Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70698
biomed162445
Yssup Rider60303
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48414
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41374
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35776
Mojojo33117

Old 03-20-2011, 08:50 AM   #16
Guest071711
Account Disabled

User ID: 44797
My ECCIE Reviews

Mac sux
Guest071711 is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:31 AM   #17
Eccie Addict
Former Post Ho

Encounters: 25

Darth.... Is this new machine only going to be for MOD duties only? I have a netbook that I only paid like 150 for and it serves its purpose for me without any problems. It with clear internet makes it perfect and very easy to take whereever you want.

Spirit.... I believe I've seen you mention the netbooks in previous posts. Is it possible to upgrade or customize one a bit to one's liking?
Eccie Addict is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:28 AM   #18
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccie Addict View Post
Darth.... Is this new machine only going to be for MOD duties only? I have a netbook that I only paid like 150 for and it serves its purpose for me without any problems. It with clear internet makes it perfect and very easy to take whereever you want.

Spirit.... I believe I've seen you mention the netbooks in previous posts. Is it possible to upgrade or customize one a bit to one's liking?
Netbooks are scaled down but still quite useful

usually they are running the 1.6 gig ATOM cpu (its dual core) has a 160 to 250 gig HD, NO CDRW/DVD RW but you can get a USB powered one for around 50
Comes with 1 gig ram, max is 2 and I highly recommend it! You can run Linux on it as well.

the PLUS about these little units are just that.. Little.. most are 10.1 inch screens, they are light, the newer ones get 3+ hours on a battery, you can buy extended batteries for them which can get you 6 + hours (add about 3/4 a pound to carry weight) and to carry one in a briefcase, small backpack is easy, You can pack it, the power supply and the external CD drive easy.

Price wise they are about 280 starting price

But before you whip out the $$$$ go look/fondle them at a computer store.. if its not comfy for you to type on or use, then you won't like it.

2 things to always look for in a notebook style PC... How much RAM is it coming with, and what is its max limit?

RAM is the playground programs play in.. bigger playground, less chance of programs bumping into each other and fighting (blue screens of death) the CPU speed should be 1.6 or higher....

Eccie Addict brought up a GOOD point... if you intend on using a third party USB 3g -4g adapter, that might hinder a choice in Linux. The ones that work are usually the Puck that charges off the USB and you connect to it via wifi (like the MIFI devices)

If you need that sort of connectivity, then stick to windows or Mac.
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:51 PM   #19
Guest021213
Account Disabled

Encounters: 27

If you can afford it, Mac Book Pro with eyes closed ... I've been using Mac since 10 years ago, and never going back to PC ... The only PC's we have at the office, it's because the accounting software was made for Windows ... still I am running Mac OSX and Windows in my mac that has now an Intel processor ... Its like having two laptops in one
Guest021213 is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:13 PM   #20
R.M.
Not A Stepford Wife

User ID: 14483
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardWired View Post
If you can afford it, Mac Book Pro with eyes closed ... I've been using Mac since 10 years ago, and never going back to PC ... The only PC's we have at the office, it's because the accounting software was made for Windows ... still I am running Mac OSX and Windows in my mac that has now an Intel processor ... Its like having two laptops in one
I saw that in the Apple store here in Houston the man that waited on me had one and showed it to me. I really like that idea. I am just now getting use to the IPad and I am now saving money or will barter for a Mac Book Pro. Thank you all for the information that you all have shared. I use photoshop at lot. Does anyone know any thing about their version of it? I am switching over to Mac I am sick of all of the virus bs.
R.M. is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #21
Eccie Addict
Former Post Ho

The Mac Store told me my Mac was ancient lol but believe it or not even as old as it is I have yet to get one virus....
Old 03-20-2011, 06:05 PM   #22
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

the big difference between Mac's running OSX, unix linux and windows machines is that virus's are written to target windows workstations (your home pc etc. but on the Mac OSX - linux-unix machines hackers want the server not the workstation.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:48 PM   #23
DarthMaul
DarkSide MOD

Encounters: 38

Thanks for all of the great advice. Spirit, I have heard of Ubuntu. I am an IT guys as well. I am on the software side though.
DarthMaul is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:30 AM   #24
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMaul View Post
Thanks for all of the great advice. Spirit, I have heard of Ubuntu. I am an IT guys as well. I am on the software side though.
Darth, I am working 3 pm - midnight all this week but if you are in town this next weekend lets meet up, I will bring my nerd stuff and can show you how it looks.

