Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70787
biomed163165
Yssup Rider60808
gman4453287
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48626
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42482
CryptKicker37213
The_Waco_Kid36919
Mokoa36496
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 11-07-2014, 06:29 AM   #16
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
With that said, I would not have considered dropping out of college with only one semester remaining, never to return.
Fortunately for the future of this country. Not all think like you do.

And have a nice day, Loser.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:37 AM   #17
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

I do not think that will hurt him. I said a year or so ago , I thought he would be the best choice the GOP should put forth.

The red meat eaters do not want Bush and Rand is not electable....Christy? No fucking way.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:34 AM   #18
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Maybe he can finish before the Iowa caucus.

It does give any opponent who did finish college an edge. They would be stupid not to exploit it.
Whether it's actually relevant to his ability to lead doesn't make a difference. We decide to vote or not vote for a candidate for much less relevant reasons. Look who we have as POTUS now and why he got elected.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:37 AM   #19
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

"In this day and age, you have to have the (college) credentials."

Much of an elitist, are you?

Governors can make very good presidents (jefferson, madison, coolidge, roosevelt (both), Reagan, Clinton, Bush).

Voting for Obama (in 2012, but not the 2008 election), tells me you don't have very good judgement.

So who tops your list of GOP candidates "with credentials" ?
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:40 AM   #20
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
It does give any opponent who did finish college an edge. They would be stupid not to exploit it.
That would be "interesting" .....

.... a Democrat ridiculing someone for not finishing four years of college.

It would be "stupid' to "exploit it."

That was brought up in Georgia earlier this year,
http://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/d...eferrer=report

Georgia has about 72% of the adults with no four-year college degree.

The national average is about that: 28% WITH a four year degree. You can speculate yourself on whether the majority of the 72% WITHOUT a four-year decree are from the Democratic "base"!

My "guess" is yes.

I think the Democratic strategy needs to move away from the traditional liberal view of the "masses" being ignorant, idiots, "mouth-breathers," and "knuckle-dragging retardoes." It really didn't work for the Democrats this go round. Harvard's rep is tarnished.

It doesn't work on this board either.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:50 AM   #21
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Talking Which means I'm probably wrong

I finally agree with LL on something!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:51 AM   #22
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

BigAssSux went to college. Well, not a real college, but he graduated. This proves college is irrelevant.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:59 AM   #23
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I finally agree with LL on something!
You like pussy, don't you?
Old 11-07-2014, 08:01 AM   #24
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

OK, two things!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:11 AM   #25
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
That would be "interesting" .....

.... a Democrat ridiculing someone for not finishing four years of college.

It would be "stupid' to "exploit it."
Political parties pay people lots of money to figure out a way to spin something like that into an advantage. When the voting base is as politically uneducated as we are it's easy to hammer away at some ridiculous point and make us think it has merit. Ever watch Water's World on The O'Reilly Factor?

No candidate is going to be perfect.
If Hillary gets the nomination her record as S of S will be run through the ringer by the Republicans. Benghazi will be rehashed more then than ever.

When I was first starting college I remember a business owner telling me that he would never hire a college dropout because it showed an inability to see things through. That stayed with me for a long time but I've come to realize there may be things more important than finishing college. As a business owner and previously a manager hiring people on a regular basis, I take that into account but it's limited. The weight is going to be higher with a younger person with no track record. As they develop a resume the weight of the college education drops.
Best salesman I ever had, by far, was college educated thanks to an athletic scholarship. He had an accounting degree, as do I, and he didn't know a lick about accounting. I hired him 10 years removed from college and pretty much promised him the moon. He delivered everything he said he could and more.

The point to all my rambling is I would vote or not vote for someone old enough to run for President based more on their record as a leader in either politics or business and less on the fact that they dropped out of college. I'm not sure the masses would be able to ignore the spin and not vote for gimmicks. They proved they couldn't in 2008.

If Texas primaries were held today for an open field Dr. Ben Carson would probably get my vote. I hope he runs.

Edit to say I just saw this:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/meet-...ry?id=26735300

Looks like Carson is in. Let the scrutiny begin.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:13 AM   #26
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
BigAssSux went to college. Well, not a real college, but he graduated. This proves college is irrelevant.
Excellent point!
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:38 AM   #27
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
So, according to NYRKR, anyone who did not graduate from college is not worth anything. Is that about it?
You really can't fucking read, can you?

Go back and re-read both of my posts above. And stop posting drunk.

I CLEARLY wrote that I was NOT saying he wasn't smart of wouldn't be a good president. Only YOU could get it THAT backwards.

My concern is that the Dems will use that as a slight against him in 2016. I think that election will be close and the GOP can't afford to give up even a 1% edge.

Asshole.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:47 AM   #28
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
"In this day and age, you have to have the (college) credentials."

Much of an elitist, are you?

Governors can make very good presidents (jefferson, madison, coolidge, roosevelt (both), Reagan, Clinton, Bush).

Voting for Obama (in 2012, but not the 2008 election), tells me you don't have very good judgement.

So who tops your list of GOP candidates "with credentials" ?
Re-read what I wrote, Whirligay. You and JDBarleycorn and functionally illiterate.

I said NOTHING about whether or not he would be a good president.

And I have repeatedly written that I thought governors are the best place to pick future presidents, not senators or representatives.

My concerns is that the lack of a degree will give the Dems an edge. They will insinuate all kinds of bullshit about why dropped out in his last semester.

It will be a close election in 2016 and the GOP can't even afford to concede even a 1% edge.

I do not what to start out with a candidate that has one strike against him.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:50 AM   #29
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
You really can't fucking read, can you?

Go back and re-read both of my posts above. And stop posting drunk.

I CLEARLY wrote that I was NOT saying he wasn't smart of wouldn't be a good president. Only YOU could get it THAT backwards.

My concern is that the Dems will use that as a slight against him in 2016. I think that election will be close and the GOP can't afford to give up even a 1% edge.

Asshole.
It's your thread...

I happen to think you make a lot of good points in this and other threads and we think quite a bit alike.

It's tough not to be an asshole in this environment but you come across as petulant much of the time. I'd like to see you rise above the dipshittery as much as possible. I think you'd be more persuasive in the long run.

Like I said, your thread...Just my two cents.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:54 AM   #30
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Re-read what I wrote illiterate; I NEVER said you said anything about Walker being a good or bad president.

But you did say something more elitist and stupid = "in this day and age, you have to have the (college degree) credentials"

You got a link to a study, report, or legitimate political analysis that supports this idiocy - that Walker isn't electable because he doesn't have an undergraduate degree.

My "link" would be Walker winning 3 elections in a heavy left of center state, against a well financed nationally organized opposition. And I would add, he won those 3 elections by a much wider margin than your mythical 1% edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
Re-read what I wrote, Whirligay. You and JDBarleycorn and functionally illiterate.

I said NOTHING about whether or not he would be a good president.

And I have repeatedly written that I thought governors are the best place to pick future presidents, not senators or representatives.

My concerns is that the lack of a degree will give the Dems an edge. They will insinuate all kinds of bullshit about why dropped out in his last semester.

It will be a close election in 2016 and the GOP can't even afford to concede even a 1% edge.

I do not what to start out with a candidate that has one strike against him.
Ok. again, so who is your current best/top contender?
Whirlaway is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women