Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-07-2012, 06:24 AM   #16
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

http://www.newser.com/story/142322/a...st-seller.html
icuminpeace is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:25 AM   #17
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

You aren't educated in today's society if you don't understand the world's religions and how they effect the global society. Schools ought not teach that any religion is more true than another, nor should they teach that one religion is right to the exclusion of all others. But the basic tenets of the major religions should be a part of any curriculum.

How can a person effectively understand the Middle East if they don't know what Islam and Judaism is about? Or how can they develop an understanding of India, without understanding Hinduism? Or even understand the founding and expansion of the US, or the abolitionist movement without understanding Christianity? Hell, the history of Europe in the Middle Ages was all about religion.

Why would you want students to remain ignorant?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:25 AM   #18
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

http://www.newser.com/story/84378/ob...-outburst.html
Old 08-07-2012, 06:27 AM   #19
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

http://www.newser.com/story/84826/pa...-stickers.html
Old 08-07-2012, 06:28 AM   #20
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

Even Cheney is afraid.

http://www.newser.com/story/151589/c...-comments.html
Old 08-07-2012, 06:32 AM   #21
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

I think the guy was crazy. I don't think he was "inspired" by Sarah Palin.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #22
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

COG - You're missing the point. Sarah Palin is inciting people to harrass other people based on the bumper stickers they have. Do you think that there are no other nut jobs out there that will start pulling guns on people for their bumper stickers? You do know that a lot of the Palin followers aren't too sane as well, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87CPg5MB_Ec
Old 08-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #23
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

I didn't get that she advocated violence. It sounded to me like she was advocating starting a discussion.

And there are crazy people all over. If we are going to pander to them, and forbid all activities that "might" set them off, we will have much more of a police state than we already have.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:53 AM   #24
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by icuminpeace View Post
COG - You're missing the point. Sarah Palin is inciting people to harrass other people based on the bumper stickers they have. Do you think that there are no other nut jobs out there that will start pulling guns on people for their bumper stickers? You do know that a lot of the Palin followers aren't too sane as well, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87CPg5MB_Ec
Jesus, ICUP. You've lowered the standard of "hate". There was nothing "hateful" in there, just people disagreeing. Neither side behaved all that well, but to call it "right wing hatred" is ridiculous.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:55 AM   #25
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I was wondering how this topic would play out here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
Yes it is sad that we have so many individuals that are not of sound mind committing horrific crimes against all sorts of people.
The nut job in Arizona,
the nut job in Colorado,
The nut job in Wisconsin
The Islamic terrorist at Fort Hood.
So, why are the first three "nut jobs" but not the fourth one? They are all nut jobs, but it seems you have to spin a tragedy to make a political rant. While you are at it throw in OkCity. These are sick extremists fueld by hate. Hate and stupidity come in lots of flavors. They are all wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Pardon me for speaking out of turn, but I don't think there is any evidence linking this shooter to the Tea Party, or any faction of the Republican Party. I don't like the Tea Party or Republicans, but I don't think this guy was one of them. Agree, this sick person does not represent the TP in the violence displayed, but I have heard many TP people spout "THEY don't belong here, we need to keep them out and encourage them to leave" kind of rhetoric over and over. I would never condemn a TP member--and even less a Republican--because of this crime, but there are some common undercurrents.
[QUOTE=CuteOldGuy;3022405]Why is it that when there is a horrific crime involving guns, that they want to take away the guns from people who haven't committed any crime? I don't agree with it, but the general argument (which I can certainly understand) is that a sick person with a knife can do far less dammage than with an assault rifle. It's like saying we shouldn't take anthrax away from people who haven't committed any crimes. We need some serious discussions about reasonable gun controls but in our bipolar political environment I really doubt that will happen soon. [/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
This is really an indictment of our education system that our children have never learned about various religions. So I guess that means that liberalism is sucking. No, it means our education system is sucking. Conservatives sure don't want other religions taught.
Quote:
You aren't educated in today's society if you don't understand the world's religions and how they effect the global society. Schools ought not teach that any religion is more true than another, nor should they teach that one religion is right to the exclusion of all others. But the basic tenets of the major religions should be a part of any curriculum.

How can a person effectively understand the Middle East if they don't know what Islam and Judaism is about? Or how can they develop an understanding of India, without understanding Hinduism? Or even understand the founding and expansion of the US, or the abolitionist movement without understanding Christianity? Hell, the history of Europe in the Middle Ages was all about religion.

Why would you want students to remain ignorant?
Well said.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:09 AM   #26
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Old-T,
COG tries the best he can , he has a good heart but a feeble mind. He can not always connect all the dots. Thank you for helping him.

Regards,
WTF
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:13 AM   #27
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

COG - I do agree with you on teaching about cultures in school. Definitely agree, however I can already see the headlines in Fox News "School District indoctrinating your children to Islam". And what happens next is that uninformed parents will start to protest until the curriculum is changed.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:15 AM   #28
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

Quote:
I didn't get that she advocated violence. It sounded to me like she was advocating starting a discussion.

And there are crazy people all over. If we are going to pander to them, and forbid all activities that "might" set them off, we will have much more of a police state than we already have.
I don't know COG, Sarah has her way of inciting people. I wonder how many discussions would result in a tragic ending. I'd rather not find out and would rather a political leader not give people ideas that cause result in tragic misunderstandings. If a nut job will go off, let him/her do it on his own and not driven by what a political leader said.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #29
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by icuminpeace View Post
I don't know COG, Sarah has her way of inciting people. I wonder how many discussions would result in a tragic ending. I'd rather not find out and would rather a political leader not give people ideas that cause result in tragic misunderstandings. If a nut job will go off, let him/her do it on his own and not driven by what a political leader said.
We can live in a free society and accept the risks, or we can live in a police state. Palin is not anywhere near the worst at this.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:03 AM   #30
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Hmmmm, there has already been more discussion about differences in religiions and the acquisition of knowledge than could possibly take place in bomber-boy's mind in a couple of centuries.

Ahhh, to live the simple, er simplistic, life - unfettered by knowing things.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women