Also I think another on here (just woke up) is interested in seeing it, I am usually free around 3pm Saturday (got a thing I go to every week at Rudyards from 12:30- 2:30 and its in mid town. so from there I am central. Where ever we meet however it would be good for it to have free wifi so that you can see Ubuntu in action,

If Midtown is convenient for you, the I say meet at Rudyards 2010 Waugh drive (they sell beer, food, have darts, pool tables, sports on TV and wifi)
Old 03-21-2011, 08:46 AM   #25
SneakyCancer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

being opposed to the MAC prices and their claim to fame on not needing antivirus....im a PC and Windows 7 is the bomb. Besides you can get a smoking laptop spec'd out for a fraction of the price of a MAC. I personally prefer the Dells as i use them for work and play in my home, extended family,...and you cannot beat their hands down chat feature customer service.

i agree with ubuntu as well. linux based is the best hands down operating system. many companies are rewriting software to get away from licensing by microsoft. be careful on the drivers but once its up....ur rocking better than a MAC on steriods.
SneakyCancer is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #26
TexanAtPlay
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2
Default Sorry Bill Gates lovers, Mac is STILL better.

Differences between Macs and PCs, having used both.

I was helping two different family members migrate from desktop computers to laptops.

Family 1: Windows XP desktop to Windows 7 laptop: You can't restore a "full" backup, because way too many programs have hardware options settings. You can't move the "users" because of the darned "user profile" which deeply dictates hardware usage, program options, and how your system interacts based in installed programs. You can't "move" the programs, because it's all tied to the System Registry, which points to all of that wonderful proprietary hardware that each manufacturer buys from China and puts into their system, all requiring driver software to run it.

Family Member 2: Migrating older iMac desktop to a new Mac Book Pro. Restore full Time Machine backup using the Migration Utility - which can be done over direct cabling (Firewire, or an Ethernet or Wireless network (wireless much slower, but it does work). You can even restore from a Time Machine drive which is network based, or an external USB drive you can directly attach. It's that simply, you migrate programs and settings, users, basically the entire image, which is hardware independent.

Mac, hands down!
TexanAtPlay is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:39 AM   #27
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowshopper View Post
being opposed to the MAC prices and their claim to fame on not needing antivirus....im a PC and Windows 7 is the bomb. Besides you can get a smoking laptop spec'd out for a fraction of the price of a MAC. I personally prefer the Dells as i use them for work and play in my home, extended family,...and you cannot beat their hands down chat feature customer service.

i agree with ubuntu as well. linux based is the best hands down operating system. many companies are rewriting software to get away from licensing by microsoft. be careful on the drivers but once its up....ur rocking better than a MAC on steriods.
There is one way to test a machine with Linux before installing it. It is called a "Live CD" or a "Live USB drive" from a linux machine you can create one of these, and BOOT a machine from it. It runs in RAM, and only uses a small portion of the hd for swap which is cleared when you reboot, but it will test all the hardware to see if it is natively supported. If it is, you CAN from this Live image install either side by side on you current OS or wipe it out and run Pure Linux.

As for Windows 7 being "da bomb" companies are looking for it but as things become webclients etc..... all they need is a thin client (tech term for a non os no drive device that connects you to the server farm with full graphical gui) to allow them to remote in.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #28
Eccie Addict
Former Post Ho

Sounds like the closest you can get to Mac quality is windows machine with liniux....

What keeps Mac from getting viruses? That is one of the biggest selling points to me.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:05 AM   #29
guest040711-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 60

Darth
I use a iPad which works for 99% of mod stuff and email. I am looking at the new Mac air and will sell the iPad if I do.
guest040711-1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #30
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

User ID: 59709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccie Addict View Post
Sounds like the closest you can get to Mac quality is windows machine with liniux....

What keeps Mac from getting viruses? That is one of the biggest selling points to me.

most viruses are programmed for pc and not for mac. its a different system programming. since pc is used most often int he world they are more vulnerable. i assume that changes once mac becomes standard. the only reason why they are "safe" (not so much though) is because they are not common good.
NinaBrooke is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women