Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70707
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60356
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48435
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41498
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35872
Mojojo33117

Old 06-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #16
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

There is no way to spin this decision into something good for conservatives. I will not try. It is a disappointing day.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #17
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Welcome back Well;

I am shocked that Robert's voted in favor. Nothing else to say, except don't over/under estimate the political ramifications.

Obamacare is not popular; and was the motivation of the 2010 Republican landslide that booted Democratics in state house and the US Congress.

This decision will put alot of pressure on Romney to be forceful and strong in his campgaining. Romey can easily say that his healthcare plan was a state plan; not mandated across the country.....it is an easy concept for voters to grasp.

BTW; Marshall has been banned - agian, for the 3rd time I think.
The Affordable Health Care Act isn't popular because of the misinformation spread by the GOP/conservatives about it's provisions. As in all other things, the GOP lies and prevaricates about the vast majority of the provisions of the act. If you ask Americans about the particular provisions of the legislation, you get quite a different answer. Like over 80% think that health insurance companies should not be allowed to deny coverage on pre-existing conditions. Imagine. The real question here is why on earth we've allowed the insurance companies and their GOP lackeys to fuck us over since the beginning of time on issues like pre-existing conditions. Anyway, here's a link to one of the polls that shows what Americans really think about the Affordable Health Care Act when you ask particular questions about it's provisions rather than just spewing shit like Whirlygig.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...85N01M20120624
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:54 AM   #18
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
Dali good to hear from you- but Dali- how can you say this will motivate the right? This was a huge defeat for the right- as I mentioned the law is not perfect- but it has some very good provisions in them but for you to say that this law being upheld will motivate the right is you being very cynical.
This victory has lit a new fire in the Obama administration- has the law been struck down then Romney would have had plenty of ammo since Obama's hallmark was Obamacare- honestly after the economy,Healthcare would have been topic #2 during the Presidential debate.

Romney already was going to have a tough time debating Obama on Obamacare since Obama used Romneycare as the blueprint and the fact that it was upheld how is Romney going to fire back? Even during the GOP primaries both Santorum and Gingrich kept saying how is Romney going to challenge Obama on healthcare???
Are you high? How is this going to mobilize the right? OK, say Romney looses because, if he can’t beat Obama in this economy, he’s the world’s worst campaigner, then never fear Congress is going to take a hard right turn, and then Obama and his legacy beyond this one bill will be dead in the water. He’ll be a lame duck with only the hope that the economy turns around before the 2014 mid-term election.

The only merit Romney has to hit hard is that Obama lied about the tax thingie. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it is a duck. The only way it got past the Supreme Court is they saw it for the tax that it was. He said over and over and over again that it was not a tax it was a penalty – more of his truthy bullshit. Hopefully the Cult of Personality has tarnished enough to solidify the middle against Obama. Pity, his new $2,500 tax or the choice between rent and the streets won’t have hit the sheeple before the election is upon us.

Personally, I was for a universal payer system on a sliding scale. This bill taxes people that make more than $14,400 a year. That’s not poor that’s on the streets. More specifically, with full time work that’s $6.92 per hour.

Docbutter’s right, pass out the hand baskets.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:54 AM   #19
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
I think the immediate issue is how will Boehner respond; the Republicans in Congress better swing hard to the right in everything and anything. Otherwise, conservative voters will stay home or go somewhere else.

I will also add:

The Bush II legacy gets worse for conservatives - Roberts was a Bush appointment to SCOTUS. George Bush is fast becoming one of the worse presidents in our history.
Whirl if they swing hard to the right than they will alienate the Independents and the independents will decide this election in Nov. I actually saw this day coming during the primaries- Flip Flopping Romney tried to play to the Tea party and conservatives to win the nomination- but to the win the big election you can't just appeal to the far right- and I don't think Romney can pull this off- he looked like a deer in headlights addressing the latinos last week- he is losing badly with women voters who are the majority of voters- if he just appeals to the far right h's going to lose bad.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #20
rodog44
Valued Poster

Encounters: 56

WHY ARE YOU STUPID LIBERALS SO HAPPY ABOUT GIVING UP THE LIBERTY THAT SO MANY HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED FOR?
rodog44 is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #21
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
The Affordable Health Care Act isn't popular because of the misinformation spread by the GOP/conservatives about it's provisions. As in all other things, the GOP lies and prevaricates about the vast majority of the provisions of the act. If you ask Americans about the particular provisions of the legislation, you get quite a different answer. Like over 80% think that health insurance companies should not be allowed to deny coverage on pre-existing conditions. Imagine. The real question here is why on earth we've allowed the insurance companies and their GOP lackeys to fuck us over since the beginning of time on issues like pre-existing conditions. Anyway, here's a link to one of the polls that shows what Americans really think about the Affordable Health Care Act when you ask particular questions about it's provisions rather than just spewing shit like Whirlygig.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...85N01M20120624

There are some good things in the bill, but those could have been passed without the tax. Those could have been taxed and still cared for the medical needs of the poor and working classes. Those same wonderful things mean nothing if someone has to pay a tax at the end of the year and maybe end up in prison because he had to choose between shelter and fulfilling some hack’s dream of immortality.

I spend around $300 / month for major medical with a $5,000 deductible and total out of pocket $7,500, but according to Obamacare that’s not good enough. I can easily afford the deductible. If I’m happy with it, what is it any business of some polito or bureaucrat? If the Obama administration was that worried about the people, he’d have taken care of the poor and working classes. Instead, he’s taxed them and told people like me I make bad decisions. Typical hard left or right-winger. No one’s decisions are good unless they agree with the righteous left or right-winger.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #22
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

This is a Pyrrhic victory for Obama. Now his penalty is blatantly a tax which he continuously denied. The math on the cost and payment for this has never worked and it still will not work.

