not the majority, preferred seafood to beef. Some have even said they feel guilty about landing far short of finishing off a typical restaurant-sized portion of beef.

Good lobster has indeed been a favorite of more than a few. And I once knew a lady who said she could come close to having a "food orgasm" over Copper River Salmon when prepared properly!
Texas Contrarian is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:24 PM   #30
Ravasher
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Go to the Men's club on Wednesday for lunch. The buffet is only $9 and the prime rib is really good. Also all you can eat.
Ravasher is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women