They are solving a problem by doing more of what helped create the problem. Insurance does not lower health care cost and the idea that preventative tests will lower the cost is a fantasy. The take all comers requirement of the insurance companies may be popular but is financially unsustainable. This is a financial disaster in the making and I hope that the elections will allow it to be eliminated.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #23
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
Are you high? How is this going to mobilize the right? OK, say Romney looses because, if he can’t beat Obama in this economy, he’s the world’s worst campaigner, then never fear Congress is going to take a hard right turn, and then Obama and his legacy beyond this one bill will be dead in the water. He’ll be a lame duck with only the hope that the economy turns around before the 2014 mid-term election.

The only merit Romney has to hit hard is that Obama lied about the tax thingie. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it is a duck. The only way it got past the Supreme Court is they saw it for the tax that it was. He said over and over and over again that it was not a tax it was a penalty – more of his truthy bullshit. Hopefully the Cult of Personality has tarnished enough to solidify the middle against Obama. Pity, his new $2,500 tax or the choice between rent and the streets won’t have hit the sheeple before the election is upon us.

Personally, I was for a universal payer system on a sliding scale. This bill taxes people that make more than $14,400 a year. That’s not poor that’s on the streets. More specifically, with full time work that’s $6.92 per hour.

Docbutter’s right, pass out the hand baskets.
Nope not high are you? So basically what you are telling me that this was a win win situation for the GOP are you freaking kidding me? By your logic all those right wingers who were standing awaiting the decision couldn't care less if the Bill was upheld or struck down???? LMFAO!!!
You are talking like a true politician in which you try to make a victory out of a defeat. This is absurd as saying when the Miami heat defeated the OKC thunder last week that fans of the Thunder were happy because this will give them motivation to try harder and win next year??? I love your logic- I could use the same logic and say well if Obama law was repealed than Obama and the Dems would get motivated because all the 30 million people without insurance are going to be pissed and they are going to come out in masses on 11-6-2012.
I am pretty sure had Obamacare been repealed your tone would be very different- get over it- Obamacare is now the law of the land- take it or leave it and once again it became law [B]BECAUSE CHIEF JUSTICE ROBERTS WHO WAS APPOINTNED BY YOUR GREAT REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT GEORGE W BUSH DECIDED TO UPHOLD THE LAW- SO BASICALLY A CONSERVATIVE JUDGE AGREED WITH OBAMA!!!!![/B]
Old 06-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #24
Laz
Valued Poster

Quote:

I spend around $300 / month for major medical with a $5,000 deductible and total out of pocket $7,500, but according to Obamacare that’s not good enough. I can easily afford the deductible. If I’m happy with it, what is it any business of some polito or bureaucrat? If the Obama administration was that worried about the people, he’d have taken care of the poor and working classes. Instead, he’s taxed them and told people like me I make bad decisions. Typical hard left or right-winger. No one’s decisions are good unless they agree with the righteous left or right-winger.
This is the type of policy everyone should be wanting. Those deductibles may be high for some but the key is that routine needs are paid for out of pocket with no insurance involvement. That would lead to consumer shopping and provider competition. That would lower costs on top of the reduction in administrative costs of not dealing with insurance companies.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #25
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:

There are some good things in the bill, but those could have been passed without the tax. Those could have been taxed and still cared for the medical needs of the poor and working classes. Those same wonderful things mean nothing if someone has to pay a tax at the end of the year and maybe end up in prison because he had to choose between shelter and fulfilling some hack’s dream of immortality.

Oliva answer me this one question and then I will leave: What was the GOP's plan to fix healthcare???????
Old 06-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #26
Roothead
Valued Poster

as a registered republican who is really a member of the "fiscal conservative socially liberal" school of thought, I applaud Chief Justice Roberts for his courageous decision..... maybe this will be a pivot point where the influence of vocally extremist fringe elements, on both the right and left, gets stuffed back into the the trash can from which they emerged

Reasonable and practical people are what has made this nation - compromise and respect behaviors have no replacements
Roothead is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #27
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
There is no way to spin this decision into something good for conservatives. I will not try. It is a disappointing day.
Whirlaway we have been friends for some time and we share different political views and we have agree to disagree, but I appreciate you being 100% honest because no matter how you spin this it is not good for Republicans or conservatives and had it been repealed it would have been bad for Dems and Obama. I am going on to many sites especially the social media sites and the DEMS are excited and motivated and energized.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #28
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roothead View Post
as a registered republican who is really a member of the "fiscal conservative socially liberal" school of thought, I applaud Chief Justice Roberts for his courageous decision..... maybe this will be a pivot point where the influence of vocally extremist fringe elements, on both the right and left, gets stuffed back into the the trash can from which they emerged

Reasonable and practical people are what has made this nation - compromise and respect behaviors have no replacements
I agree Root- he has my respect because he made a very tough decision based on what he thought was morally right.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #29
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I am a conservative, and I am for ObamaCare. Why?

Because I am also a Business Man. My Health Insurance Cost for my employs has been a major pain for years.

Now, I can recoup much of the cost through the tax incentives offered to business's with fewer than 25 employees. This will put more money in my pocket.

Justice Roberts was correct. The mandate is nothing more than a tax, and Congress has the Constitutional Authority to tax everybody.

The one thing that does chap my ass though is why are so many companies being allowed to opt out. Shouldn't the SCOTUS have addressed this?
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #30
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

My question to you Well; is the funding mechanism a tax or not ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
Oliva answer me this one question and then I will leave: What was the GOP's plan to fix healthcare???????
Whirlaway is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women